Sign in to follow this  
Bill

renting out Carrow Road

With the vultures again circling round poorman road it could be that our impoverished neighbours might need a new home.

After speculation last year about Evans buying the ground from the council a local MP has now stated that he thinks the council should sell the ground. Which has meant that finally the implications have hit home to the rustic dimwits with the realisation that once the ground is owned by Evans he could swiftly turf out the paupers and as looked to redevelop the whole area.

Were that to happen where would they go ? Colchester would be the nearest and with a 10,000 capacity it might just suit the paupers as their crowds continue to dwindle, it is also appropriately located at Cuckoo farm.

If not, then it would have to be Carrow Road. Whilst we may not need the rent money some local pubs etc might welcome the extra income. However on the down site I''m not sure if it would help the pitch to have an extra 23 games played on it. Likewise it might not please City fans to have the paupers stinking out the place on a regular basis.

I would presume the paupers would use office space in ipswich whilst using some portakabins/potaloos located behind the South Stand for match day stuff - a true Portaloo Road.

How the ''mighty'' have fallen.

Great, now Tom Cavendish is on his way.

Going on about his schemes for peppercorn renting the UEA or relocating Carrow Road to the showground.

you missed out the bit about leasing out Carrow Road (itself) as Norwich''s third runway but buying it back so house students who would be working at Morrisons whilst living under the main stand whilst the players trained at the UEA and Colney became a park and ride for the university .... I think, or he may have had it the other way round,

I know it meant nobody would pay anything and everyone would make a profit