Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Official Unofficial Sunderland match thread!

Both decisions were WRONG! Bloody anti Norwich brigade saying "Oooooh the ref was soooo right". Well f**k off and watch something else.

set peices are our best route to victory in this game... Delivery from corners has been superb all game. need to soak up as much as we can and counter attack.

I commend the Norwich players for keeping their heads. If I was on that pitch I''d have hacked a few people (probably the ref and linesman) down by now!

We have to play smart. Snodgrass and Bennett must head for the corners and try and win us a corner or two. I think a set piece is our only chance to nick a win.

[quote user="ricardo"]Another game not decided by the players on the pitch.2 awful decisions.[/quote]Tin hat on Ricardo but can''t agree they were awful decisions. Very borderline yes but we''d be saying nailed on if they were Sunderland players.Would bite an arm off for a point right now of course......

i used to go along with the adage that poor decisions even themselves out over a season, but we are currently owed a shedload - and we''ve not even caught up for some of the shitty ones from last season yet.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I think the penalty was fair enough. 

I think the red card was a decision of monumental stupidity, and that was before I heard Graham may have been offside in the build-up (though clearly not from Turner''s header).

ON a more passionate and less well thought out note, I think Chris Foy is a c*nt.

[/quote]

graham cant have been offside as it came off turners head.

Wasnt deliberate handball so Bunn should have stayed on pitch

as for the pen, fletcher was offside and that should have been given and even after that agin it wasnt deliberate handball so no pen

[quote user="Bagpuss"]To be fair to Ed Chamberlain I think he was offering the alternative viewpoint to Cole & Yorke so as to develop the argument.[/quote]

no he wasnt...he was being a dick

Having the pace of Kamara and Benno could make a huge difference in keeping Sunderland at arm''s length.

Sadly, Branston, I think it''s what goes with being a lower half prem side

It''s official. Benno is having a mare. On the bright side, Howson is doing ok and the Horse is now in the field.

Saw this clown Foy do exactly the same for QPR against Chelsea last season.

Handed QPR the game on a plate

If fact some QPR fans voted for him as their player of the season

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Bagpuss"]To be fair to Ed Chamberlain I think he was offering the alternative viewpoint to Cole & Yorke so as to develop the argument.[/quote]

no he wasnt...he was being a dick

[/quote]

Grow up. His job is to debate the issues. Football punditry would die a death if they all just sat there agreeing with each other.

I think Foy is entitled to make the decision against bunn by virtue of how he''s come out with his arms raised. If he makes the effort to keep his arms away from the ball it''s s different matter.

If mignolet had done that we''d all be screaming for a red card.

The penalty was incorrect IMO. There was no movement of the arm to the ball, and he consciously goes for the ball with his chest. It''s not that different to miscontrolling a ball with your feet and it pops up and strikes your hand. No intent, no arms raised. No penalty.

*tin hat on* I''d actually have bought Jackson on for Kamara, Sunderlands defenders are blowing out of their backsides chasing a quick striker. Holt will allow them a breather as not as mobile.

Kei doing OKay, but not fully fit - and Holt is more likely to hold the ball up, win us some set pieces and that. Not a bad sub in my view

Clear shirt pulling on Benno missed by the linesman -

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]At least some sexy girl called Nicole wants to chat with me apparently[Y][/quote]

She''s putting it about a bit this afternoon.

I turned her down earlier but she must be a better bet than being screwed by Chris Foy.