Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Ruddy due date?

I honestly doubt he''ll play again this season. Just as long as we''re safe keep him back and make sure he''s in tip top condition for next season

He''s doing some sort of training, but how soon he will be up to kicking (which caused the injury) or throwing himself about is another question. Personally I would be surprised to see him before mid April. There will be few games left then and if we are not drawn more fully into the relegation battle then it could be better to save him for next season.

Our immediate problem is the next game, which Bunn seems certain to miss. Wigan will present us with better finishers than Sunderland did, and some of us have fears about Camp. We shall also need a deputy then - can Rudd be recalled, or do we rely on someone even more junior?

[quote user="York Canary"]He having a baby?[/quote]

Be like another episode of call the bleedin'' midwife if he comes back to soon!

[quote user="Salopian"]

He''s doing some sort of training, but how soon he will be up to kicking (which caused the injury) or throwing himself about is another question. Personally I would be surprised to see him before mid April. There will be few games left then and if we are not drawn more fully into the relegation battle then it could be better to save him for next season.

Our immediate problem is the next game, which Bunn seems certain to miss. Wigan will present us with better finishers than Sunderland did, and some of us have fears about Camp. We shall also need a deputy then - can Rudd be recalled, or do we rely on someone even more junior?

[/quote]

Who''s that then? He did well enough for an hour in a pressure-game away from home with us down to 10 and I''m sure he''ll do ok for one game against Wigan. I imagine Steer will deputise as Rudd can''t come back yet apparently.

The main thing we need to do is play just as well and really get at their weak defence. They play 3-4-3 so we need to exploit that with Kei, Hools, Snoddy and Benno ripping into them along with the full-backs when needed. They will always leave gaps at the back which we need to make the most of. They''ll be missing Miyaichi and McManaman at the very least it seems. Just hope our boys don''t get injured on the i.break (Bassong especially)

I dont think he will play again this season. I cannot see Bunn getting dropped and with Camp as cover no need to risk him. It will depend who performs best in pre season as to who starts between the sticks unless he is sold, but i doubt it

Two weeks ago Ruddy said he was kicking to the half way line in training. So he can''t be too far off.You want your best players playing, end of story. Ruddy is our best keeper by some distance.  But he should only play if he is ready - match fit, sharp and not risking further injury.