Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

We will lose at Sunderland on Sunday

[quote user="Highland Canary"]In my defence Ricardo I did get two out of four predictions correct on Saturday - QPR and Villa - which is quite good for me...[/quote]Time to stick while you''re ahead then.I notice in your predictions that Fulham seem to be having a hard time with defeats against QPR and Villa coming up. With their other two games being at Spurs and Newcastle it will be mighty congested at the bottom if your hand picked results come true.It''s easy to forecast results to coincide with your agenda, however reality has a habit of putting that all into perspective eventually. City will finish with over 40 points. The present bottom five won''t.

--- Wow. " up front and 2 wingers, and you call that negative. I''d like to see what formation you would play. It sounds like Row D Seat 7 might be available for the next home game!! Any takers?

When the central midfield and full backs are playing very deep as they do when we play 4-5-1 I fail to see the difference.

To see our players average positions, look at this website and click player ''positions''

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/615218/MatchReport/England-Premier-League-2012-2013-Norwich-Southampton

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Highland Canary"]In my defence Ricardo I did get two out of four predictions correct on Saturday - QPR and Villa - which is quite good for me...[/quote]

City will finish with over 40 points. 
[/quote]

Are you relying on seven 0-0 draws?

All we are asking is score us a goal!

How can you say Villa,QPR ans Wigan will survive, one possibly 2 but virtually impossible for all 3 apart from anything they play each other so someone is bound to drop points

One away win all season which we tried our best to throw away doesn''t fill me with confidence going into the weekend.

If we go down, we deserve to. Poor on pitch and managerial performances against teams we should''ve beaten at home is something we may pay the price for. It''s all well and good beating Arsenal and Man Utd but that doesn''t keep you up.

It wouldn''t surprise me at all if we ended up in the bottom 3. If we enter that relegation zone at some point before the end of the season, we won''t get out of it. If we''re needing a win at Man City on the last day, we may as well not bother making the journey there.

HC:

"I accept that the liklihood of relegation is low but nevertheless real."

So why do you continually make us one of the favourites, i.e most likely, to go down? This is beyond neurotic.

While I''m not panicky, what makes any preditctions and outlooks an uneasy affair, is the fact that while we are capable of winning against anyone, including Man United, we can''t be expected to win against anyone, including Luton...

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Highland Canary"]In my defence Ricardo I did get two out of four predictions correct on Saturday - QPR and Villa - which is quite good for me...[/quote]City will finish with over 40 points. [/quote]

[/quote]So seven 2-1 defeats would be alright with you then?

Well of course there is a difference Foghorn.We started with two ''wide'' men, and also 2 out and out CFs. When we were playing only 1 CF, people wanted more, when we got it, people call it negative 

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Highland Canary"]In my defence Ricardo I did get two out of four predictions correct on Saturday - QPR and Villa - which is quite good for me...[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So seven 2-1 defeats would be alright with you then?
[/quote]

This is the kind of logic that leads to a patronising post fro City 1st so let me clarify.

Best of all win every game 5-0,

If not that then win some games,

If not that draw some games,

If not that pray!!

Saying seven 0-0 draws will do does not mean that is what we want.  It means what it says; seven 0-0 draws will keep us in the Premiership and give us a summer to improve the team.  That is not ideal.  it is not creditable and enjoyable.

BUT, it is enough to do the job and if that is what it takes to get us through then it is good enough.  Better than relegation is good enough.

I feel a bit like I''m in one of the new Meerkat adverts.

Good enough does not mean good.  They are different phrases.  One menas good and the other means good enough.  The clue is the word enough which when added to the word good acts as a qualification on the meaning of the word good

For God''s sake is it so hard to agree.  Apart from Wiz and possibly the evil side of Highland no one on here actually wants us to go down do they?

Also, when did Sunderland become so good?  Are they so much better than QPR, Reading, Spurs, Everton, Southampton and Aston Villa that we should suddenly be quaking rather than being quietly confident that we can get a draw and move closer to survival?

