Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Official Unofficial Sunderland match thread!

It certainly feels that way Yoda, the amount of penalties we should and could have had, the amount of players that have somehow escaped a second booking. The footballing gods hate us, but we did create our own problem there

[quote user="technika"]fellas take off the yellow tinted glasses, if that has been down the other end you would be screaming for a red, it came off his lower arm

bunn screwed up big time

the good news is that sunderland look pretty 5h1te and the crowd are quiet and on their back. Heres hoping city have the legs to see out the rest of the game with ten[/quote]

Bunn!? He had to come out. It was turners fault for such an awfull header.

Jesus fucking christ.

Robbed. Absolutely robbed.

Just when you thought it couldn''t get any worse. Penalty, Snodgrass booked, goal. F''in linesman is f''in blind !!!!!

[quote user="QHcanary"]It hit his elbow from what I saw. Definite red, sadly.

He could have gone with his head, or his chest with his arms out of the way.

None of that excuses the mistake by turner though. Awful![/quote]Officials correct.Unfortunately the ball hit his elbow.

Still got a point to battle for, but the lads must feel absolutely deflated

Talk about self-destruction. All of our our doing. Two routine defensive clearances completed screwed up.

Scooby, to be fair it DOES hit is arm, but after it bounces off his chest, not intention to actually control the ball with his arm - never a penalty

From the replays what I don''t get is the time it takes the linesman to think about making the decision - if it was handball there''s no decision to make, his flag should have been straight up. It''s like he almost judged it from Bassongs reaction rather than anything else

It rolled off his chest on to his arm so the linesman did see him handle the ball, but I don''t really see any intent there, so it''s a bit harsh I think.

Our two centre-halves have each made an error of judgement unfortunately and we get punished in the harshest possible way.

"Hughton go and visit the refs room at half time.. it works for Fergie!"

If he does that will be interesting. The worst type of rage is from a calm man...

Bassongs on a yellow card and is visibly getting wound up...i''d get Ryan Bennett warmed up.. cant afford another red.

"Injured Norwich winger Antony Pilkington: Yes it''s handball but surely [the Sunderland player] is interfering and has to be offside! Officials must have had a bad Cheltenham Festival! Fuming."