Sign in to follow this  
Sing up the river end

Bunn suspension / Ruddy injury

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]I''m guessing Bunn is going to be in for a two game ban.Has anyone heard how Ruddy''s recovery is going ? ,any chance of him being fit as we don''t have a game until the 30th March.[/quote]

Hughton at the press conference said he was progressing well but had not yet started training with the team, but could do shortly.

Even if fit though he will not be match sharp. So even though we have a couple of weeks break I think Hoots would want to try him in a development game first. So whilst it would be great to see JR back in the starting line up he may need a bit longer to regain his form. At best he might make the bench.

Not sure how long Bunn''s ban might be. Hoping for only one game. Anyone know?

think its a 3 match ban, only 1 match when its two yellows

I might be wrong, I''ve been known to be wrong in the past...

Is there something about ''violent conduct'' resulting in a 3 match ban? Got a feeling it''ll be one match for Bunn but I too could easily be wrong.

This is a one match ban case...no dangerous or violent conduct ...same offence as Ruddy got sent off for against Chelsea at the start of last season

It would be a straight red one match band unless FA intervene and make it longer. I wouldn''t be surprised if we put in for an appeal though, extremely harsh sending off

PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (4) and (5)A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for denying a goal or

an obvious goalscoring opportunity by physical means or by handling the

ball, will be suspended automatically from all approved First Team

matches commencing forthwith, until such time as his Club''s First Team

has completed its next match in an approved Competition.

Nice one HooleyFan, I was sure i''d discussed this sort of thing before and it was the Ruddy incident I was thinking of. I too think we''ll appeal.

And to think of the anger on this board when we signed Bunn and the further controversy when we signed Camp..... These people have ended up with enough eggs on their faces this season to feed Africa......

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]I too think we''ll appeal.[/quote]I honestly hope we don''t. For me there''s little chance of winning - our case would probably be based on how ''deliberate'' it was which is open to so much interpretation. Plus there''s always the risk of it being deemed ''frivolous'' and the ban being extended. For the sake of one game I don''t think it''s worth it.

Have a feeling that we might see Ruddy back for the Wigan game, think Hughton hinted he''d start training with the team next week which gives him 2 weeks.