Sign in to follow this  
Gaz06

Predictions and final points tally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats everyones predictions for the final 9 games and where will we finish?

Think we will get 9 more points that will give us 42 and see us finish 13th

Sunderland v Norwich 0-0

Wigan v Norwich 1-0

Norwich v Swansea 2-0

Arsenal v Norwich 3-1

Norwich v Reading 1-1

Stoke v Norwich 1-0

Norwich v Aston Villa 1-1

Norwich v West Brom 2-1

Man City v Norwich 4-1

I don''t think I should contribute - threads have a habit of oddly disapearing. But, what the hay!

We will lose to Sunderland, Swansea, Arsenal, Villa and Citeh. We will draw the remainder. Four more points to add to our current tally and an anxious end to the season.

"38pts - 17th postion. "

Ah, the coveted 17th spot. The target for all doom mongers.

I''m sticking with 11th place.

44 points.  I predicted pre-season we would finish 14th, which is where we are now.  44 points could well put us 14th seeing as it''s so tight and we finished 12th with 47 last time round.  Regardless I think our home form is good enough to pick up a couple of decent results and we are surely due one more away win somewhere even if we lose the rest.

Sunderland 0-3 Norwich

Wigan 0-0 Norwich

Norwich 1-0 Swansea

Arsenal 0-0 Norwich

Norwich 3-1 Reading

Stoke 2-2 Norwich

Norwich 4-0 Villa

Norwich 1-0 WBA

Man.C 2-3 Norwich

54 points finishing 9th.

Easy.

I don''t know how many points we will get but to predict a win in amongst a bad run is just stupid. If we get in a bad run could lose next 9 but I don''t think our current form is poor just not scoring. If we can start scoring we will be safe our defence has been awesome.

Being pessimistic I predict 1 more win at home and a three or four draws = 6/7 more points = 39/40 points = narrow survival but safe by the final whistle against WBA.

Puts on tin hat - 37 points - a win against Reading and a point vs West Brom. Three way tie for the final relegation spot between Southampton, us and QPR decided on goal difference.

the 2 key games in our run in are Swansea and West Brom at home.....games which ar arguably the most difficult to predict.

Both teams are effectively ''on the beach'' from now until the remainder of the season ad could turn out to be two of the easiest matches of the season, which would give us +6 straight off. On the other hand a team under no pressure can be a dangerous opponent

We''ve lost 10 all season, and one in the last six, yet somehow we''re only going to pick up 4 or 5 points in the next 9?? No way, I think a minimum of 42, and I wouldn''t be surprised if we matched last seasons tally.

Many winnable games at home to teams with nothing to Play for or who will crumble under the pressure of relegation, our home form will comfortably see us home.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Puts on tin hat - 37 points - a win against Reading and a point vs West Brom. Three way tie for the final relegation spot between Southampton, us and QPR decided on goal difference.[/quote]

In that situation we''d be almost certain to go down as Saints and QPR''s goal difference would almost certanly improve after a good run, whch woulld be needed to catch us. And currently Saints have a better G.D and QPR are only three behind.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Yes I had noticed Lincoln - good job you''ve managed to find an extra point from somewhere![/quote]The only thing you forgot to mention is that neither Southampton nor QPR will get 37 points.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]We''ve lost 10 all season, and one in the last six, yet somehow we''re only going to pick up 4 or 5 points in the next 9?? No way, I think a minimum of 42, and I wouldn''t be surprised if we matched last seasons tally.

Many winnable games at home to teams with nothing to Play for or who will crumble under the pressure of relegation, our home form will comfortably see us home.[/quote]..and only 3 at home - to Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City

I''d go 42 points and 14th place.
I have no idea which 9 points those will be.  They won''t be at the Etihad, but we could win any of the others.

In my view, anything less than 39 is skinny and I would not be confident.

39 should just about be ok though a nervous last day with radios to our ears (or should than be fingers to our phones these days?) may well ensue.

So, 6 points should just about be ok, but 8 points should make things nice and comfortable. Unfortunately that sounds all too easy. I predict a very nervy day at the Etihad come May :(

Our safety will be mathematically guaranteed on Saturday May 4th at home to Aston Villa, there will be much fist pumping in the direction of the away bench, some fans might also enquire of their manager how they got on in the cup in a lyrical manner. Villas safety will not be determined that day unfortunately but will rest upon the result of their final match away to Wigan a game I predict will go to the home team.The rest I''m not really bothered by, we''re safe and I would like to see Villa go down.

I did the bbc predictor thing (which seems a bit dodgy, so the results might not be true):

I ended up with us finishing 13th on 40 pts

Relegated were: QPR, Reading and Southampton

Given that almost every time I attempt to predict a score I get it wrong chances are things won''t quite work out this way

I don''t see us being beaten at home, but I can''t see us winning away! Sunderland will be fighting for points and Wigan are playing good football right now.

Sunderland , 2-0 Loss

Wigan Athletic, 3-1 Loss

Swansea City, 2-2 Draw

Arsenal , 3-0 Loss

Reading, 2-1 Win

Stoke City, 1-1 Draw 

Aston Villa H, 1-1 Win  

West Brom H, 0-0 Draw

Manchester City, 2-2 Draw

That will be a total of 7 points put us on 40 and safe in 16th place.

Try again

Sunderland , 2-0 Loss

Wigan Athletic, 3-1 Loss

Swansea City, 2-2 Draw

Arsenal , 3-0 Loss

Reading, 2-1 Win

Stoke City, 1-1 Draw 

Aston Villa H, 1-1 Draw  

West Brom H, 0-0 Draw

Manchester City, 2-2 Draw

That will be a total of 8 points put us on 41 points and safe in 16th place.

Sunderland 2-0 Norwich

Wigan 1-1 Norwich

Norwich 1-2 Swansea

Arsenal 3-0 Norwich

Norwich 2-1 Reading

Stoke 1-0 Norwich

Norwich 1-1 Aston Villa

Norwich 1-3 West Brom

Man City 4-0 Norwich

My predictions would give us 5 more points. One win and two draws.

My Premier League predictor on the BBC website has us going down with Reading and Wigan. By my predictions we finish with 38 points, relegated by a point.

Bit optimistic but if we actually find the net again i have us on 44points and around about 14th.QPR. Reading and Wigan to go down...Sunderland clinging on by the skin of their teeth.