Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

So, just WHO are you?.

Right then here we go.

I''m Paul Meek (hence the username Meeky) Company Director of my own plastics company in Bowthorpe Norwich www.emkayplastics.co.uk. Also owner of a limousine (available for away games!) I''m 45 years old, divorced with two little girls aged 6 and 8. Have been on the waiting list for 3 season tickets as I think they''re now old enough to go, but missed out for the coming season. Just a member and shareholder, supported City since 1972, hate the scum.

Went to school from 71-76 at Fakenham Grammar. Love football, swimming and F1.

Earlier this year moved into a house on Rosary Road with Gazzathegreat, but I''ll let her tell you about herself if she wishes.

[quote]Which uni are you going to mate??[/quote]

I''m off to Nottingham Trent University...

I also forgot to add;

I am 19 and I live in Buxton (near Aylsham)...

...I went to Aylsham High School, then Paston College in North Walsham.

[quote]Jimmy, 32 Manager of an HIV/AIDS Education Programme in Tanzania, but I''m moving to Uganda at the end of this week to do the same thing. Will be posting again from there as soon as I can find ...[/quote]

Flick Fleck: I''m going on holiday to Uganda on the 8th September!!

Neil Hagendyk. 31 years old, married to Rachel, 2 kids (Leon 10, & Aylah 4), 1 overactive Jack Russell terrier(Cassy).  Moved to Sprowston when I was 7 & my dad was posted to RAF Neatishead, went to White Woman Lane middle school between 82-84, so as you can see have been an avid canary for 24 years!! 

My dad was then posted to Germany and we finally settled back in the UK in 1992 here in (Very) sunny Weston Super Mare.

I work for a company which sells car parts, exciting eh?!  Oh, and that''s me on the right in the picture, but will have a better photo tomorrow.

I''m really surprised and delighted, that MOST of you have entered into the spirit of this thread. It''s really interesting finding out who you are.

Please keep them coming in.

Now if we could only get a player on here, wow!. Perhaps just a large P'' next to your username maybe?, We promise, we won''t tell a soul!.  

I Use my real name and i am 19 years old from norwich.

Been a supporter all my life but unfortunately don''t go to many games now as i play myself on a saturday

Greg Scott, 35, living in Crewe, Cheshire with my wife and lovely daughter.  Was born in Ely, where I lived until I joined the RAF.  Spent 7 years at RAF Neatishead before finally moving to Crewe in August 2002.  Had to give up my season ticket due to financial restraints the season we got promoted (boo!), but am a member and try to get to as many away games in the North West and Midlands as I can.

I now work for the local council dealing with external funding and rural issues here in Cheshire!

[quote]Flick Fleck: I''m going on holiday to Uganda on the 8th September!![/quote]

Jamie Wright: You''ll have a good time, I have no doubt!  I''ll be living in Jinja, where the Source of the Nile is - and some pretty hot white water rafting.  Let me know nearer the time when you are coming!

I''m 25 former resident of Lowestoft now living and working in London. Moved to London in 1998 to go to University and I stayed here upon graduation, but I expect I will move back that way sometime in the future. I get back to all the matches I can.

Sorry...nearly forgot my name, it''s Chris. I''ll hold back on the surname I want to leave a little mystery!!!!!

I''m Ken, 35 years old. I have been a long time lurker on this board, a recent change in employment status (I''m taking the summer off, ace!) means I have time to read properly and post! I have never actually lived in Norfolk, but its where all my family comes from and having spent so many summers up there it feels more like home than Putney does. I don''t get to many games, previously because of work commitments, but hope to get to more games this season.

[quote]nick, i also live in walsham. Im 14, go to north walsham high. North walsham isnt the greatest place on earth is it?[/quote]

AJ,

I don''t don''t know i quite like North walsham, in a funny kind of way. The pubs aren''t the most upmarket of places but make up for it in atmosphere. The town is nice, not too big but still big enough to have all the shops you are likely to need on a typical day. Its not too far from either the coast or Norwich. Maybe thats just me!!

I also went to North walsham High and then on to Paston college. I''ve had my season ticket now for six seasons (next season is my seventh). I have now relocated from the Nice and Peaceful to the Jarrold stand, purely to get a better view of the game!!

All these posts are making me feel old and I''m nowhere near as old as old Wiz.

I''m Kevin, aged 42, married with two daughters who are both proud to wear the yellow and green. Born and bred in Norfolk but now an exiled Canary fan living just outside Dunfermline in Scotland. Moved up here in ''91 when my work relocated and haven''t moved back, although I almost moved to a job with the "Borg" over on the west coast of the US - what would I have done about the footy then?

Used to always post on here as my own name Rob Henry but thought i should get some sort of id in case i wanted to slag anyone off anytime!!

