Sign in to follow this  
Ha ya got a loight boy?

Message for all the Holt knockers

Okay.

I''m not a ''knocker''. I''ve always loved Grant for what he has done for the club, but I feel his time may be coming to an end.

This is what Grant Holt looked like on 11th February 2012, a little over a year ago, one the day that he scored a brace away at Swansea:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/fil_swansea_norwich_016_1_1232546!image/1490410309.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/1490410309.jpg

Notice the absence of huge amounts of fat, particularly around the neck and mouth region.

He deserves the stick for looking like somebody playing pub football at Waterloo Park.

I''m sure that Nigel will be proud that I''ve found some online evidence this time.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]This is what Grant Holt looked like on 11th February 2012, a little over a year ago, one the day that he scored a brace away at Swansea: http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/fil_swansea_norwich_016_1_1232546!image/1490410309.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/1490410309.jpg Notice the absence of huge amounts of fat, particularly around the neck and mouth region. He deserves the stick for looking like somebody playing pub football at Waterloo Park. I''m sure that Nigel will be proud that I''ve found some online evidence this time.[/quote]

But you haven''t have you? You''ve just shown a photo from Feb 2012. Where''s the one from now?

All good things come to an end! Whether its now or not time will tell but its pointless bringing up past exploits.

[quote user="Holtsmultiplechins"]I don''t know Eddie, why don''t you find one yourself?[/quote]

Because I wasn''t making some ridiculous point.

But here you are anyway...

Grant Holt sees his stoppage time penalty saved. Picture: Paul Chesterton / Focus Images

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Holtsmultiplechins"]I don''t know Eddie, why don''t you find one yourself?[/quote]

Because I wasn''t making some ridiculous point.

But here you are anyway...

Grant Holt sees his stoppage time penalty saved. Picture: Paul Chesterton / Focus Images

[/quote]

Nice one Nutty.   Good how you managed to airbrush out the double chins and the pork pie belly.

"But you haven''t have you? You''ve just shown a photo from Feb 2012. Where''s the one from now?"

You know where Google is, what time MOTD is on, and have a season ticket.... I''m pretty certain that you know damn well that he looks two stone heavier now. He has a double chin for christs sake.

Are you seriously telling me that you can''t see extra weight on Holt? He has gone back to Championship size, after losing a stone and a half last season. And in my opinion he has gone back to Championship standard as a result.

Here you go:

http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/ay104477370football-norwi-e1361639608583.jpg?w=650

23rd February. I mean, just look at his fat face.

What you need Nigel is a woman''s opinion. A man isn''t going to notice it quite like a woman.

Get your dear old wife to look at the picture of Holt in Feb 2012, then get here to watch the Wigan stream with you, and let me know what she says....

Here''s another one from LAST season:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2012/5/13/1336926405672/Grant-Holt-after-scoring--008.jpg

If you can''t see a difference, then go get your eyes tested.

Yes, and on the pictured you posted from last weekend, he looks about a stone and a half heavier than the picture that I posted above from last season.

Are you saying that he is the same size this season as he was last? Is that what you are saying Nigel? If you are, then please lets just agree to disagree, I know what my eyes are seeing so I''d rather not go around in circles.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Yes, and on the pictured you posted from last weekend, he looks about a stone and a half heavier than the picture that I posted above from last season. Are you saying that he is the same size this season as he was last? Is that what you are saying Nigel? If you are, then please lets just agree to disagree, I know what my eyes are seeing so I''d rather not go around in circles.[/quote]

LOL...

When???????

Oh well done, you have posted a picture of a morbidly obese 19 stone 3Ib John Hartson, because that in some way disguises the fact that Holt is carrying a bit of extra timber this season.

If you can''t see that Holt is heavier this season than he was last season, then you are simply blind.

At least a stone. He lost a stone and a half last season, after coming back from pre season pretty hefty (and getting dropped by Lambert).

Probably the entire stone and a half back on from his slimmest point last season. A stone in weight is a huge amount for an athlete.

The thing that I find immediately striking is how unprofessional you must think Chris Hughton is.

If Holt was 21 pounds overweight, I think he would be fined and would also find himself a country mile from the squad let alone the team.

Is it seriously your opinion that Hughton is somehow oblivious or is choosing to ignore this?

If Holt IS 21 pounds overweight and Hughton continues to select him then he is equally culpable and should be disciplined by the club.

I''d suggest that people with an agenda are being malicious and that there is no issue with Holts fitness or fatness but that doesn''t fit with said agenda.

It was only three weeks ago that people were calling me a "holt fanboy" or a "pant wetter" when I was backing him, now I''m being accused of having an agenda by pointing out that he looks out of shape. Either I am a Holt fanboy or have an anti-Holt agenda. I take absolutely no pleasure in pointing out what I see, trust me.

There appears to be many people saying precisely the same thing about Holt today, what would explain such a large number of people coming to exactly the same conclusion on the same day? Could it possibly be that there is at least a little truth in what we are saying?

I didn''t say "21 pounds overweight", I said an estimated 14 to 21 pounds heavier than his lightest last season. That doesn''t mean "14 to 21 pounds overweight", as that would assume that the ''ideal weight'' has a range of 1 pound, and it doesn''t.

Take BMI, for example. The ''ideal range'' is 18.5-24.9. If your BMI was 18.5 and you put on one stone, that might not necessarily make you overweight, depending on your height. If your BMI was 24.9 and you put on one stone, then that''s likely to make you significantly overweight.

So please roll up your strawman arguments and misrepresentations, and shove them up your brown passageway.