Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

So, just WHO are you?.

I am St.John Cooper, from Norwich, now living in Duabi running the Big Bus Company(sightseeing company), so dont get to see many games, any of you come out on holiday here you know who to ask for.

And is shrub really Delia?

And there must be some players out there......isnt there!

St.John

Stuart, 37 yrs going on 12 live in a small village just outside Liverpool - hence the "Plastic Scouser" moniker. Born & bred in Cromer - left at 18 to go to uni in London - and that was the end of that, never returned (except to get Mum to do the washing!) Have supported City since the days of Keelan, Paddon, Reeves etc - used to go to games with my Dad - how I loved that clapped out coach from Cromer full of good ole boys comparing the team with the team of ''38 blah blah blah!

Don''t get back to Norfolk as often as I like - wife & two small kids take care of that - plus it''s a pig of a drive and an 8hr train journey - I''m just hanging on for those direct Flybe flights to Liverpool that they keep talking about!

So there you go Wiz - I''m out!

"(No disrespect or offense intended against spotty faced beefburger sellers in Yarmouth or anywhere in general) "

I once sold beefburgers on Yarmouth sea-front Jim and it didn''t do me any harm - Summer of ''76, baking hot and the whole town full of young ladies in skimpy beachwear !!!  (sorry to the Ladies on this board if they think that is a bit politically incorrect - it is bloody true though !!!)

Anyway, Mark Yallop, born and bred in Yarmouth/Gorleston. Joined RN at 17 and eventually settled in Fareham (just outside Pompey).      Work in the Esso Fawley oil refinery as process crew.  Began watching Norwich around 1968 (a night game against Southampton is one of my earliest memories of FCR). Graduated to the Barclay in the "bad old days", got occasionally whacked by away fans (West Ham and Man Utd come to mind) because our coach always used to park in such a place that we had to walk through the away fans to get back on (not sure whether the driver was dumb or just thought it was quite a funny thing to do).

Am a shareholder but don''t get to games now as work shifts and my missus also works every other Saturday.

Mark .Y.

IM LEE.. BORN AND BRED IN NORFOLK.. PARENTS BORN AND BRED IN NORFOLK.. THEIR PARENTS BORN AND BRED IN NORFOLK.. BEEN SUPPORTING NORWICH SINCE 1978.. NOW LIVE IN CARLTON COLVILLE IN SUFFOLK.. LOCATED THERE THROUGH EX-GIRLFRIEND AND WORK MOVED THERE FROM A SMALL VILLAGE NEAR SNETTERTON RACE TRACK..

NORFOLK THROUGH AND THROUGH ONE OF THE REMAINING FEW

My username is my real name. By that you can probably guess i''m not english. I was born in italy and moved over to england just before my 5th birthday and have been living in gorleston and have supported norwich ever since. I''m 17 years old and am a student at East Norfolk sixth form college and have recently passed my driving test!!!

My first Norwich game was when i was actually a mascot, can''t remember the year but i remember that we ended up losing 2-1 to southampton

[quote]My username is my real name. By that you can probably guess i''m not english. I was born in italy and moved over to england just before my 5th birthday and have been living in gorleston and have suppor...[/quote]

Bloody hell Francesco, you live only 4 and a half miles from me mate!. And even nearer to Gorleston Jim.

Blast me, your English is better than mine, damn, lets face it, everybody''s English is better than mine.  

Well done on the driving test my friend.

"I once sold beefburgers on Yarmouth sea-front Jim and it didn''t do me any harm - Summer of ''76, baking hot and the whole town full of young ladies in skimpy beachwear !!! "

Mark. y. I didn''t think they''d invented skimpy beachwear back then? it was more like industrial sized pants and bras and all that. The reason I say that is because i''ve just got back from Zante and there were certainly some skimpy bikinis there, in fact my girlfriend wore the skimpiest ones of all but that''s another matter and she will not be impressed that I said that

Anyway i am Martin (33), a synthetic organic chemist, I went to Uni for what seems like forever and got a degree and PhD in chemistry, great days but not that smartest move financially. I then worked at the University of Florida for 2 years and now I live and work in loughborough where I share my life with my better half and 3 delightful guinea pigs. 

Afternoon, I dont post very often but often read what everyones saying.  I use my real name and Ive been a Norwich fan since I can remember.  Come from Lynn but been living in France for a year.  Im gonna be a fourth year at Leeds Uni next year so will be able to go to more games.  Been educating the frenchies on norwich and how to hate the scum!!