[quote]AJ, I don''t don''t know i quite like North walsham, in a funny kind of way. The pubs aren''t the most upmarket of places but make up for it in atmosphere. The town is nice, not too big but still big en...[/quote]

Although North Walsham served me well with my time at Paston College... the place just made me feel ill and I wanted to retreat home.

Everyone just seemed strange (no offence). Bit like Royston Vasey, off League of Gentlemen...

I see where you are comming from Jamie but i guess i like the place because its home and being away at Uni its nice to come back. However, i must also agree with your comments about the people, there are some very disturbing people inhabiting the town, they tend to have no job (sorry if i offend anyone) and just hang around the centre of town generally doing nothing all day, but then again, i guess all towns and cities have their fair share of these groups!

Warren Bremner, Canary fan since birth (thanks to my Grandfather) Married to Maxine, who I am slowly converting from Manchester United to the glorious Green and Yellow. 3 month old son – Archie – who WILL be brought up following the one true faith. Currently residing in Pulham Market after 10 years in Kingston, Surrey.

I''m Pete, 25, and am part of the web team, and look after the PinkUn site as I''m the only one on the web team who knows anything about football...

Been here 3 years full-time (6 years if you count working in holidays whilst at uni).

Norwich born and bred, spent 3 years in Bristol at uni, one year in North Walsham for punishment, now living off Kett''s Hill.

First game was in 1990 and have been a season ticket holder in the Lower Barclay for 4 years.

Have met Kathy, City Angel and numerous others from here. Am good friends with Meeky and gazzathegreat, and went to Blyth Jex High School with Saint Canary.

I''m Duncan. Born in Norwich, grew up in Cromer, went to my first game at the age of 6 in 1976 with father and grandfather - think we played Arsenal.... got a season Ticket 1980 and started going to all away games aswell between 86-91. Moved to the Smoke in 93 and posted to Finland in 98 and have been based here in Helsinki since then. Re-joined the season ticket club in 2001 and got my seat right behind Worthy and the Boys! last season managed 10 home games and 1 away - long live Ryan Air!!!! 

My name is John, I am unwilling to expose my surname - as I''m wanted by the Gendarme, MI5, MI6, MI7, MI27, Scotland backyard, Midsomer Murders, 55 Degrees North, Dixon of Dock Green, Serpico, The Persuaders, Harry Callaghan ''ak'' (Clint Eastwood), The Anthill Mob, Police 5, Austin Powers, Crimewatch NR1, Abba, Keystone Kops, A Touch of Frost, Wycliffe and Dr Who to name a few!......

My crime? Swiping 2 hazelnut whirls'' from the "Pick & Mix" counter in Woolie''s. (I actually picked them up off the floor! and they were well trodden on and squashed!) Criminal Justice?! "PAH!"

Anyway, originally from the North East, father of 4 lads, 2 adult, 2 under 6, I''m a well travelled - ex long serving ''Brattish'' Serviceman, with a long suffering missus (but she tolerates me)..... Season ticket in the City Stand, "ZZZzzzzzz" I reside in Norwich, and my body is a temple......

I also think, that having a sense of humour, is an essential and mandatory requirement to grind your way through life! ;~)    

I''m Mark, I live in Shropshire and I''m an alcoholic...oh, sorry, wrong confessions board!!

I''m in my early 40''s, have been visiting Carrow Road since 1969 (introduced early by an father who didn''t realise what he was letting loose I think), with personal highlights undoubtedly being Milk Cup victory and a great night in Munich.

Moved to the west of the country about 12 years ago and had to give up season ticket then (young family, too far away etc) but now my youngest son is 12 and City mad we jumped back onto the season ticket trail when the new stand opened: it meant he could experience some vistories rather than being pleased with an away point all the time!

I spent 20 years working in the food industry principally in Sales & Marketing too a fairly senior level (Main Board Director of £600m t/o business) but gave it all up a year ago to follow the dream of being a full-time freelance photographer and writer/photojournalist. Hard graft to get the cash in from this line of work, but for me a lot less stress, more fun, and easier to manage my time to get to footie! Needless to say I don''t do very many weddings as they tend to be on Saturdays.

If anyone wants to book a photographer etc by all means visit my site www.marksissonphoto.co.uk - Norwich based sittings can be accomodated, as long as it''s a match day!

Scott Wilson, Season Ticket holder in the upper barclay, Fan since birth, mascot aged 8 vs Tottenham FA Cup 3rd Round replay, now residing in Attleborough after being exiled to Hertfordshire for 5 years.

I''ve used 3canaries for ages, taken funnily enough from England ''3 Lions'', and thought of one pre-season when I needed a name for my Telegraph Fantasy Football Team!

