Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Being a fan

Football is a rollercoaster. We''ve had amazing highs since Sept 2009 but these are not realistic all the time. When the rollercoaster ride gets a little rough we all have to hold on tight and keep calm. Throwing toys out of the pram isn''t the sensible option. Hold tight, keep calm through choppy waters and enjoy once through the tricky points. That''s the true long term test of a proper fan. Those that are not happy with a true footballing fan rollercoater should probably bail out at the nearest opportunity.

I, for one, will not be getting off this ride, no matter how choppy, testing it may come. I''m a fan.

There, I''ve said it. Thank you.

OTBC

it might even be worse than that

it could be a H&S problem

If you''re a supporter, its a life long thing.    I don''t understand those that say they won''t go to  matches anymore or won''t renew their season tickets.   You  might find it difficult to watch at times, but its all part of being a supporter.    You can only really appreciate the good times if you stick with it through the rough times.  

[quote user="Ha'' ya got a loight boy?"]If you''re a supporter, its a life long thing.    I don''t understand those that say they won''t go to  matches anymore or won''t renew their season tickets.   You  might find it difficult to watch at times, but its all part of being a supporter.    You can only really appreciate the good times if you stick with it through the rough times.  

How on earth are we in the rough times???? We are in the Prem, should comfortably survive another year, have a new, young manager who is building his team, have beaten Man U, Arsenal, Spurs etc, have the likes of Bassong, Turner, Snoddy, Ruddy.... I could go on. Talk about unrealistic expectations.

If you can''t enjoy being a Norwich fan at the moment, I would give up - this is as good as it gets. Thankfully, times like this shed some of the plastic fans.

[quote user="Dicky"] 

How on earth are we in the rough times???? We are in the Prem, should comfortably survive another year, have a new, young manager who is building his team, have beaten Man U, Arsenal, Spurs etc, have the likes of Bassong, Turner, Snoddy, Ruddy.... I could go on. Talk about unrealistic expectations.

If you can''t enjoy being a Norwich fan at the moment, I would give up - this is as good as it gets. Thankfully, times like this shed some of the plastic fans.[/quote]

If you are enjoying the lack of attacking play then good for you.   Its not pretty, and yes its a tough or rough watch at the moment, or whatever you want to call it.   I''m not being unrealistic, just saying that good or bad you stick with it. 

[quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"]If you''re a supporter, its a life long thing.    I don''t understand those that say they won''t go to  matches anymore or won''t renew their season tickets.   You  might find it difficult to watch at times, but its all part of being a supporter.    You can only really appreciate the good times if you stick with it through the rough times.  

[/quote]

Because they''re hard up maybe?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"]If you''re a supporter, its a life long thing.    I don''t understand those that say they won''t go to  matches anymore or won''t renew their season tickets.   You  might find it difficult to watch at times, but its all part of being a supporter.    You can only really appreciate the good times if you stick with it through the rough times.  

[/quote]

Because they''re hard up maybe?

[/quote]

Maybe, but that''s not my point,  its those who stop going because things aren''t going well on the pitch that I would question.   The support is needed more when things are going badly than when things are going well. 

Having been to many City games in the long years in the 2nd tier after relegation in the 90s, I''ve been to many games which were far worse (against a much lower standard of opposition) than what we''ve seen this season.

Many posters on this MB clearly enjoy whingeing about the team, and for them it''s obvously an important part of being a "fan".

["flecky76"]Football is a rollercoaster. We''ve had amazing highs since Sept 2009 but these are not realistic all the time. When the rollercoaster ride gets a little rough we all have to hold on tight and keep calm. Throwing toys out of the pram isn''t the sensible option. Hold tight, keep calm through choppy waters and enjoy once through the tricky points. That''s the true long term test of a proper fan. Those that are not happy with a true footballing fan rollercoater should probably bail out at the nearest opportunity. I, for one, will not be getting off this ride, no matter how choppy, testing it may come. I''m a fan. There, I''ve said it. Thank you. OTBC

Well said!

I agree that we are too negative and the football we play isn''t very pleasing on the eye but if we stay up which is all this seasons about then I won''t give a shiny sh*te!

