Sign in to follow this  
peter2704

Murphy Twins

Given their excellent form in the development side this season. Does anyone think it might be time to take a gamble on one or both of these prospects at all? Both have pace and ability to take on defenders which I think it where we seem to fall short. Snodgrass has undoubtedly been one of the POTS but for me we seem light on the opposite side to him. Maybe time to unleash the unexpected?? I know a lot of people say that they''re too young etc, but there are many exceptions to this!

I think the unfortunate experince Callum McManaman had in his first ever Prem game shows the danger of exposing young players to the intense media coverage of the PL too soon.

Let them both continue to develop in the U21 for now and find them somewhere on loan next season. No need to put too much pressure on them too soon.

Not sure, possibly when we are confirmed as safe (say, 38 points should do it).

But even then, we are still playing for big money with the league positions, we could just as easily finish 10th as we could 15th in our current situation, and the difference in prize money is huge.

Can''t remember the exact figure, but think it is about a million per place. It was £800k in 2009/10 so surely up to £1m by now.

Even at £800k per place, finishing 10th is worth £4m.... basically the transfer fee for a good quality player, that would likely buy Garrido with change.

I suspect that the next step for the Murphy''s and Loza (don''t forget Loza, he is seen as having a similar level of potential to the twins) would be to get a few months out on loan next season to perhaps a League Two team, to get some competitive football under their belts.

Sending kids to tinpot teams is also a way of keeping their feet on the ground, because when they arrive their they will be surprised at the standard of the players and the lack of digits in their pay cheques.

I''d actually go as far as to say that they should perhaps be told to go out to earn a game with the first team here.

"I think the unfortunate experince Callum McManaman had in his first ever Prem game shows the danger of exposing young players to the intense media coverage of the PL too soon"

It is well worth pointing out here that it wasn''t his "first ever Prem game", it was his 18th Prem game, it was his first start. He made his debut about four years ago!