Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

So, just WHO are you?.

Oh how exciting... I nearly missed this post due to the lovely two weeks off work I have just enjoyed.

Neil, 29, Accountant, work for Jarrolds, married, live in Poringland, supporter since birth due to Norfolk (and Suffolk) family.  First game when I was about 2, been going all my life, some years more frequent than others, but have had a season ticket for the last 12 seasons.

Highlight was the promotion night at the reserves in 2004.  I just stood there all smug thinking that all my hard work through the rubbish years had paid off.  Didn''t leave the ground until nearly 11 even though there was nothing really happening!

Lowlight was relegation against Leeds in 1995.  Just seemed so unfair that a bad 5 months had cost us everything after what we had experienced since August 1992 when I thought we were actually deserved our place in the top 6 of English football....... when Coventry and Southampton got away with it year after year.

Most proud was Inter Milan away.  I just stood and didn''t speak for the 30 minutes after the game when all our fans were singing.  A mixture of being SO gutted but having huge pride.  Especially when all the Inter fans who had left their seats started reappearing to see what the crazy English fans were still doing singing away.

Thought id add my two cents worth..

Tom, Student from Thorpe St Andrew. Reading Business studies at Nottingham Trent Uni, which means that I cant get down to as many games as I would like

Been season ticket in C block Lower Barclay for around eleven years. Highlights, in no particular order are - Cardiff, Promotion night, Fulham, Munich, "Top of the league at portman road" and Barnsley (The cardiff season)

Lowlights include THAT 5-0 game at portman road, coming back from Fulham and being heiressed by some thick mancunians that for some reason had decided to watch the Tottenham game that day?!, the day Brian Hamilton was appointed, and of course relegation, even if the crowd that day made up for it in some part.

Away from football, I also play rugby for Norwich (although a lot less now im at uni) and cricket for Norwich union. Im also a keen poker player and have won some good money on the internet (good for a student at least!)

Sam, 16 years old, about to move on to further education at Baines Sixth Form College.  Live near the bright lights of Blackpool, travel back to Norfolk every year to see Grandparents and visit FCR.  Hoping to move down to go to uni and definitely want to live in the area and get a season ticket!! 

Hi, I''m Chris, long timer lurker and occasional contributor to the messageboards.

24, live in norwch (about 20 mins walk to the Sacred Turf of Carrow Road), work for a small company creating websites and i also look after company''s IT systems as well.

Lived in Norfolk for about 5 years now, i use to live in North Devon (there''s NO football down there!) but moved up to Norwich to be with a girl who''s now my wife.

The first match i saw was the Barnsley 2-0 win at home the year we went to cardiff. I have always liked football and my father-in-law has been going for 20/30 years so took me along one day and have hardly missed a match since, although i did have the chance to go to Cardiff and for some strange reason which eludes me to this day, i didn''t go. I use to sit in the N & P end, near Cheeseboard and the bloke who shouts alot, but moved to the middle of the Jarrold stand when it was rebuilt. You can usually spot me as i''m the shouty bloke now.

My claim to fame is that when Man U were at carrow road (what a match that was!!!!), the Sky cameras picked me and my brother-in-law out of the crowd and showed just to two of us. My mate, who''s a Man U fan texted me and told me. I got some people asking me this, especially down my local!

OTBC

Nearly missed this thread due to being on sabbatical in the US, and only having internet access every few days or so.

Kudos to "vicar in green and yellow".  Having read his posts for a while now, I now realise that I KNOW him....  Same profession and all that.  The name''s Paul, so lets see if he can work out now who I am!...  (hi Ed!)