Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Newcastle fan.........

I want a draw.

It isn''t the win that Wigan need, and it doesn''t put Newcastle in the clear and two points above us.

A wigan win would be better in my opinion. We''re not going down, and Wigan aren''t going to finish above us - Newcastle may.

Nooooooooo[:@]

I fail to see how a Wigan win would be good for us?[:^)]  They beat Everton, if they beat Newcastle it will put them on a high for their game at home to us next week!

[quote user="Stig"]A wigan win would be better in my opinion. We''re not going down, and Wigan aren''t going to finish above us - Newcastle may.[/quote]Four points behind if they win their two games in hand and playing us to boot. Three Wigan wins and we could be a single point off the relegation zone.They are 1-0 up today again Newcastle today by the way [;)]A lot of ifs, but Wigan have done these things a few times before.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]That should be a red card for Wigan![/quote]Awful tackle and due to the huge inconsistencies in refereeing standards not even a yellow card. If that had been us Foy would have sent the entire back four off and given them three penalties for a foul like that.

Wigan losing would be brilliant news for us. Anyone wanting a Wigan win is either deluded or on a wind up. Wigan have a great chance of catching us and the points total for survival seems to get higher with eaach passing week. Only a couple of weeks ago 35 points was demmed enough by some, It''s starting to look like 40 could still be touch and go. 42 might be the number and we''re 8 massive points away from that.

So come on Newcastle!

Cmon Newcastle, get the winner and leave them 3 clubs routed to the bottom.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Wigan score the scrappiest of scrappy goals. 2-1.[/quote]should have been disallowed for handball.

Aaaaaaaaand im a city fan again. Never mind, we will beat them in a couple of weeks anyway and at least its dragged sunderland into it. i really x100 want them to go down after today

seriously were the officials out on the beer last night or what. not just our game but how did they miss that hand ball in the build up to the Wigan goal. They have been a disgrace today.

Accurate refereeing in two games today might have seen us not lose Bunn, concede a penalty and be awarded a penalty in a game we were controlling until Foy got involved and might well have seen Wigan down to 10 in the first half and their 2nd goal disallowed.We''d quite likely have been 12 points above relegation today if the officials had done their jobs, but on the bright side this keeps Villa in the mix.