Marty - Boo!! I hope you don''t work for Lufbra Uni - Birmingham''s sporting arch-rivals

Real name Will....20, French and Italian student about to go on year abroad to Italy (basically same thing that Paul Holland has just finished). I can''t be bothered to type anymore...read my profile

I am Nigel a Finance Director 40 Years Old, Norwich Born & Bred, Married with 3 boys 2 Norwich fans & 1 hates football. I have a room at home dedicated to NCFC memorabilia & I am a Norwich nut my eldest son is a season ticket holder & Matthew (7) is on the waiting list & has been to more away games than home. Known in the River End for taking my seat late due to my brother(who I sit with) being an alcholic. Also known for not enjoying away fans company near our seats.

Hate them up the road & hope they have a horrible season. Used this log on name as if I had the Wings of the sparrow & the anatomy of a crow I would do exactly as the song goes.

[quote]Though my two sojourns into Leicester have been brief, I would have to say yes, Katie. Yes it is bad. Why are there so many people on here from North Walsham though??? Is there some kind of mafia thi...[/quote]

I wouldn''t say that there loads of people from North Walsham on here Evil Monkey, as far as i know its just Katie, AJ and myself, so, if theres any other North Walshamites out there make yourself known!!

However, there are some people on here who have ''connections'' with NW, step forward messers Jamie and Peter 

Though the idea you speak of, the spreading uni students around the country from NW sounds good, in a few years it could be AJ flying the flag for NCFC and NW!!!

Seems like the typical PinkUn poster is from North Walsham and works at NU!

It is odd that so many would have connections with such an obscure place though.

If you ever walk past the insurance office be sure to wave at my Mum as she''s still stuck there!

Excuse my lateness 1st wiz.

I´m Christian, single, 34 and I live in San Roque in southern Spain.

I work in air traffic control at Gibraltar airport so if you´re ever on hols over here, fly into Malaga or Jerez please so i can concentrate on the footy.

Un saludo a todos

[quote]Marc, 22 Born near Derby, live in Bedford and Norwich City season ticket holder for 15 years! Proud father of 3 month old Iwan. City''s future star striker![/quote]

Beds Canary, you appear to have no Norfolk connections apart from a love of our fine football club. I''m always curious whenever "foreigners" become fans of NCFC, as to why and when they 1st took a liking to the club. Dont, for heavens sake, take what I''m saying the wrong way and assume I resent anyone outside the region supporting City, far from it, the more fans attracted to the club the better. Anyway, why Norwich City and not Derby county or another Midlands club? I think it''s lovely when people grow attached to a football club from somewhere other than where they''re born. There are exceptions, however, such as when someone decides they''re going to be a Manure or an Arse or a Liverpool so-called fan. These are better known as glory hunters. I have a friend, Dereham born and bred, who''s a Hartlepool Utd supporter. He does actually attend a few games home and away every season, and has even managed to drag me along 2 or 3 times.

[quote]Seems like the typical PinkUn poster is from North Walsham and works at NU! It is odd that so many would have connections with such an obscure place though. If you ever walk past the insurance offi...[/quote]

You wanna hear a strange story??

I''ve been training a new girl into my team at NU recently, and she apparantly was asked by her boyfriend, who posts on this very site, whether she worked with two obscure people who''d gotten involved in one of his posts, in which they revealed they worked at NU?

Said lady came back believing it not to be possible, saying something like "I mean, you''re not Evil Monkey, are you??"

I smiled meekly and waggled my fingers...

Helloooo....

Small world, eh Iwan''s Front Teeth???

It does now mean that I have leverage for bribery and corruption within the near future

[quote]Excuse my lateness 1st wiz. I´m Christian, single, 34 and I live in San Roque in southern Spain. I work in air traffic control at Gibraltar airport so if you´re ever on hols over here, fly into Mal...[/quote]

Hullo, El Chorizo, you old "hot sausage"? you. Anyway, does "un saludo a todos" mean: greetings to you all, or something close to that. If it does I will be quite pleased as I dont speak Spanish, but I can sometimes work out little bits of certain languages.

[quote]Bloody hell Francesco, you live only 4 and a half miles from me mate!. And even nearer to Gorleston Jim. Blast me, your English is better than mine, damn, lets face it, everybody''s English is better ...[/quote]

Cheers, just gotta get a car now. Oh right so where do you live then, yarmouth, caister???

