Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Official Unofficial Sunderland match thread!

Holt out, Hoolahan in!

Bunn, Martin, Turner, Bassong, Garrido, Howson, Johnson, Bennett, Hoolahan, Snodgrass, Kamara

Subs: Camp, Whittaker, R.Bennett, Fox, Jackson, Holt, Becchio

Imo that is not a bad starting XI, we have far more pace with Kei in the side for the counter-attack, and Holt to come off the bench.

Holt often had spots from the bench under Lambert so hopefully this won''t be used as a stick to beat CH with (but I doubt it).

Based upon last week''s showing I''d say Howson was the weak link.

Based upon last season''s efforts I would be happier enough for him to be there. Was Stephen Whittaker''s inclusion too much of a risk for the Hoots then? Not for me.

Can''t criticise Hughton for this, infact he has finally shown some bottle.

I wonder how much training with the first team Holt got in this week? Likewise, whatever some people think of Kamara the guy has clearly come here full of commitment and has earned himself a start ahead of Holt and Becchio.

Holt has suffered through a lack of competition/fighting for his place this season. This might do him some good; hopefully he''ll come off the bench and score.

I''m a big Russell Martin fan so feel a little aggreived that he and Whittaker should be fighting for one spot when we need both in the side.

Good luck, Kei. Light up the Odeons of Sierra Leone. Time for a good game, Howson, show some confidence! Let''s smash and grab three points! On The Ball City!

I''m fairly happy with that lineup, think in my team for today I had Becchio upfront and Fox instead of Howson but we have plenty of options on the bench to change things if need be. Brave decision of Hughton to drop Holt, glad that he did that as he was looking a bit tired in the last game.

good to be back to 451 and based on last weeks performance kei was the better bet than grant to start. Hope wes is in the middle dictating rather than on the left and bennett in the middle - cant afford to waste wes our wide - far too influential

Howson needs to perform or whittaker should start - howsons form is weaker than grants at the mo and whittaker is as good a replacement as kei is for grant. Cant wait for tettey to get back though - we will miss him and pilkington a lot today.

Fingers crossed bennett has a good game.

COYY!

I bet danny Graham scores today. Hasn''t scored for Sunderland yet. Likes scoring against us for Watford and Sunderland.

Really nervous about this one I just want us to get another 5 or 6 points sooner rather than later so we can stop worrying but that wouldn''t be Norwich would it ?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Howson and BJ together again. FFS midfield no show again.

To sunderland

3 points

With love,

Chris Hughton xxx[/quote]dont agree re Johnson. he can get a foot in.. Why we stick with Howson only god knows!

First few minutes show Sunderland look as scared of making mistakes as we do.  Must be a barrel of laughs playing at home in that atmosphere.

Quite open so far.  Both teams trying to impose themselves.Kamara will have a lot of responsibility to get on the ball and link play with Wes.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Why does Snodgrass keep telling someone to F*** off, and who is he speaking to?[/quote]been watching Snodgrass the last few games.. Hell of a player but i don''t think he is on the ball brain wise if that makes sense...End to end first few mins. i reckon 3-1 to Norwich.

Surprised to see Kamara start, not undeserved but surely Becchio would have been the more experienced option. I''d have left Kamara to bring on off the bench and switch to 2 up top later in the game

Sunderland seem weak at right Back.. Snoddy having a lot of Joy.22 minutes and the commentator has mentioned Howson 3 times.... he must have touched the ball more!