Sign in to follow this  
STAN

TWITTER DRAMA

Pink un role model, got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Or upset that you''re chum is going on another self-imposed exile?

quote user="a1canary"]Perhaps people will accept now that the behaviour of keyboard warriors can and often does affect players directly.

I can''t believe that we have reached this position where, having been in League 1 a few short years ago and now finding ourselves on the verge of a third season in the premier league, of debt freedom, and a massive revenue boost... we have idiotic clueless clowns kicking up sh*t and potentially letting it all slip through our fingers. In the recent glory years, we were as strong as we were because we were united, club, fans, players.

Well done to a minority of fools who should never be Norwich fans, for screwing up that unity.[/quote

Well said A1.

I would hope that the likes of Holt wouldn''t take the odd  negative comment to heart, relying on the vast majority of positive feedback he/they must get.

I have said it before, that I do not understand how some people on here get through their daily lives. Their families must be going through hell. Even after all you say, they still pick something/anything that will show up a bad light. Why on earth do they bother? Some would say that youcan always improve, or that they are just being ''realistic'' and that (certain) statistics do not lie. Treating some of us as if we cannot string two thought processes together, for ourselves. It is embarrassing, and I have gone past the stage of pity, for one or two on here.

"Mr Francomb''s hash tag is also somewhat unacceptable. Despite what Ricky Gervias says."

Nobody listens to what I say! Sob!

Get over it people - Francomb should have been more careful in his choice of words but you can''t fault his sentiment everyone misses a penalty at some stage.

Let''s be honest we have all called friends, and vice versa, various insults when they have wound us up and I see this as being no worse than that

... and another thing at least by replying Holt shows he cares. As for some posters complaing about the use of Twitter I don''t remember too may moaning when Holt was using it to wind up Ipswich fans a couple of seasons ago.

Holt has the right to reply, Francomb is sticking up for his fellow pro and captain

And he''s right. Idiots like the tweeter deserve everything they get and then running to the school teacher (McNally) was just pathetic

"I think SYG is probably joking to be fair. Although I must admit Holt isn''t doing himself any favours "

SYG''s post would seem to provide a textbook illustration of Jerry Schwartz''s 1983 dictum :

8. Avoid sarcasm and facetious remarks.

Without the voice inflection and body language of personal communication these are easily misinterpreted. A sideways smile, :-), has become widely accepted on the net as an indication that "I''m only kidding". If you submit a satiric item without this symbol, no matter how obvious the satire is to you, do not be surprised if people take it seriously.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]If most tweets have the same standard of syntax and punctuation as our man in Carlisle, I''m glad I don''t use twitter. Twitter is for tw.ats.[/quote]

thats why i call it twatter

[/quote]Wow. How incredibly original [:|][;)][/quote]

Yeah I thought so. Oh wait, is that this new thing going about these days...what''s it called....sarcasm is it, yeah.

Are you on twatter? Actually what a stupid question, of course you are.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

quote user="a1canary"]Perhaps people will accept now that the behaviour of keyboard warriors can and often does affect players directly. I can''t believe that we have reached this position where, having been in League 1 a few short years ago and now finding ourselves on the verge of a third season in the premier league, of debt freedom, and a massive revenue boost... we have idiotic clueless clowns kicking up sh*t and potentially letting it all slip through our fingers. In the recent glory years, we were as strong as we were because we were united, club, fans, players. Well done to a minority of fools who should never be Norwich fans, for screwing up that unity.[/quote

Well said A1.

I would hope that the likes of Holt wouldn''t take the odd  negative comment to heart, relying on the vast majority of positive feedback he/they must get.

I have said it before, that I do not understand how some people on here get through their daily lives. Their families must be going through hell. Even after all you say, they still pick something/anything that will show up a bad light. Why on earth do they bother? Some would say that youcan always improve, or that they are just being ''realistic'' and that (certain) statistics do not lie. Treating some of us as if we cannot string two thought processes together, for ourselves. It is embarrassing, and I have gone past the stage of pity, for one or two on here.

