Sign in to follow this  
unique

Elliott Bennett

Shooting aside, I think young Bennett acquitted himself very well today. His crossing of the ball contributed to our success last season, and he showed today what we have often been lacking this season.He also adds pace to a side that displays very little.

He looks like a player that would only improve with a decent run in the team, although I must admit Snodgrass was far more ineffective on the left side.

It does seem that both EB & Howson have improved with game time.

Actually I''m beginning to wonder if this one of the major problems with Hughton''s approach. He sticks with the same players & is very reluctant to rotate the squad, so when the back-ups come in they are rusty & aren''t on the same wavelength as the rest of the team.

But it''s a real problem for him. There''s simply no time to adjust - while new players are adapting, the team performance drops - so he only makes enforced changes.

I think Lambert thought the whole squad was at a similar level, so was quite happy to rotate & mix things up. Not surprising really, because the squad had been built up over a few seasons, & they all pretty well knew what was expected of them.

Once again, I think we need to give Hughton time to build his own squad. Only then can we really judge him.

Thought he did pretty well today. Not easy when you haven''t been playing games - something often overlooked by some fans.

Couple of errors of judgement but that could probably just be put down by him being desperate to impress.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Benno has been available all season and has been underplayed IMO.[/quote]

He''s had the player of the season (arguably) justifiably playing in his place.

And tbf in the limited chances he has had, he hasn''t really set the world on fire.

Much better today though. More like the Benno of last year

Did very, very well down the right side, put in some great crosses before the red card. Afterwards played very well defensively and broke forward a lot to try and support Kamara, as did Snoddy on the opposite side.

I''d play them on the same wings next time out too

[quote user="AJ"]Did very, very well down the right side, put in some great crosses before the red card. Afterwards played very well defensively and broke forward a lot to try and support Kamara, as did Snoddy on the opposite side. I''d play them on the same wings next time out too[/quote]

Wouldn''t be surprised if that happened again. Shame we didn''t get to see them for 90mins with a full 11 players on the pitch. Could have been destructive. Hopefully we can go same again against Wigan and get at them early. Get Kamara and Hools to really pressure Wigan''s back 3 as well as Snoddy and Benno. Wigan struggle defensively as they play 3-4-3 essentially so pace would be very good against them. Fingers crossed our players come back from the break injury-free and ready to go

Exactly York, and I believe we would have won comfortably had we kept all 11 men - we were really worrying them before and after scoring the goal. It was a massive shame to lose that momentum - that said, we still played well. I''d like to see us go at Wigan, definitely looked a lot more attacking yesterday than we have in previous weeks

Probably a lack of match fitness but I thought he started brightly and faded badly in the second half. He gave the ball away cheaply 3 or 4 times in a row and put us under pressure. Don''t think he''ll want to see the replay of that free kick for a while.