Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Holt Dropped...

Not a punishment but more a good tactical move IMO, Kamara to peg the defence back and run them ragged for 60 mins, Holt and/or Becchio to mop them up for the final 30. More effective use than the usual reverse of trying pace in the final minutes as I don''t think Holty has been tiring the defences enough for this tactic to be succesful this year. Sunderlands defence are pretty poor we need them playing deeper than they would if Holt started to create some space for Snoddy and Wesley to operate.

It was on the cards and I suppose I agree with it but I wouldn''t go as far as to say "completely deserved." He''s neither played the part nor looked the part just recently but he hasn''t been that bad and has had a lot of good moments. I''m not just talking about popping up for that winner against Everton either. 

I''m hoping this will encourage the boys to play a passing game on the ground, as supposed to route 1 for the entire match.

Granted Kamara is a good aerial target, but we can play balls into the channel and use his work rate to good effect. Holt also hassles the opposition, but Kamara has the pace to go with it.

From another angle, bringing Holt on towards the later stages of the game will be something defenses hate to see.

''From another angle, bringing Holt on towards the later stages of the game will be something defenses hate to see.''

Indeed. There is wonderful couple of photos from our Spurs Cup game, where in the first Bale is looking over his shoulder to see who is coming on as sub; the second shows his aguish when he realises it''s Holt. We could see at the Saints game that neither Holt nor Kamara can be at their best for the whole 90; I can entirely see the point of Hughton''s decision.

Right decision by Hughton.. if Kamara (and Becchio) hit it off together than we stick with them for the rest of the season....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]Never a good idea to be without GH.[/quote]it is when Holt clearly doesnt give a sh*t.[/quote]

Jas, you''re an idiot. Nobody works harder for the team.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]Never a good idea to be without GH.[/quote]it is when Holt clearly doesnt give a sh*t.[/quote]

Jas, you''re an idiot. Nobody works harder for the team.[/quote]I think calling someone an idiot is a bit harsh, and I''m not sure your point of view was supported by today''s events.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"]Never a good idea to be without GH.
[/quote]

it is when Holt clearly doesnt give a sh*t.
[/quote]

He wasn''t supporting the team from the bench. Just had a face that would turn milk sour because he wasn''t starting. However pee''d off he is about not starting he should be encouraging the lads in his role as captain.

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Not a punishment but more a good tactical move IMO, Kamara to peg the defence back and run them ragged for 60 mins, Holt and/or Becchio to mop them up for the final 30. More effective use than the usual reverse of trying pace in the final minutes as I don''t think Holty has been tiring the defences enough for this tactic to be succesful this year. Sunderlands defence are pretty poor we need them playing deeper than they would if Holt started to create some space for Snoddy and Wesley to operate.[/quote]

Agree with that Zak, good tactical decision by the manager to use Kamara`s pace against a pretty poor and slow Sunderland defense.