Sign in to follow this  
10Jackson

Whittaker

I know Tettey should be back soon but if he is ever injured how about putting Whittaker in his role alongside Johnson either in a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 I think he would be a good replacement as he is creative and his burst forwards are excellent as shown with his goal against Swansea and his runs down the wing yesterday!

At a tangent, sorry, but he has been called to the Scotland team. Good luck to him.

It was good to see Whittaker running at players when he came on. We were in line with the left touch line as Whittaker ran down the line for the last minute cross to Holt. Interestingly, we all thought the whole ball had crossed the touch line and, therefore, a throw to Sunderland, probably only 30 yards from the official.

I really don''t know the answer to these missed/dubious decisions. The sending off and Bassong handball were, arguably, judgement decisions. On the other hand the Rose handball as a matter of fact was a penalty. Maybe a role for technology on these factual calls (inside/outside the box/crossed the line or not) once the referee as made a decision on the actual incident.

"Maybe a role for technology on these factual calls "

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Firstly they are decisions not calls

Only repeated replaying of video evidence can sometimes determine exactly whether the ball was ''in or out'', so at what time is this seen ?

Who would decide to use this evidence and who would then judge it ? What happens at a game where there is not that amount of technology, the overwhelming majirity.

The referees and lines mans decisions are just as much part of the game as Holt over hitting the ball when running through.

To try and redice football to some sort of scripted freakshow like US gridiron would kill what is loved by fans and players everywhere.

If you want to go down the tech route then why not rig players up with an earpiece so they can receive constant instructions and so not nake the wrong pass etc ?

Whitaker far too good to be on bench. No coincidence that our best form was when he was in the side. Been desperate for him to come back in for weeks. Martin has been consistent so Garrido has been fortunate to keep his place. That said I agree that playing Whittaker in the Tettey role would be a good move.