Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

That result is up there with anything under our previous manager

Fantastic fight, spirit, work rate.  Yeah, not pretty, and yeah Sunderland were poor but we made them look worse.Pleased to see Bennett have a good game to give Pilkington some real competition too.Really proud of the team and manager this evening, I just hope Hughton, in his own dignified way, calls attention to the abysmal officiating that I think left us with one excellent point when we would otherwise have had three.

Can''t argue with any of that Mister Chops.  With a shade more quality from EBenno, we could have won it too.

Rubbish snoddy''s delivery for every set piece was exceptional my man of the match, eb is in their for his engine his lack of quality and composure shows why he is a squad player.

But congratulations goes to our manager inspiring our team, lets not forget two of our players put big decisions in the ref and linesmans hands.

Hughton deserves a great deal of praise and the group can be. In good spiritis, guessing camp will be a starter with bunn suspended now. But the group should feel very good, after a game where we have been robbed.

Last week holt missed a pen and today the ref has cruely had an effect on our game and possibly another 2 points.

There should be a good mentality that we will prove that whatever comes our way we will overcome, but the odd cheap penalty may help

but we don''t have many left. we need to get as many points as possible to finish as high as possible to get as much money as possible (possibly.)

it would be such a shame to play him on the left v wigan, have him be lackluster again and not win the game.

i''m talking of open play mate. his set piece delivery will be the same no matter what side he is playing on, obviously.

and benno should have the same engine playing on the left as he would the right. we have two right wingers. it makes sense to play the better of the two on the right if they are both as poor as eachother on the left.

[quote user="smooth"]Rubbish snoddy''s delivery for every set piece was exceptional my man of the match[/quote]
Yeah, but he wasn''t really involved in the game apart from his set-pieces. How many crosses did he put in from open play? How many times did he link up well with the midfield? 
He wasn''t bad, but it''s clear that he should either play on the right or just behind the striker.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]
He wasn''t bad, but it''s clear that he should either play on the right or just behind the striker.
[/quote]Quite difficult to draw any conclusions from this game.  E Bennett won the corner that we scored from for starters.  Then we played with ten men for 60 minutes.  Attacking players are never going to have much opportunity to shine.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"]
[/quote]Quite difficult to draw any conclusions from this game.  E Bennett won the corner that we scored from for starters.  Then we played with ten men for 60 minutes.  Attacking players are never going to have much opportunity to shine.[/quote]
He''ll probably play on the left against Wigan, so he has another chance to show us whether he can play on the left.
I think he''d rather play on the right, but he''ll do a job.

While Foy and Co were buttf....ing our side Hughton stood on the sidelines looking like a rabbit in headlights.

The first sub decision chose itself; after that, with his game-plan a distant memory Hughton and his coaches were all at sea.

Fortunately, we had a clear thinking and calm captain out there today who, as he did in the latter stages against Everton, took control of events and galvanised his team into a siege mentality.

Hughton cost us the win by taking off a perfectly fit Kei Kamara, ignoring a physically fit Becchio and bringing on Holt so he could actually get some physical exercise in this week. Captain Nando then proceeded to fluff the chances Kei had been waiting for.

The OP is well over the top with his summation; under Paul Lambert we had plenty of fine results although, I might add, fewer if any better defensive games with 10 men.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Is true, Snodgrass didn''t look great on the left, but can''t really draw conclusions after one game.[/quote]For some reason I find it very difficult to concentrate on what you''re saying. All I keep hearing is the number 2 ..... The total number of goals scored.... the number of chances that Holt had to win the game ..... The number of bad calls made by the ref to put Sunderland back in the game .... And I''m sure there''s more... but unfortunately I just can quite put my finger on them .....Man who stare at ... what was that again?

But all distractions aside, even though I was shocked by our inability to truly control the ball and the flow of play, the lads demonstrated exceptional mental strength to put aside the BS calls made by the ref and with 10 men, see out a very solid point, on the road.

I think any manager would have done the same to be honest Rudolph, Kamara was having to work hard on his own up there, ideally Hughton would perhaps like to have left it a little bit longer.

You are right in what you say the sub did chose itself (unfortunately for Wes who was pulling all the strings) but you have to give credit (difficult for you I know) to Hughton and his team for getting a result here today.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

While Foy and Co were buttf....ing our side Hughton stood on the sidelines looking like a rabbit in headlights.

The first sub decision chose itself; after that, with his game-plan a distant memory Hughton and his coaches were all at sea.

Fortunately, we had a clear thinking and calm captain out there today who, as he did in the latter stages against Everton, took control of events and galvanised his team into a siege mentality.

Hughton cost us the win by taking off a perfectly fit Kei Kamara, ignoring a physically fit Becchio and bringing on Holt so he could actually get some physical exercise in this week. Captain Nando then proceeded to fluff the chances Kei had been waiting for.

The OP is well over the top with his summation; under Paul Lambert we had plenty of fine results although, I might add, fewer if any better defensive games with 10 men.

[/quote]Cut Hughton some slack for goodness sake..If we play badly you blame him and if we do well you credit the players!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]I suspect Chris Foy and his assistants cost us the win, but you carry on blaming the manager for whatever bizarre agenda you have.

Hughton got a lot right today, Chops. But I have to wonder why it took him so long:

1). To bench Holt and take the Captaincy away from him.

2). To play pace up front or recognise we needed a striker with pace.

3). To play Benno on the right so we put in crosses from open play thus getting opposition defenders running back.

4). To not sit so deep (see item 2).

5). To have options to relieve pressure by passing into space (see item 2).

6). To play Wes centrally and give him a free remit as opposed to wide left.

Hughton is a slow learner, but he is learning it seems. He was unlucky with events but did set his side up well today.

He has been proven right to have brought in Bunn and Camp; his signings have been good and he deserves to take the Club forward, there.

The most frustrating thing for me is that up to the sending off, we looked far the better side, well organised and sharp on the break, very similar to Swansea away in the first half.

Credit to our players for the character shown and fighting for their Manager which is most re-assuring. We have shown many glimpses of this form at home, I hope this signifies more good stuff to come and is a signal that if we stay up Hoots will be more adventurous over a season.