Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

So, who's going to Sunderland ?

Just curious who''ll be making the trek ?  I remember one time being half-way there when the game was called off due to snow blocking the A19.  Also I remember when we secured promotion under Worthy despite losing there (was that the same year ?).

Not a ground where we''ve done well, last year was one of our worst (non-cup) performances under Lambert.  But who knows so I''ll be there again on Sunday.  For family reasons I''ll be starting out from Doncaster which I always feel ought to be just next door to Sunderland, whenever I look at the map I''m surprised at how much further it is.  And I only have to drive back down to Nottingham, so plenty of respect to the fans going from Norwich when it''s live on TV.

As an aside, when we were promoted under Worthy, I remember we were battling it out with WBA for the top two spots but there was a time when Sunderland (who''d been relegated from the Prem the previous year) were making up ground on both of us.  But as soon as you looked at the fixtures for the run in, it was obvious Sunderland were playing all the top end teams during their run-in so there was absolutely no threat in reality (and so it proved).  But I remember Alan Green on the Radio 5 phone-in (and this still irritates me as you may be able to tell) saying to a City fan "of course, Sunderland realistically will catch one of you [i.e. us and WBA]" and thinking "you''re just saying that because Sunderland were in the Prem last year and you know more about them, if you knew anything about the Div 1 run-in you wouldn''t think they had any chance of making second place.".  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  Rant over !

Unfortunately I can''t make it as i''m working. I went last season and it was utterly dismal as we were comprehensively outplayed. Making the trip to Wigan though where i''m hoping we effectively seal survival. Safe journey to everyone who''s going Sunday!

Me and the Mrs. Sadly she tends to be a bit of a Jonah - so chances of an away win just got slimmer.

Looks like we''ll be sat on our own!

I went last season, but decided not to go this time around. That and I''ve broken my left hand so couldn''t get myself up there anyways [:(] Oh well, I dare say I won''t be missing a whole lot.

No, Why travel hundreds of miles to see the team ripped apart, will be watching it from a bar stool, drinking nice ale and only a stone throw away from my house!!

Not me. Sunday 1.30 kick off makes it difficult. Either stupid o''clock set off Sunday morning, or an overnight stay (£), then a long drive home if you working Monday morning. I blame Sky.