Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

My Missus is always right!!

After the Arsenal game, I was not really looking forward to the Man U game, but out of the blue, my wife stated categorically that Norwich would win, which I laughed off.  After she was right, I have asked her prediction for every game since and without a word of a lie, she has predicted the right outcome.

For the last two games, mates have been phoning up to ask how we are going to get on and even placing bets on the back of it.

Her prediction for Sunday - we will be alright, although we may not win?

Trust me.....

Dicky, given your criticism of others input who are not attending games, I was curious as to some of your early posts after you joined the message board. Did your wife attend the games last season in order to accurately predict these outcomes or was she one of us non-attendees that are not "informed", but able to provide accurate input regardless? On the other hand, if she did attend the games and saw the same things as you saw which helped her to form her opinions, why then were you so ready to "laugh her off?''  

[quote]After the Arsenal game, I was not really looking forward to the Man U game, but out of the blue, my wife stated categorically that Norwich would win, which I laughed off. After she was right, I have ...[/quote]

Any chance of something a bit more solid than that Dicky?  It doesn''t take a clairvoyant to predict we might win but it will probably be a draw.

[quote]Dicky, given your criticism of others input who are not attending games, I was curious as to some of your early posts after you joined the message board. Did your wife attend the games last season in ...[/quote]

Because Yankee, tricky Dicky has such a high opinion of himself, that anyone daring to suggest something, which doesn''t fit in with his nice cosey concepts of logic........is laughed at.

You really must keep up mate. 

First Wizard and Yankee Canary eh? A while back they were regularly ripping each other to shreds on these boards.

Now they''re members of a cosy little Mutual Appreciation Society. Whatever next?

That''s a bit like the team might win, the team might lose, the team might draw - but it''s no-ones fault....

Ooops isn''t that Nobby''s thoughts on City - i,e it doesn''t really matter as long as you''re there....?!

Anyway I''m off down the bookies with this blinding tip!

Not quite what I said but thanks for trying.

Perhaps I should leap off St Andrews car park after another home draw - would free up a seat for the next person on the waiting list.

Perhaps I should spend all day posting messages to people I have never met and let it consume my life.  I only do it to waste time at work.

What happens if we don''t get promoted?  Do we all top ourselves or burn Worthy at the stake.  No we grit our teeth and have another go.

There is no end point to being a football supporter - you don''t achieve something and then pack it in like running the London Marathon.

The Premier wasn''t the holy grail for our supporting life.  Most of last season was quite miserable - but it whets the appetite for more.  Another moment like the win against Manchester United or the equaliser against Chelsea or the Deano header against Newcastle.  That is what we are in it for - fighting our norfolk corner against the glamour teams.

What made the European stuff so great was because we had never done it before and it was David vs Goliath stuff.  Manchster United fans don''t feel that when they turn up for another home champions league qualifier against the team that finished secon in Malta.

I would like to win every game but it doesn''t happen and apparently the rough and the smooth both have to be taken.  It''s is our hobby not our life.  It ain''t even our job.

Are we all going to promise to completely overact when we win a game.

[quote]After the Arsenal game, I was not really looking forward to the Man U game, but out of the blue, my wife stated categorically that Norwich would win, which I laughed off. After she was right, I have ...[/quote]

Was your missus wrong or did you not ask about City Dicky as you asked her for Sundays Prediction.

[quote]Not quite what I said but thanks for trying. Perhaps I should leap off St Andrews car park after another home draw - would free up a seat for the next person on the waiting list. Perhaps I should sp...[/quote]

Nobby, can I ask a question of you (and apologies for Dicky for taking this thread off at a tangent).

You say, "What happens if we don''t get promoted? Do we all top ourselves or burn Worthy at the stake. No we grit our teeth and have another go."

Would you consider that a step backwards for the club or do you not care?

Would you contend that we should, on paper at least, be in with a shout of being up near the top of the division come season''s end? If we''re not do you think the club under the current coaching staff is still moving forward?

See, personally, I want us to be progressing to the next level. None of this one season up, one season down stuff. I want us to be up there as a team solidifying it''s position in the top league in the country. We won''t be a Chelsea, Arsenal or Man U because simply we''re a provincial club. I don''t believe we could bring in the 60000+ crowds every week. But could City be a Charlton or a Bolton? Sure they can.

Do you think that also or do you just not care where City are as long as you can see them play and win the odd game or two?