Sign in to follow this  
Not Nigel

The fixtures are massive this weekend....

Everton v Man City

Aston Villa v QPR

Southampton v Liverpool

Stoke v West Brom

Swansea v Arsenal

Man Utd v Reading

Sunderland v Norwich

Tottenham v Fulham

Chelsea v West Ham

Wigan v Newcastle

Could define the rest of the season, QPR v Villa and Wigan v Newcastle are the stand out games here.

A QPR defeat could effectively relegate them, a Newcastle win could leave Wigan in the deep crap

The point in this thread? I can''t decide which way I want the results to go here, our own game is one between two possible relegation candidates, a win for us would see us all but safe, but a defeat would bring Sunderland back into mid-table contention.

Is this the closest bottom half ever seen? Personally I''d like to see the following results, decided on the basis that I think we are going to steal a point at Sunderland, some are blatantly obvious:

Aston Villa v QPR - Draw (I want them both down and a Villa Win will see them start to pull away)

Southampton v Liverpool - Liverpool win (obviously)

Stoke v West Brom - West Brom win (if we draw we can move a point ahead)

Man Utd v Reading - Draw (odd one I know, but I want to keep Reading in the mix and it would pull three teams one point closer to Southampton)

Tottenham v Fulham - Spurs (if we get a draw we can move a point ahead)

Chelsea v West Ham - Chelsea (if we get a draw we can move a point ahead)

Wigan v Newcaslte - Draw (If Wigan get one point and all other results work out as desired, nobody on the bottom five gain on each other, plus a Newcastle win would put them within touching distance of safety).

If these outcomes were to work out as desired, and Norwich gained a point, we would see us maintaining our cushion whilst moving up the league and putting a cigarette paper between us and a couple of other teams:

Newcastle 34

Norwich 34

Fulham 33

Stoke 33

West Ham 33

Sunderland 31

Southampton 28

Aston Villa 28

Wigan 25

Reading 24

QPR 24

In the perfect world with the perfect results we could end up 12th despite only drawing, without a single relegation team gaining a point on us.

Actually scrap that, in the perfect world I''d have enough confidence in our team and tactics to see us as capable of going and getting three points at the Stadium of Light, in that world I wouldn''t give two shiny sh*tes about the teams below us because we''d be getting three points in a weekend where at least two below us will have to drop at least two points, but where a draw is our only realistic hope one has to be be creative with their optimism.

It feels strange wanting Reading to get a point at Old Trafford but I don''t want any out of QPR, Villa, Reading, and Southampton to have any cause for future optimism at all out of this weekend, especially if it means QPR moving off of bottom spot.

The worst case scenario would see us drop one space to 15th but end up with the teams in 16th and 17th just 2 and 3 points behind us, with the team in 18th just six points behind us, which with 8 or 9 games left isn''t a very nice place to be.

Glad to see the sky didn''t actually fall in after not winning that "must win game" last weekend.

The bottom of the Premier League is certainly more interesting and exciting than the top. Perhaps it really is the place to be.

"If these outcomes were to work out as desired"

outcomes, oh dear

since when have results been outcomes ?

You probably wouldn''t be saying that if we were actually at the bottom of the Premier League Nigel, at 14th we can''t be described as being anything other than lower mid table with the potential to be sucked into the bottom.

If we were where Wigan are right now you would probably be dreaming of the bliss of mid-table obscurity, which is probably where we will be as soon as we get our next win.

If that is the only thing that you could think of contributing City1st then perhaps you would have been better served not bothering to contribute at all.

"The bottom of the Premier League is certainly more interesting and exciting than the top. Perhaps it really is the place to be."

that sounds rather worryingly more like a social comment than a footballing one, young master nutty

"outcomes, oh dear

since when have results been outcomes ?"

Since when did the English language abandon capitalisation and introduce spaces before full stops?

I told him Zak, he said that he was too busy putting Hex''s on Nigel and City1st using the two young virgins that I gifted him last week. Cost me a fortune they did, had to get them imported from Eastern Europe.

Worth every penny though, with a bit of luck their fingers will be shriveling up and falling off any day now. Still, sure they will just buy one of those software programs which convert voice into type.

[quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="Zak Burger"]Send Wiz our regards SUCR. [:D][/quote]

Why don''t you actually comment on the thread?[/quote]For exactly the same reason that you didn''t.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]I told him Zak, he said that he was too busy putting Hex''s on Nigel and City1st using the two young virgins that I gifted him last week. Cost me a fortune they did, had to get them imported from Eastern Europe.[/quote]

Where''s Wiz gone?

He wouldn''t hex me. he wouldn''t even let me be on his list[:''(]

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="Zak Burger"]Send Wiz our regards SUCR. [:D][/quote]

Why don''t you actually comment on the thread?[/quote]For exactly the same reason that you didn''t.[/quote]

And that is?