[quote user="flecky76"]Football is a rollercoaster. We''ve had amazing highs since Sept 2009 but these are not realistic all the time. When the rollercoaster ride gets a little rough we all have to hold on tight and keep calm. Throwing toys out of the pram isn''t the sensible option. Hold tight, keep calm through choppy waters and enjoy once through the tricky points. That''s the true long term test of a proper fan. Those that are not happy with a true footballing fan rollercoater should probably bail out at the nearest opportunity.

I, for one, will not be getting off this ride, no matter how choppy, testing it may come. I''m a fan.

There, I''ve said it. Thank you.

OTBC[/quote]And the ghost of Lake District Canary looked down upon the Pink Un and smiled.

Problem is, people like to moan and whine etc.

I moan about things, you moan about things. Many of us on here moan about the people moaning about the football.

Yes its annoying when you see someone say we should sack Hughton, or Bradley Johnson is useless etc. But everyone is allowed an opinion, and moaning about them being negative, rather than arguing your own opinion on the matter at hand is (a lot) worse than the other person being negative.

The other problem is, as we all know the internet is full of ''trolls'' so its hard to take some posters seriously, and it gets annoying, and it also blurs the line between troll and negative. And everyone has the right to be negative.

All that really matters, is that you''re a Norwich City fan. Doesn''t matter wether you are from Norwich, live in Norwich, have ever lived in Norwich go to 0,1 or every game, wether you buy the replica shirts, sing OTBC, like the goal music, moan about BJs passing, moan about Holt''s attitude, love or hate Delia etc etc etc.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Problem is, people like to moan and whine etc.

I moan about things, you moan about things. Many of us on here moan about the people moaning about the football.

Yes its annoying when you see someone say we should sack Hughton, or Bradley Johnson is useless etc. But everyone is allowed an opinion, and moaning about them being negative, rather than arguing your own opinion on the matter at hand is (a lot) worse than the other person being negative.

The other problem is, as we all know the internet is full of ''trolls'' so its hard to take some posters seriously, and it gets annoying, and it also blurs the line between troll and negative. And everyone has the right to be negative.

All that really matters, is that you''re a Norwich City fan. Doesn''t matter wether you are from Norwich, live in Norwich, have ever lived in Norwich go to 0,1 or every game, wether you buy the replica shirts, sing OTBC, like the goal music, moan about BJs passing, moan about Holt''s attitude, love or hate Delia etc etc etc.[/quote]

Disagree - so-called fans that spend most of the time moaning and being negative are not real fans. FACT.

Thats not a fact, thats you''re opinion. And its probably wrong. To be negative you''d have to be attached to what you''re being negative about. I''m not going to moan about the weather in Russia because I don''t care about the weather in Russia. If I were to moan about our performance against Southampton, its because I care about NCFC and was disappointed/upset/whatever. Yes there are people on a wind up, but there are a lot of negative people, and its just in their nature. They are only being negative about certain things because they care.

fans also worry when they see something they care about not meeting their expectations - they want more for them, more than perhaps they can realistically achieve and those worries and concerns come out as frustrations whinges or suggestions about how things could be better.

extreme negativity is no more beneficial to the club than extreme positivity - and neithers view is right - its just right for them and thats perfect - but is makes them no more or less a fan wherever they sit on that scale.

How can somebody that constantly moans about the club, the players, the manager etc be classed as as good a supporter as somebody that, dare I say it, actually supports the club?

Only only the internet.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]fans also worry when they see something they care about not meeting their expectations - they want more for them, more than perhaps they can realistically achieve and those worries and concerns come out as frustrations whinges or suggestions about how things could be better.

extreme negativity is no more beneficial to the club than extreme positivity - and neithers view is right - its just right for them and thats perfect - but is makes them no more or less a fan wherever they sit on that scale.[/quote]

You''re right ZLF.  What a relief I''m neither extremely negative, nor extremely positive, but absolutely correct in my views at all times.  FACT.  sorry OPINION

My FACT comment was a David Brent style joke, just in case you didn''t get it....

[quote user="Dicky"]How can somebody that constantly moans about the club, the players, the manager etc be classed as as good a supporter as somebody that, dare I say it, actually supports the club?

Only only the internet.[/quote]

Who does constantly moan?