I don''t think Sunderland have suddenly become so good. I just think we have no chance of going there and getting 3 points. Not a hope. I think we''ll go with one up top, go for the point, they will beat us easily.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Anyone else seen Sunderlands remaining fixtures ?[/quote]

Very tough - Chelsea, Man United, Tottenham, Newcastle and Everton to come. They certainly aren''t safe from danger - a nice win for Norwich on Saturday (as we are the ''in form'' team out of the two) would drop them right into a battle.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So seven 2-1 defeats would be alright with you then?
[/quote]

Where have I said that seven defeats would be alright?

Actually to get over 40 points we need a minimum of eight 0-0 draws. Alternatively could you please explain as to why you think we will score another goal between now and the end of the season.

But surely, all our wins are a fluke! Let''s face it, we don''t deserve to have a single point this season. Must be the luckiest team in the Known Universe.

Ho Hum.

One things for sure, if we stay up we''ll be one if the worse teams to do so in recent years.

Hughton must eans his beans now. We need to take either 2 or 3 points from the next two to ease a bit of pressure. Then one win and one draw from our remaining home fixtures might do it.

I think realistically and perhaps the best this squad are capable of is a 38/39 point finish. Whether that''s enough or not we''ll have to see, but it''s going to be an uncomfortable end to the season where by we pray on others slipping up.

[quote user="ron obvious"]But surely, all our wins are a fluke! Let''s face it, we don''t deserve to have a single point this season. Must be the luckiest team in the Known Universe. Ho Hum.[/quote]

Just look at how many goals we have scored since Xmas..........it says it all.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Highland Canary"]In my defence Ricardo I did get two out of four predictions correct on Saturday - QPR and Villa - which is quite good for me...[/quote]City will finish with over 40 points. [/quote]

[/quote]So seven 2-1 defeats would be alright with you then?[/quote]

Where have I said that seven defeats would be alright?

Actually to get over 40 points we need a minimum of eight 0-0 draws. Alternatively could you please explain as to why you think we will score another goal between now and the end of the season.

[/quote]Because in the course of 9 league matches it is near enough inevitable that we will.Even if we only achieve our average we will still score about another 8 goals. Goal droughts come and go and there is no sensible reason to believe that ours will go on for another 9 games.I''ve been saying since mid November that the relegated teams would come from the then bottom five. Here we are in mid March and the bottom five are still the same teams. They will still be the same bottom five in 9 games time.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]One things for sure, if we stay up we''ll be one if the worse teams to do so in recent years.

Hughton must eans his beans now. We need to take either 2 or 3 points from the next two to ease a bit of pressure. Then one win and one draw from our remaining home fixtures might do it.

I think realistically and perhaps the best this squad are capable of is a 38/39 point finish. Whether that''s enough or not we''ll have to see, but it''s going to be an uncomfortable end to the season where by we pray on others slipping up.[/quote]Complete and utter nonsense. Over 38 games teams finish up where they deserve to be and comparing one year with another is mere speculation. After 29 games there are 6 teams poorer than us and 13 teams better. We are the 14th best team in the country. Those are the facts please show me yours that prove that we aren''t.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="ricardo"]

Goal droughts come and go and there is no sensible reason to believe that ours will go on for another 9 games.[/quote]

Because the same players are in the playing squad until the end of the season and the tactics are likely to stay the same.

[/quote]In which case we will score very close to one goal per game for the remaining nine games.

Tangible Fixed Assets anyone

Just look at how many goals we have scored since Xmas..........it says it all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Jan     Wet Spam            A   1 - 2

12 Jan   Newcastle           H   0 - 0

19 Jan   Liverpool            A   0 - 5

30 Jan   Tottenham           H   1 - 1

2  Feb    QPR                   A   0 - 0

9  Feb    Fulham               H   0 - 0

23 Feb   Everton              H   2 - 1

2   Mar   Manchester U    A   0 - 4

9  Mar    Southampton      H  0 - 0

As I said 0 - 0 is the route to survival.   Four goals in 9 legue games.