Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Sunderland fans comments after the game

I was parked across the river and walking back the home fans were happy to chat (not sure happy is the right word but you know what I mean).

They were aware the ref did them some favours although as you''d expect they felt some of the key decisions were right.  They were on a real downer though - I didn''t know they had Man U, Chelsea, Newcastle and Everton for their next 4 games so at 4 points above Wigan now they are definitely caught up in the relegation scrap.

One comment "after 65 minutes we [Sunderland] showed nothing going forward."  Which was no more than the truth.

I would be very worried right now if i was a Sunderland fan, they quite possibility looked the the poorest team we have played all season. I think they could well get dragged back in to the relegation scrape within 2-3 more games.
Think Stoke fans have a fair bit to worry about too, they look dreadful at the moment.
We actually have one of the easier run ins from the bottom 8 or so sides.

I said this before our game. They were my dark horses to get dragged in and relegated. I think Wigan will survive again somehow even though I want us to smash them in our next game obviously. I can''t see many points for Sunderland in those next 4 games and the remaining games after aren''t much better!

v Man u (h)

v Chelsea (a)

v Newcastle (a)

v Everton (h)

then

v Villa (a)

v Stoke (h)

v Southampton (h)

v Spurs (a)

Villa away and Southampton at some will be crucial, crucial games for them in the run in. Two victories and they might have enough, two defeats and they''ll be in big, big poo poo as I cannot see them picking up many points against any of the other teams

For business reasons I just spoke with someone who works for Sunderland, he says that the feeling there is very much that we''d have won pretty comfortably with 11 players on the pitch. Considers Sunderland to be the worst side to watch in the Prem.

I thanked them for selling us Michael Turner.

They have some good players - for instance Johnson was playing for England not too long ago and Graham was highly regarded as a striker. I think that their confidence is at rock bottom, which is a surprise given their manager.

Good point Salopian, I think our confidence on the other hand was boosted by a battling performance with 10 men for about 65 mins. We even deserved to win it!!! The next game for us is crucial, Wigan away is a massive one for us now, as massive as it is for them.

GJP "For business reasons I just spoke with someone who works for Sunderland"

Hmm, interesting... Give us a ''tickle'' for one of their next games, would ya? ;-)

Going by this forum, Sunderland fans think we were even unluckier than we do:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=767143&page=61

WOW those guys are LIVID! They sound utterly dejected and destroyed. I thought the 3 or 4 morons on here were bad, but bloody hell! Try reading through that lot and not feeling calmer and more sure of our boys staying up

Unhappy bunnies!!At least one had a sense of humour......."Just put a fiver on the ref to score the winner for us!!

Got 6/1! "