Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Bunn - the Secret of His Success?

Bunn has really cemented himself as a team fixture since we lost Ruddy, I never feel nervous for him, his kicking and positional sense is good and his number of clean sheets speak for themselves.

His reaction to his sending off today said a lot about the man for me; he was utterly livid. The player is superbly aggressive and determined, moe than any Norwich goalkeeper I can remember since Keelan. He keeps clean sheets because he is fired up to do so.

I like to see this kind of passion from our keeper, yes you need the Martin type clear heads but goalkeepers are supposed to be a bit mental and Bunn is an animal. When Ruddy comes back Bunny will not easily hand back the No.1 jersey and his recent form is partly a response to Camp coming in, and Camp did very well today too.

I bet Bunn is still spitting feathers. I though BJ was the psycho in the side but Bunn must run him close.

He is a superb keeper, I had my doubts when I first watched him against scunny... or was it doncaster? which ever came first. His developement should be hailed as something special, clearly our goalkeeping coaching staff is a class above. He''s certainly given Ruddy to think about and as you said, I can''t see him letting go of the number 1 jersey very easily at all. He could easily be mistaken for our first keeper had Ruddy not have looked so damn brilliant when he played.

Bunn is not awful, but to say he is filling me with confidence is an overstatement...

His reach is not good enough, epescially on low balls, and I would say high as well, due to his limited height (for a goalie).

I have infact more confidence in Camp.

[quote user="Herman "]How many times have you seen Camp play to come up with that conclusion?[/quote]

FOr NCFC, only the second half today, but plenty for other teams. I have probably seen him play more often than you, even though I live in Norway.

Yes, Camp is for me a better keeper than Bunn.

95% of you will not agree with me in this, just because Bunn is playing, and Camp is not, but for me, Camp gives me more confidence.

Bunn is a good keeper but I do have the concern over his heigh/reach - a couple of times he has been beaten when a taller guy might well have made the save. There''s not a lot he can do about it, though!

re: BJ comments - I did notice he came back out the dressing room with some dressing on his arm - did he punch some walls?!

Steer is more than capable to sit on the bench v Wigan, and reports suggest Ruddy may be back by then anyway.

Bunn has rightly won most fans over with his determination and sheer will to keep the ball out! He doesn''t have the advantage of Ruddy''s reach and frame but he has made up for it with his shot stopping in a number of games and he has improved his command of the box in the time he has been back there. Ruddy will have to earn his spot back, even if i expect him to do so ultimately.