Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Official Unofficial Sunderland match thread!

Pilks has made an interesting intervention on twitter, was the player alongside Bassong (was it Graham) actually offside when the ball was played through anyway, and therefore interfering with play?

You would never get a penalty from a ball hitting you that close....so why a red? It wasn''t intentional in anyway even tho turner was at fault....as for the penalty how many times has the opposition done that against us and weve got nothing this season?

An absolute vital game for Norwich and once again it''s all about the referee but I look forward to the day we get to play 10 men and get given a pen in the same game .

Bassong limping not a great sign either

This is why video replays are needed, goal-line technology just isn''t enough

I can''t even begin to imagine the anger in the City dressing room right now!

He''s been paid off by Sunderland! I can''t believe this is allowed to happen. I''m 100% certain of it, this is disgusting! People pay so much money to go to these games and it gets ruined by some greedy little shit. The players should have walked off after that penalty and refused to play

Seen it again, definitely offside for the penalty decision, ludicrous

Holt''s influence on the pitch overall is much needed now.

Sorry Kei, but you''ve done well and done your bit.

despite the anger Asdfghjkl;''#, if we walk off it gets recorded as a 3-0 loss

whos the idiot presenter on Sky?Cole and Yorke have both said several times it didn''t hit Bunn''s arm and he''s still asking them if it did!

[quote user="AJ"]despite the anger Asdfghjkl;''#, if we walk off it gets recorded as a 3-0 loss[/quote]

We''re going to lose anyway. At least that would send a message this this isn''t acceptable. Nobody could be this bias by accident

My slide-show of a stream is too indistinct to tell, but the commentators (Efan & A n Other) seem certain both decisions were wrong.

I think the penalty was fair enough.  I think the red card was a decision of monumental stupidity, and that was before I heard Graham may have been offside in the build-up (though clearly not from Turner''s header).ON a more passionate and less well thought out note, I think Chris Foy is a c*nt.

And they''ve gotten every other small decision. Sunderland being allowed 20 minutes to line up a free kick while the ref basks in the view of the sky cameras. The 5 man Sunderland scrum around Bunn was also fine as well...

Bunn handball debateable but def not sending off.. As already said Graham was a few yards offside so Bassong should have been able to catch the ball as linesman should have given us the offside.

Worse thing is at 1-0 up we had the game under total control

Lets hope we come out with some passion and give it a go, but its going to be a tough ask

I''m keeping everything crossed now for a Newcastle win.  A Wigan victory would probably only see us 6 points above the relegation zone and Wigan would have a game in hand.[:S]  Need the bottom 3 to get tailed off.

Toon Army!

B Johnson comes back out with strapping on his arm, did the dressing room wall get punched?

As a goalkeeper, one would argue denying a clear goal scoring opportunity is his JOB!