Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Squeaky bum time?

Incredibly we have gone up the 12th!! Yes we still need to be concerned but there are are a few other clubs that perhaps need to be more concerned than us. For us it is so important to avoid defeat to wigan. The result has kept our gap with Sunderland and on paper at least we are a better bet for points over thee next 3  games than they are

Odd day today, up 2 places in the league yet 2 points closer to relegation!.

Truth is there''ll be other clubs cusring that late Wigan winner more than us tonight......in the next round of games, Villa v Liverpool, Southampton v Chelsea, Sunderland v Man Utd.

we''ve only lost 1 in the last 7 and I''m confident we''ll get what we need from our remaining home matches alone.

....besides which I still want Villa down, its therefore a necessary evil that Wigan had to win somewhere along the line?!

I''ve just done the predictor thing on the Beeb.I was really negative about our results (a worst case scenario sort of thing..)I put us to get 2 points from the games v Vile and WBA and going into the final round of games we''re 3 clear of the drop...

There are plenty of sides who will, and should, be more concerned than us at the mo: Sunderland, for example, play Man U next, then away at Chelsea, then at Newcastle so could well be more into the mix within a couple of weeks.

Not that worried after today. Sunderland couldn''t beat ten men with twelve. They are the ones that should be scared.

We are good enough to stay up and will start heading up the table.