[quote]Cheers, just gotta get a car now. Oh right so where do you live then, yarmouth, caister???[/quote]

Jewel of the East coast Lowestoft, Francesco. 

Mind you, we are a bit scum infested here when they win!, although there''s still a lot of yellow and green about.

My 4 and a half miles remark, referred to flight by witches broom of course, I suppose its more like 6 or 7 miles for you mere mortals!. 

[quote]Jewel of the East coast Lowestoft, Francesco. Mind you, we are a bit scum infested here when they win!, although there''s still a lot of yellow and green about. My 4 and a half miles remark, refe...[/quote]

Aah yes i remember now. That post referring to the pronunctiation (if thats how you spell it) of the legendary Suffolk(cough:sick town. Not a bad place, saw plenty of it when i was doin my driving lessons and test in the past few months. Too many bloody roundabouts for my liking though!!!!

[quote]Aah yes i remember now. That post referring to the pronunctiation (if thats how you spell it) of the legendary Suffolk(cough:sick town. Not a bad place, saw plenty of it when i was doin my driving le...[/quote]

And they''re building even more roundabouts mate!.

As I''m finally driving again after my problems, I don''t find it funny in the least.

Every bloody summer, up comes the road!.

Oh, roll on the footy.

Can''t agree with you more wizz, can''t wait fo the new season to start, something to look forward to every week again!!!

Oh by the way, going back to the original point of this thread, i did forget to mention that, believe it or not, i am related to the simply awesome Juventus striker that is Alessandro Del Piero!!

[quote]Can''t agree with you more wizz, can''t wait fo the new season to start, something to look forward to every week again!!! Oh by the way, going back to the original point of this thread, i did forget to...[/quote]

Gulp!, and big respect my friend.   

hi there

my real name is jane markland and i have been a member of this board for ages, but started using it actively during the darren huckerby to norwich campaign!  Been calling myself GazzatheGreat due to a nickname my son had when he played footie during his younger years

Started going to Carrow Road in the 70-71 season - starting in the River End and gradually escaping to the Barclay (it was great in those days, much more atmosphere!!), have moved around quite a bit but now at home and loving living in the heart of the city in Rosary Road, Norwich, just a few metres from the old Nest ground.  I have two kids, son of 19 and daughter of 24, both avid fans - we are all season ticket holders in the lower barclay, forgot to mention i am the grand old age of 46 

workwise i am currently doing an admin job in the city but going to branch out soon into my own empire

i live with Meeky (who has been pestering me to put this on here!), what can i say, two real footie fans together, a match made in heaven. 

I''m Ahmad Barclay (yes, that''s my REAL surname!) - although all my mates do call me Ark. Set up Canarycorner.com when I was about 15 I think (now 23), actually worked updating this site too in its former guise as alt.Canaries back in the days of ECN.

I''m now an architecture postgrad bum living and working in London.

My name''s Richard. I started supporting the Canaries in the early 90''s when all my mates talked about during the walk to school was football. Not wanting to be a glory boy (like my never-been-anywhere-near-the-place Liverpool-supporting pal), I opted to go with the ''family'' team (my Dad supports them, having grown up round there, as did his father before him). I''ve followed their results eagerly ever since. I was born in Lincoln, moved to Brackley (half way between Northampton & Oxford) when I was nine, went to uni in Wales (cheering on the mighty Bangor City on a number of occasions), studied for a further year in Newcastle, got my first job near Croydon, and relocated to Lincoln nearly three years ago. So, no point in having a ''local'' team...it would change every couple of years!!

My dad took me to see my first football match as a birthday treat when I was about 10 (and not really interested at the time). We went to watch Oxford Utd (as the nearest top-flight team) hosting non other than Norwich City. Ironically (I was supporting Oxford as my ''local'' team), that was one of only two live games I''ve ever seen Norwich win! I vaguely recall my Dad pretending to be disappointed. I''ve only been to about eight live matches, and the only Norwich victories I''ve witnessed were the incident above and a 2-0 away to Wolves when I went with my Wolves-supporting pal.

My moniker is self-explanatory. I''d toyed with the idea of using a more inventive one but felt I might be banned from the board. Perhaps I could use something cleaner...like Chris P. Bacon or Howard I know.

[quote]Gulp!, and big respect my friend.[/quote]

Yeah i know. I''ve never actually had the chance to meet him but he is actually my cousin whch is pretty cool. He''s my favourite italian player for obvious reasons. I know where i get my skills from...