Sign in to follow this  
ARCHIEGEMMELL

It's Time To Embrace One Relegation

Having viewed todays game from the comfort of my armchair and witnessed my beloved teams demise at the hands of  poor officials...one thing became apparent very late on. How do you quantify Grant Holt''s attributes to the cause?  In my opinion he lacks the technical ability at this level to be a real threat...but you can overcome this with shear determination and enthusiasm. Unfortunately this season for himself and the team he is also lacking in this department as well.  He seems very lacklustre and almost immobile...due to his poor fitness and conditioning. To me...he looks about two stone overweight. I can''t believe that someone who has been in essence handed an olive branch and been given this golden opportunity of playing Premiership football and a contract to boot can turn up to games so out of shape! It''s not too disimilar from a world class sprinter or swimmer turning up to the qualifying trials so out of shape with no preseason training and having aspirations of going to the Olympics!   I believe he now has delusions of grandeur probably from frequenting sites like this one and getting sucked into all this hype about how good he is and how much he does for the team...oh really!! It wasn''t evident today!  I think Hughton now has to start thinking outside of the box and building a team away from this waste of space... relegating him to the reserves, if not to curb his ego for the opportunity for him to work on his fitness!  For the remaining games I would look at team selection around Kamara,Becchio and Jackson. Everyone questions the ability of the latter but two things you can''t question are his professionalism and fitness!

It was only two weeks ago that he was the guy in the right place to get us the 3 points against Everton.

For me he doesn''t look any different physically to how he did 2 years ago. He still did a decent job when he came on today, won a few freekicks and put himself about. He certainly doesn''t have the pace or aerial prowess that a fresh Kamara has shown but I think it''s a little too early to write the guy off yet.

And considering how much the guy has achieved for this Club I think the OP is showing a bit of a lack of respect. We might still be in League One but for The Horse.

you''re right in that he may be off the pace a little, but what do you expect! Walcotts pace, Tevez''s work rate and Messi''s skill?

Please, we got him for less than half a million and what he has done for this club including this season has been nothing short of miraculous! You try find a player who has had such a big impact at a club, (maybe Ricky Lambert who is pretty much Holt minus 1 year).

The fact is, he''s the wrong side of 30 and with us being a side likely to be going into our third premiership season, it is about time we looked for a new main man to bang the goals in, but to villify him and suggest he rots in the reserves is utter rubbish!

Maybe he will be a bit part player next season, or have a quicker more dynamic striker to hassle defenders with next season, but he is still a vital player for us, both on the pitch and in the dressing room. Enjoy him, because we''ll miss him when he''s gone.

There''s no doubt he''s been off the boil this season - and I think Lambert leaving and the entire summer debacle has something to do with that. Obviously playing a different system under Hughton and he''s done OKay, but clearly hasn''t scored enough goals.

That said, he DOES do a lot for the team, and brings a lot of players into the game. Off the pitch he''s also a big presence in the dressing room, and one of our most experienced and established players here. Whether he''ll play as much next season is a different matter, but as a leader and our club captain, I''m pretty sure, unless something radical happens, he''ll still be here.

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]probably from frequenting sites like this one and getting sucked in[/quote]

By the look of these replies he''s not the only one....

[quote user="ron obvious"]Could somebody explain the title of this thread please?[/quote]I think the OP is a Mormonist or a Muslimist and misspelled religion...