Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Prediction for today

Anything could happen. I think Sunderland will score at least 2 and i dobt we will respond with more than 1. I go for a Sunderland win by 2 or 3 and for them to go ahead of us on GD. Given their remaining fixtures which look on paper to be the hardest of the bottom 7 they really do need a good win as  im not surewhentheir next one will come

0-0 or 1-0 defeat. We rubbish away from home, rubbish on sky, rubbish on a Sunday, rubbish at stadium of light. Take a point today.

Can''t for the life of me see us scoring so we''ll do well to get a goaless draw at best. Realistically though I think Sunderland will score at least one so I can see nothing but a loss.If I had to put money on it I''d go 2-0 Sunderland although I fear it could be worse than that.

We will be extremely fortunate to come out of this with a point.

I would love to be wrong but I doubt it. 2-0 Sunderland.

1-0 down early on (Graham) but turning it round to win 3-2 to City, Bassong, Becchio and Kamara.  Fletcher with a consolation goal (which will be offside).  Holt will run for much of the match.

Our lack of goal scoring will really come round to bite us in the arse as the defence falls apart under a rabbid, determined Sunderland take the game straight to us. We''ll hold out for fifteen minutes before Danny Graham slots one past us, and we''ll all think of what could have been - as we come out of our danny graham day dream we''ll see it is in fact 2-0 now but this time it was Fletcher after Turner deflects it straight into his path. The game will slow down with Norwich having had little chances as they sulk off to the changing room. God knows what Chris Hughton will say to them at half time, but it won''t matter because they''ve already switched off.
The second half kicks off and Norwich have about five minutes of good attacking play, before ultimately succumbing to our lack of passing prowess. Hoolahan sees a brilliant and not so difficult pass to Grant Holt who is in the area, but he takes one touch too many and is dispossessed. Sunderland immediatly take advantage of the break and Danny Graham roars past Garrido and cuts into the box. A little one two later, and he has his second. Hughton is going mad on the touchline "PASS! PASS!" and this not so glorious refrain continues well into the 75th minute where upon he decides to make his first substitution. Becchio pats Holt on the back, better luck next time he says to the visibly exhausted Norwich captain. Becchio makes little impact, if any but down the other end Graham seals off the win on the 86th minute with his hattrick. Hughton on the touchline looks puzzled... he turns to trollop and asks if he has forgotten something. A moment later Bennet and Kamara are replacing Hoolahan and Snodgrass. The whistle blows on the 92nd minute. Some Norwich players clap towards the away fans, but they''ve already gone home.
4-0.

[quote user="Stig"]Our lack of goal scoring will really come round to bite us in the arse as the defence falls apart under a rabbid, determined Sunderland take the game straight to us. We''ll hold out for fifteen minutes before Danny Graham slots one past us, and we''ll all think of what could have been - as we come out of our danny graham day dream we''ll see it is in fact 2-0 now but this time it was Fletcher after Turner deflects it straight into his path. The game will slow down with Norwich having had little chances as they sulk off to the changing room. God knows what Chris Hughton will say to them at half time, but it won''t matter because they''ve already switched off.  The second half kicks off and Norwich have about five minutes of good attacking play, before ultimately succumbing to our lack of passing prowess. Hoolahan sees a brilliant and not so difficult pass to Grant Holt who is in the area, but he takes one touch too many and is dispossessed. Sunderland immediatly take advantage of the break and Danny Graham roars past Garrido and cuts into the box. A little one two later, and he has his second. Hughton is going mad on the touchline "PASS! PASS!" and this not so glorious refrain continues well into the 75th minute where upon he decides to make his first substitution. Becchio pats Holt on the back, better luck next time he says to the visibly exhausted Norwich captain. Becchio makes little impact, if any but down the other end Graham seals off the win on the 86th minute with his hattrick. Hughton on the touchline looks puzzled... he turns to trollop and asks if he has forgotten something. A moment later Bennet and Kamara are replacing Hoolahan and Snodgrass. The whistle blows on the 92nd minute. Some Norwich players clap towards the away fans, but they''ve already gone home.
4-0.
[/quote]

Meanwhile, in the real world............a dull uninspiring game from two out of form teams, both realising the importance of picking up at least one point today.   0-0.

Considering that we are the only team in a relegation scrap, I feel that our boys will be under immense pressure to perform. This will lead to many sloppy passes, tackles etc which will lead to the inevitable rugby score for the Mackems.

Or failing that a really dull draw.

we are unbeaten on tv this season and have not scored there in the last 4 visits - so its either a nailed on 0-0 to keep the series running or a 2-1 defeat to break it all.

dull but rewarding 0-0 for me followed by 24hrs of hand wringing angst on here

Just want a better performance

Sunderland have to view todays game as one of their more winnable" remaining".They therefore can''t afford to sit back, stifle the game and go for a draw like one or two teams we''ve played recently.As I said before the Everton game we tend to play better in the games where our opponents are prepared to look for a win. We can and will win this one 2 or even 3 - 1.

Sunderland have not been scoring very well, in fact not much better than us. (Have we scored the fewest in the Premiership?) So I do not expect a high scoring game.

I think that they have an edge, if only because of playing at home, and we can''t expect our defence to perform heroics every week. So Think that the score could be 1-0 or 2-0 to Sunderland. I will be (delighted and) surprised if we score at all.