[/quote]

Thanks. People forget that just because they kick a ball around on the TV and get paid a fortune for it, they''re immune to being insulted, goaded, wound up etc. They''re not, and social media can create the perception that more people than actually are have the view of a few morons, with predictable consequences for the mental state of the players.

[quote user="STAN"]

Think of the stick someone like Rooney gets, you''ll never see him arguing with fans..[/quote]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1388602/Wayne-Rooney-centre-Twitter-row-offering-fight-fan.html

I stand corrected Mr Angry haha!

It all fairness though it wasn''t aimed at a Man U fan and the tweet Rooney reacted to was a shocking one..

User ''sam-oldham-LFC'' told him: ''Rooney ya fat wh*re ill smash ya head in with a pitchin wedge an bury ya with a ballast fork ya fat ugly lil n*nse''.

[quote user="Xavid Fox"]As Club captain it''s totally unacceptable of Grant Holt to post them tweets.[/quote]

Surely you must mean ''those'' tweets ? Really ? Don''t you? Or as an Englishman ( presumption ) is it not unacceptable to post such poor grammar ?

[/quote

Thanks. People forget that just because they kick a ball around on the TV and get paid a fortune for it, they''re immune to being insulted, goaded, wound up etc. They''re not, and social media can create the perception that more people than actually are have the view of a few morons, with predictable consequences for the mental state of the players.

So do you find it acceptable in any walk of life to '' insult, goad and wind people up'' ???

Finally a player (Bassong) has Come out and said something positive, saying how happy and proud he is to be a part of this team.

That''s the type of player we need, not ones judging fans, everyone is welcome to an opinion

"not ones judging fans, everyone is welcome to an opinion"

oh dear

There''s a difference between judging someone and one having an opinion...

Oh dear

really ?

and what might that (or any) opinion be based upon ?

An opinion is expressed by a person to what they may feel is right

Judging someone is saying the other persons opinion is wrong and slating then for it.

Not to difficult is it

eh ?

what then decides "what they may feel is right " .... their judgement ?

Judging is the process, not the result of that process

To be honest, if you are enough of a muppet to troll players online and criticise them for the opposition keeper saving a penalty then you deserve what you get.

Sure, there should be an air of professionalism but at the same time people should respect that the players are not able to always respond as they would like to.

Barracking our players is not going to improve their confidence or willingness to play for the fans and do their best.

In this case our captain marvelous who fired us up through two divisions and to premiership safety. Should we stay up again this year, which is looking more and more likely (not less as some would have you believe), he will have played a part in another successful season - and one with a lot of transition and change.

It will be interesting to see how many players of the Championship promotion season will still be here. Lappin and Whitbread have gone, Ward as good as, C.Martin, Jackson and Tierney out of contract in the summer. It also looks like Fox, Smith and Barnet might be out of favour too.

That leaves what? R.Martin, Holt, Hoolahan and Surman off the top of my head.

Holt, captain fantastic, resolute warrior, leader inspired, misses a penalty for us and then gets slated. Sorry, but I am on his side.

I note how Bassong and Garrido use Twitter and I wonder why Grant Holt, with his profile, chooses to let people into his private life as he does. He clearly has his priorities right and loves his family but trolls are always looking for a persons target areas.

Just because it is your right doesn''t make it wise.

Its funny really. If i tweeted or facebooked something regarding work I could and would get a disciplinary ? Why is it no different for a footballer ?Yes, everyone has a right to use social mediabut its somewhat unproffesional and by using it you leave yourself openAny clubs out there ban thier players from using social media ? Tbh if i were a manager I would have a social media policy and make it pretty clear to my players that i did not want them tweeting about "work".

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I note how Bassong and Garrido use Twitter and I wonder why Grant Holt, with his profile, chooses to let people into his private life as he does. He clearly has his priorities right and loves his family but trolls are always looking for a persons target areas.

Just because it is your right doesn''t make it wise.[/quote]exactly