Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Harry Can QPR still stay up ???

They had no chance when he arrivedThey have no chance now.Harry Houdini, myth exposed

Ricardo

I disagree, they had little chance when he arrived and that hasn''t changed too much.

I really wanted Lambert to go down but am starting to get over that. Villa or QPR , Harry or Paul ?

My biggest concern is they both blooming stay up

I''m very clear on wanting QPR down at any cost. More or less ambivalent about Lambert and just want the vile uber spending Rangers experiment to fail. Since the wealthy backers arrived – originally Ecclestone and co in Championship several years ago, the money spent and success achieved has been offensive. I liked Harry at Spurs but he''s gone to the dark side now and deserves to be relegated.

Next year looks like we''ll have Cardiff (Bluebirds or Red Dragons!) up, doubtless spending big, so Rangers down is one less club with a wealthy benefactor. Still by no means certain they''ll go down though, however bad it looks.

Here''s a little fact for you.....

QPR were 6 points away from 17th when Harry Redknapp arrived at the club.

QPR are 7 points away from 17th today.

12th, I too am big on QPR dropping. I think HR is a con artist who is being exposed yet again. The announcers on the radio were so excited when giving updates on the game. They would cuy away from the Arsenal game to give the play-by-play of the latest goal, and the Arsenal crew (including Darren Edie) seemed thrilled when QPR scored their goals, as did the guys who were covering the game. They all seemed less happy when QPR were scored on.

Thank God for satellite radio. I drove almost 700 miles today, and listening to the games and then the round up afterwards made it so much more tolerable, especially with HR losing.

I absolutely LOVE the stat about QPR being further from avoiding relegation now than they were when that clown signed on. Trashy ownership with trashy management.

QPR have spent beyond their means in a gamble to stay up. If it works, the pressure - from fans, from the media - will be on other clubs to do the same. And, since not every gamble can work, some of the clubs who are tempted so to do will go to the wall. That''s not good for football. It would be good for the game if they went down.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Here''s a little fact for you..... QPR were 6 points away from 17th when Harry Redknapp arrived at the club. QPR are 7 points away from 17th today.[/quote]

Anybody who knows anything about football will tell you QPR are going to stay up.

[/quote]

Its amazing how positive he can be on other boards, even about a team who was always gonna be relegated. Wiz, you''re a disgrace to Norwich!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Here''s a little fact for you.....

QPR were 6 points away from 17th when Harry Redknapp arrived at the club.

QPR are 7 points away from 17th today.[/quote]Anybody who knows anything about football will tell you QPR are going to stay up.

[/quote]Whereas I''ve been telling you since November that they are dead.Obviously I know nothing about football.

Reading are as good as down IMO they have lost form and the loss of their manager and remaining fixturesmakes ther task almost impossible. QPR have the same points but have some decent form. Looking at their remaining fixtures they have 5 where they could win.  Fulham A Wigan H, Stoke H Reading A Newcastle H. They need to win all 5 of these to stay up. They could but probably wont. It is to be hoped they take points off Wigan though as i see them as the main threat to our survival

I''ve said for a couple of weeks that QPR have a chance of staying up given the games they still had to play. Yesterday was a big defeat for Harrys lot. A win would have put them a single point behind villa and everyone would have been saying that villa are down.

if you look at their fixtures still remaining

Fulham (a), Wigan (h), Everton (a), Stoke (h), Reading(a), Arsenal (h), Newcastle (h), Liverpool (a)

they need at least 15 points (according to harry) to have a chance of staying up and that means 5 wins out of 9. Too much to ask for

Reading look doomed and changing their manager will not have helped. especially as they didn''t have an immediate replacement.

Unless wigan can win their games in hand (Man City and Newcastle) they will be joining them.

Ricardo,

Most seasons (including this one) you will be proved right when saying bottom in at the end of November means going down. in only two out of the last 15 seasons has the team bottom at the end of November stayed up (everton in 1997/98 and WBA in 2004/05).

but it''s all probability not certainty. teams have been known to go on long unbeaten/winning runs and make that great escape (both wigan and QPR last season).

and if it was certain we wouldn''t watch it would we?

I watched the first half of the Villa/QPR game and were it not for a string of excellent saves by Guzan, Villa could have been dead and buried by half time. But you know Lambert, he keeps his teams plugging away.All those teams in the bottom three now require the kind of consistency which they have not shown to date. Wigan usually revive around this time of year though, so that should keep a few teams above them on their toes.

Avoiding defeat yesterday and I think they had a great chance. They need 5 wins. Ain''t gonna happen. Shame. Well they blew it not sacking Hughes well before they did.

[quote user="spudgfsh"]Ricardo,

Most seasons (including this one) you will be proved right when saying bottom in at the end of November means going down. in only two out of the last 15 seasons has the team bottom at the end of November stayed up (everton in 1997/98 and WBA in 2004/05).

but it''s all probability not certainty. teams have been known to go on long unbeaten/winning runs and make that great escape (both wigan and QPR last season).

and if it was certain we wouldn''t watch it would we?[/quote]That''s not what I said.I said after 12 games the relegated teams would come from the then bottom 5. They were QPR, Reading, Villa, Southampton and Wigan. Guess who are still the bottom 5.I also said that we won''t be relegated.Anyone want to disagree?

Having clicked on Chops''s link, Google''s choice of advert seems particularly apt ;)http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m208/icecream_snow/wiz.jpg