In(famous) for the posting of ''an Ipswich Town car seen at Carrow Road'', BUT it was 100% true, My Dad was working as a Contractor at the Flats being built at Carrow Road!, but yes it was up their with the player spotted at Asda, and Worthington at the Airport I know.

Al. 28. Account Director in Laaahndahn Taaahn.

Originally from Scotland, but lived in Thorpe St Andrews during my ''formative'' years. Season Ticket holder in the mighty Norwich Union Community Stand, where incidentally, they have a cracking selection of drinks, and very small queues to get them. Oh happy days. Shame about the bloody post in my line of vision. "Poooooost!!!!".

Ok Mr Wizard, it''s a fair cop!  Sorry for my tardiness.

Cambridge Canary from my home for the last 15 years but my name is Andrew and I am in my 50th year.  I moved to Attleborough aged 14 and saw my first game in early 1970.  In those crazy days, teams knocked out of the FA cup in the early rounds would play a friendly on the spare day during the later round.  Can you imagine that now?  Norwich played Stoke and I went to see Gordon Banks but Norwich won 2:1 and I was hooked.

I have failed to inspire any of my three sons to support the Canaries but my love remains as strong as ever.  I don''t get up as much as I would like but I''ve taken Hattrick membership to guarantee some tickets this season.

My all time favourite was the great Martin Peters but other dearly loved players are:

Duncan Forbes, Kenny Foggo, Phil Boyer, Mark Barham, Dave Stringer, Phil Hoadley (surely if not the ugliest then certainly the scariest looking Canary of modern times) Mick Channon, John Deehan, Dave Watson Kevin Drinkell whilst Tomas Helveg and Dean Aston are the current players whom I most admire.

OK the most easterly spell caster, it is a fair cop for me too.

My name is Ian, I am 34 years old, live in Thorpe Hamlet, Norwich, and I am season ticket holder in the Thorpe Wing of the City Stand(on the snake pit fringe, as opposed to the werthers originals/check blanket on the knees section)

I drink in the Mustard Pot pre and post match (excellent pub by the way), went to Southampton and Arsenal last year, but no other away games, and my user name, is a tribute to Mr Carey (well somebody had to!)

[quote]I see where you are comming from Jamie but i guess i like the place because its home and being away at Uni its nice to come back. However, i must also agree with your comments about the people, there ...[/quote]

Definitely agree with that!!!I''ve just come home to North Walsham for the summer as I''ve been at uni in Leicester, who would of thought I''d actually look forward to coming back to a place like North Walsham?!!!! - leicester must be bad!!! OTBC

Born in Norwich - 1951 - actively supported the club since 1959 and first game I saw was against Luton Town with my dad in 1962 - that Sandy Kennon was great as was Kevin Keelan! other names from that era such as Bill Punton, Joe Mullett, Terry Allcock, Gerry Mannion, Barry Butler and Dave Stringer bring back many good memories 

Although we moved away from Norfolk when I was two I have many happy memories of watching the Canaries over the years - even though now still exiled and living down in Kent we try to visit our beloved Norfolk as often as possible.

I just wish it was easier for us exiled fans to get tickets for a few games these days but I guess that shows how successful the club has become when you cannot get a ticket for the odd game or two.

Wife, son and daughter have joined me in my love of Norwich City FC and grandsons are well kitted out out with appropriate kit as they are shown the way!

Me?  Stephen, yet another lowly Norwich Unionite, late 30s, married 2 kids, one of who joins me in the lower barclay week in week out, soon to be joined by (short) younger brother (will you be able to see over Immy??) in the row behind us.

Joined the forum in Sept 03 after lurking for a few months and swayed by the better standard of debate (Wiz excepted - sometimes!) and understanding of football than is present on most discussion sites.  I use it to share my thoughts and am morethan happy to respond to arguments and fight my corner or (not that it happens very often:laugh admit when I am wrong

My passions, quality footballers, good coaching, NCFC, this web site and trying to reason for su keeping Worthy as a manager despite his obvious limitations

Keep on posting!

OTBC

[quote]Definitely agree with that!!!I''ve just come home to North Walsham for the summer as I''ve been at uni in Leicester, who would of thought I''d actually look forward to coming back to a place like North W...[/quote]

Cheers Katie, Good to know that someone else on the board likes North Walsham!!

[quote]Definitely agree with that!!!I''ve just come home to North Walsham for the summer as I''ve been at uni in Leicester, who would of thought I''d actually look forward to coming back to a place like North W...[/quote]

Though my two sojourns into Leicester have been brief, I would have to say yes, Katie. Yes it is bad.

Why are there so many people on here from North Walsham though??? Is there some kind of mafia thing going on here? Or a secret conspiracy to breed university students to then send around the country spreading their seed of knowledge, alcohol and NCFC????