Sign in to follow this  
Ha ya got a loight boy?

Last year's team and Snodgrass

Given that our forward play hasn''t been that great, how about sticking last year''s midfield and front men on the pitch and see what happens.Bennett Fox Johnson Pilkington           Hoolahan              Holt   .

Give Snodgrass a break.     He is good on his day, but is the balance of the team wrong when he is not on his game?We had no problem scoring last season so if you stick this year''s defence with last year''s attack then things should start to happen.   Simplistic, maybe but  it could work.

Snodgrass may benefit from a rest but i do think he has been one of our best plyers this season. pilkington is out for a couple of games. Fox is the wild card. I like Johnson and tetty in midfield but if either is out Howson has been playing and he doesnt do it for me so there  is an arguement for giving fox a go. bennett has not taken his chances when he has played but in fairness has often played out of position, it really is him or Snodgrass

I know it''s a squad game, but from the little I have seen of Fox and E Bennett, I would be happy not to see them again this season.

I know it''s all about opinion but I don''t think Bennett has had any impact to our teams when on the pitch, his best game was as rightback.

Fox offers nothing more than Howson, but less of about him as a holing midfielder. If you play Fox it has to be in a 4-2-1-2-1 system. I don''t think he''s good enough to push out the midfield we have, but injuries might give him his chance soon.

I think both Bennett and Fox''s days at City are numbered, along with Jackson. Both Jackson and Fox have been a big part of where we are and big thanks to them both, but time to move on in the summer.

If the squad is injury free I would agree that tettey and johnson are better than Fox and Pilks / snoddy significantly better than Bennett.    However both are good squad players for us.

Bennett is just not up to snodgrasses standard but if others are injured I will be happy for him to start.

Fox is an interesting one - when he partnered Howson against Luton both were poor - with Fox perhps marginally better.   Yet one has been allowed to be poor on several more occassions yet the other not had a start - Fox probably deserves one - but looks unlikely to get it. 

Neither howson nor Fox are up to a regular starter...

It''s hard to judge Fox on a few appearances in cup games with a weakened team around him. That shouldn''t be a basis for saying a player isn''t up to Premier League standard.

Last season he was up to it. He was key to us retaining possession in midfield and has the range of passing to launch counter attacks. Plus I think his set-piece deliveries are excellent.

If Tettey or Johnson are out injured, Fox is far better in the holding, deep lying playmaker role than Howson.

I don''t think his treatment has been fair and the few times he has been on the bench, I would have liked to see him replace a central midfield for the last 20 mins and see what he could do.

[quote user="hootenanny"]

It''s hard to judge Fox on a few appearances in cup games with a weakened team around him. That shouldn''t be a basis for saying a player isn''t up to Premier League standard.

Last season he was up to it. He was key to us retaining possession in midfield and has the range of passing to launch counter attacks. Plus I think his set-piece deliveries are excellent.

If Tettey or Johnson are out injured, Fox is far better in the holding, deep lying playmaker role than Howson.

I don''t think his treatment has been fair and the few times he has been on the bench, I would have liked to see him replace a central midfield for the last 20 mins and see what he could do.

[/quote]

You''re not Foxing wrong