Sign in to follow this  
STAN

TWITTER DRAMA

Grant holt ‏@Grantholt31

Just in Carlisle with @Fay_heptonstall dropped kids off at school for first time today the love it now off for a coffee me thinks

knappers ‏@knapps82

@Grantholt31 leave the costa coffees alone and practise them penalties #costuspremierleague

Grant holt ‏@Grantholt31

@knapps82 let''s not forget who goals helped us get there and stay there-you clown also that''s the first one I have missed in the league fact

Grant holt ‏@Grantholt31

Makes me laugh so many Norwich fans saying I should practice pens or someone else should of took it sat 1 miss in the league since I arrived

Georgie Francomb @Francomb_28: Norwich fans moaning that grant holt cant even score a penalty!!! #mongs

Robert highe ‏@Robncfc88 “@Francomb_28: @Grantholt31 ''that grant holt cant even score a penalty!!!'' #mongs so @davidmcnally62 how is a tweet like this acceptable?

david mcnally ‏@davidmcnally62

@Robncfc88 clearly, it isn''t acceptable.

Oh dear!!

Mr Francomb''s hash tag is also somewhat unacceptable. Despite what Ricky Gervias says.

Is Knapps a ''real'' City fan?

How ''so many Norwich fans'' have actually commented to WFLGH about practising though? It sound like he has bitten on a wind up me thinks. If he had been out on the lash, he may get some stick, but a coffee!!

Come on Grant, don''t fall for it 

I''ve updated the final tweet from David McNally to what he should have said -

@Robncfc88 Stop being such a oversensitive tw@t and let me get on with my job.

We should all use appropriate language on twitter

Agree with the fact Holt is club captain, whether he''s only missed 1 penalty or not, that''s not how you deal with fans

You''d have thought by now he would have learnt not to reply to tweets from fans goading him, but guess thats too hard.

Anyway how many days off do these footballers get as I''m sure they usually have Wednesdays off ??

Holt''s an idiot behind the keyboard

In the summer declaring on twitter his will to leave and then deleting his account. Leaving thousands of Norwich fans in limbo.

In the January transfer window declaring on twitter he''d love to play for Celtic, because they''re a "massive club".

As club captain and as 3 times fans player of the year, both are unacceptable.

Players know what they are in for when they sign up. As premier league footballers if they can''t rise above it they shouldn''t be on there, simple.

Think of the stick someone like Rooney gets, you''ll never see him arguing with fans..

No problem with Holt''s tweets whatsoever. If fans want to send sarcastic/abusive posts trying to get a reaction, I don''t mind the players calling that particular fan a "clown" and then providing statistics to prove him wrong. If you don''t like it, don''t try and wind him up in the first place!

Francomb''s is less appropriate purely because of the hashtag and the fact that it seems to be aimed at a wider audience. The hashtag is not appropriate for a public figure on a public website and will probably offend a fair few people purely through its usage alone. Secondly, it is not directly aimed at a particular fan who is acting like a "clown".

If Norwich fans go on Twitter to abuse Holt and Co then I don''t have a problem with the players having little digs back - fans shouldn''t have a pop if they can''t take a reply. Obviously using offensive terms like Francombe isn''t wise and I''m sure McNally will have a word in his ear.

As for Holt''s Twitter use, as a former club media officer I would kindly ask him to refrain from talking about potential transfers etc, but as an adult he is entitled to say what he likes. Everyone talks of the merits of being able to connect with players easier due to social media; it just turns out that many players are complete tools. As they say, never meet your heroes.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Anyway how many days off do these footballers get as I''m sure they usually have Wednesdays off ??

[/quote]

At this point of the season first team regulars will train once or twice a week - to do otherwise will risk injuries.

I do also find some people on there incredibly sad - I don''t claim to have the most interesting social life ever, but I can think of far better things than trying to wind up a footballer and then going crying to the CEO of his club when he retaliates.

Just to clarify, the guy who complained to Mcnally isn''t the same guy winding up Holt..

Holt should just stay up in Carlisle

Lazy, money grabbing £$€¥

Why the **** does anyone bother with Twitter ? All it does is cause problems.I''m surprised that all professional football clubs haven''t got together and made it a rule that players can''t use Twitter to discuss club business. Of course there''d be the usual bleeding heart liberals wailing that a ban would be an infringement of human rights, blah, blah, blah but what purpose does it serve other than to stir things up ?This digitalia stuff is all very well but......

Thank you Mrs Miggins, it was a joke.

A little dig at the ''fans'' on Twitter.

Having said that I do feel he needs to up his game

Twitter is great for spreading serious info that is silenced from other channels, like child abuse cover-ups, but it is hideous when the plebs get hold of it to prattle on about penalities.However, it is totally unacceptable for fans to be called mongs.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]If most tweets have the same standard of syntax and punctuation as our man in Carlisle, I''m glad I don''t use twitter. Twitter is for tw.ats.[/quote]

thats why i call it twatter

Nothing at all wrong with Grant Holt''s twitter response. Unfortunately there is a growing minority who have turned against Grant Holt over recent month''s, I am guessing they are yet to reach pubity and only watch the highlights each week at best.

Perhaps people will accept now that the behaviour of keyboard warriors can and often does affect players directly.

I can''t believe that we have reached this position where, having been in League 1 a few short years ago and now finding ourselves on the verge of a third season in the premier league, of debt freedom, and a massive revenue boost... we have idiotic clueless clowns kicking up sh*t and potentially letting it all slip through our fingers. In the recent glory years, we were as strong as we were because we were united, club, fans, players.

Well done to a minority of fools who should never be Norwich fans, for screwing up that unity.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]If most tweets have the same standard of syntax and punctuation as our man in Carlisle, I''m glad I don''t use twitter. Twitter is for tw.ats.[/quote]

thats why i call it twatter

[/quote]Wow. How incredibly original [:|][;)]

Never mind what Holt was saying, what Francomb said was totally unacceptable.

For anyone who doesn''t know "mong" is a derogatory term used to describe disabled people

For anyone who doesn''t know "mong" is a derogatory term used to describe disabled people

Good patronising Cat. If you don''t know what patronising means, it means

"Treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority"