Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

John Ruddy.

Looks like now Ben Foster is back in the England Setup Ruddy will be over looked again when he''s fit, Unless  Hodgson  drops  Hart, can we see this happening,? Doubt it

When Ruddy is back to playing like he was, Hodgson would have no choice, Ruddy would have to be in the squad. He was the best GK in the league while he was fit.

Ben Foster doesn''t want to be involved with England for a year or two but then decides he wants back in in the build up to a World Cup.

I wouldn''t have him back.

Ruddy has to earn his place again, but I''ve no doubt next season he will do just that - which is good for us too!

"Looks like now Ben Foster is back in the England Setup Ruddy will be over looked again when he''s fit, Unless Hodgson drops Hart, can we see this happening,? Doubt it"

Can you attempt to explain how and why it is that you have reached this conclusion? Because this makes zero sense to me.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]"Looks like now Ben Foster is back in the England Setup Ruddy will be over looked again when he''s fit, Unless Hodgson drops Hart, can we see this happening,? Doubt it" Can you attempt to explain how and why it is that you have reached this conclusion? Because this makes zero sense to me.[/quote]

Well Hodgson believes the sun shines out of Foster''s backside, he wanted him to stay last season and also being his former club boss too might just be the upper hand for Foster thats all

With Bunn playing so well how would others on here feel about the prospect ofRuddy leaving should one of the big boys show practical interest? There have been rumours relating to this after all (Liverpool I seem to recall.)

As a full England international Big J would command a sizeable fee and remember DeGea cost Manure £18m. Good ''keepers are the tops these days.

I would shudder at us becoming a selling club again, especially as we won''t need the money like we did in the constant past, but this would tempt because of the other factors which would accumulate:

The player would have his head turned by bigger wages.

The player would have his head turned by the prospect of Championship League exposure.

Ruddy seems very settled here with his young family and his herbaceous border but he is at the right time of life when one last big move might seem the right thing to contemplate.

These mean that the decision making might drift away from our Club towards the player, if the price was right.

I would like at least one more full season of the big man and then with Bunn ready to step up and Rudd (and Steer) a year further on, I feel we would be better set-up to face any such major loss.

Is Camp permanent? Can''t remember.

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]NOOO...Ruddy is different class to Bunn.[/quote]  i agree to a point. Bunn is a far better keeper now than he was three months ago and seems to be improving all the time.

I think whatever keeper we have between the sticks at the moment, whether Bunn or Ruddy - will do extremely well because of our keeper coaching staff. Bunn has come along leaps and bounds and is currently matching Ruddy''s style and form.

Broadstairs, Camp signed on a deal that runs til the end of the season

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Looks like now Ben Foster is back in the England Setup Ruddy will be over looked again when he''s fit, Unless  Hodgson  drops  Hart, can we see this happening,? Doubt it

[/quote]It''s unlikely but Hart is putting together quite a string of poor and error strewn performances nowadays, another couple of shocking moments this weekend, suddenly Hart isn''t looking all that good to me. But then he does play for Man City.......[:|]

I think Bunn has been a capable understudy for Ruddy, but I''m almost certain that Hughton will have Ruddy back between the sticks as soon as he considers he is ready to play again. Our 3rd choice keeper looked ok yesterday too, so we have no worries in that department.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]I think Bunn has been a capable understudy for Ruddy, but I''m almost certain that Hughton will have Ruddy back between the sticks as soon as he considers he is ready to play again. Our 3rd choice keeper looked ok yesterday too, so we have no worries in that department.[/quote]

And as we are not playing next week, it could be Wigan game we might just see the return of Ruddy.