I''m not a moaner at all, if you read my posts you''ll know that, in fact I moan about people moaning. But when I hear the woman behind me moan about this and that all game, I get annoyed but I know it''s because she cares and worries about the club. She supports Norwich, watches every home game, loves the team, yet still moans. Once, she was seriously moaning when we were 4-0 up in a game.

Some people just do that with football, the moaners don''t get the blind optimists, it''s a two way street, some people are more pessimistic, some are more optimistic. Some on the Internet are just trolls.

Oh to be young and naive again GP - take it from me some people really do enjoy moaning and being negative. I know some City fans who are never happier than when were doing badly.....sad but true

[quote user="Norfolk''n Good"]Oh to be young and naive again GP - take it from me some people really do enjoy moaning and being negative. I know some City fans who are never happier than when were doing badly.....sad but true

Too many of them are on this website NnG. I know it''s ironic moaning about moaners, but wish people would just get behind the club and ENJOY being a Norwich fan - it''s not normally this good.

Now then it may be the copious amounts of Laphroiag but i tend to give a lot of leeway to these moaners. I would err on the side that they are older gents, old enough to remember a league where whilst the likes of Liverpool and Utd held greater sway, the rest of the league could complete.

This viewpoint that everything is great....we can turn into a Fulham or Stoke (perennially competing for mid table obscurity and boredom) is just the mindset of the PL and its BS is the be all and end all.

I personally know Utd season ticket holders (since mid 50s and from manchester!) that haev given up their Old Trafford seats to go and watch Northwich Victoria!!!

Football has for a very long time now lost its soul.

I am 100% in agreement with the "crazies" on here that i''d rather watch my side play the "Norwich" way than grind out dull 0-0 draws and stay in a hamster''s wheel of Premier League football.

However, i am also an optimist (not being from Norfolk! ;p) and really hope that next season CH changes our side''s approach to games (im not talking formations here) in order to just have a go. As so many so called fans have alluded to on here....we are bigger than the club''s PL status so let''s just have a go and play football as it whould be played.... after all if we do go down next season all of us true fans will still be here.....whether it be supporting the next C.Sutton or D.Nielsen....

OTBC

PS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQBa5Jfob3E

LOL

Miserable old gits[sn]

Us youngsters are where it''s at[H]

All fans aren''t supporters..

Fact[Y] or fiction[N]

Miserable old gits perhaps.....but perhaps its only because they can remember an age when we could compete.

Sad reality is that if the best we can put out in CM is Johnson/Tettey/Howson with a view to not getting beaten.....then surely we lose exactly what NCFC should represent.....good, passing football. I''m far from an old git but i do find it sad that modern football has become littered with athletes as opposed to footballers. Would the likes of Molby, Stoichkov, Chippy, Le Tissier, hell..... even Hoddle get into a modern day PL side? First elevens full of supercharged Carlton Palmers?!

I can understand the frustrations of people on this board....we weren''t so far away from Swansea of last year....now we are a complete shadow!

As for the rest of the shite on this MB, well..... perhaps there is a reason i have so few posts in God knows how many years!!

And no...it''s not because i''m a binner.

I come at it having watched all too many games over the past 20 years in the second tier division where the standard of football on both sides was pretty dire.  Since 1995 most of the time we''ve been mid-table in the second tier. 

The last 3 years have been exhilarating but I find it astounding that people can forget so quickly.  It''s not a choice of dull football in the Prem vs exciting football in the lower leagues - before the first two years under Lambert, we had many seasons with a lot of dull and poor quality football in the second tier.  This season with the increased money available next year it all about survival (just like it was in ''95 in hindsight with the Premier league getting going). If it takes some dull football this season, I don''t care and I''m willing to give Hughton more time to build the sort of team he wants.  Thus far he''s focused on the defence and it''s telling that he''s released/loaned out a lot of defensive players who played regularly last year, none of whom are now in the Prem.

As for Swansea - fair play to them, they''ve done well this year and are 7 points ahead of us.  I think this is almost all down to the signing of a striker who has turned out to be one of the top strikers in the league this year - without him I don''t see any reason why they''d be doing particularly better than us.  If it had been obvious how good a prospect he was, he''d have been snapped up by a bigger team.