Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

We will lose at Sunderland on Sunday

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Our points total would be higher today, in my opinion, had we have shown a bit more positivity.[/quote]Not bad coming from someone who''s been forecasting relegation all season! LOL! [:D]

I think the OP and Highland Canary make some very valid points. We are far from safe yet and a team that''s only scored 4 goals in 9 games is not one that will strike fear into many Premier League sides. It''s not beyond the realms of possibility that we lose our next 3 matches. Sunderland completely outplayed us at the Stadium of Light last year, Wigan are beginning to play very well as shown by their performance against Everton and Swansea are a superb footballing side.Of course it''s unlikely that we''ll go down but stranger things have happened. QPR are putting back to back wins together (when did we last do that?), Aston Villa are in a false position and even Reading are capable of winning games. If Hughton keeps this side up he will have done a magnificent job. If we go down I''d still like to see him in charge.

[quote user="courtyboy02"]Of course it''s unlikely that we''ll go down but stranger things have happened. QPR are putting back to back wins together (when did we last do that?), Aston Villa are in a false position and even Reading are capable of winning games. If Hughton keeps this side up he will have done a magnificent job. If we go down I''d still like to see him in charge.[/quote]QPR need to win a few more games yet, Reading are doomed, Villa in a false position?  What does that even mean, they are where they are because they haven''t got results - the table doesn''t lie if you don''t win games you end up near the bottom of the table.

It''s very disappointing to feel this, but i honestly think we have no chance on Sunday. No chance at all.

I''ve always said I fancy Villa to finish above us. I said it even when they were getting battered each game over Christmas, I think we will end up behind them.

I think one surprise team will drop. Maybe a Norwich or a Sunderland. I think teams like Southampton and Villa will be fine. That leaves QPR, Reading, Wigan, us and Sunderland fighting to stay away from 3 relegation places.

I just don''t think we will score enough and if it goes to the last game which for us is away at Man City, we may as well buy a job lot of white towels from Makro and throw them at the door of the Premier League.

My Premier League predictor on the BBC website has us going down with Reading and Wigan. By my predictions we finish with 38 points, relegated by a point.

If you had to bet your life on NCFC surviving or being relegated which would it be?

If i had to bet my life - I''d be survival...just!

However, I honestly believe we are in real danger of going down this season. We look jaded and out of ideas.

[quote user="T"]If you had to bet your life on NCFC surviving or being relegated which would it be?[/quote]

Whoa !  That would give a whole new angle on Holty "going down easily" for a penalty !

I think we have around a 5% chance of getting relegated, so I guess that answers your question.

As to the OP - shall I tell Mrs ICF I won''t be travelling to Sunderland on Sunday then ?  Anyone want a ticket ?  Just kidding, I slogged up there last season and I''ll be damned if I''m going to miss another visit to the lovely North East.

I have to confess every time I go back to Sunderland/Newcastle etc, I''m surprised at just how far it is.  And I only have to travel from Nottingham.

Wow what a post! Some of you need to really consider whether football in general or NCFC in particular are something you should follow.

If you truly believe what you''re writing, open an account at the spread betting firms and take a punt. Try Sporting Index to start with and buy at £10 point and your winnings will be:

City finish bottom = £560

19th = £360

18th = £260

17th = £160

16th = £60

17th = £10

16th or above you lose £40.

What''s not to like about that?

Or if you don''t really believe the drivel your writing, man up a bit and stop trying to depress everyone around you.

PS, I''m thinking 14th as a finish, not impossible we''ll go down though but there''s an awful lot of sh 1t that could happen to me that''s also not impossible and I''m not about to start wetting my pants about those things either

"then this thread and all the stupid comments in it wouldn''t even exist"

you wanna bet ?

(err, not literally)

I don''t reckon we''ll get more than eight more points this season but that''ll be enough.  Roll on summer and some new blood in the centre of midfield.

Look on the bright side - a least McDermott and Adkins are available if someone cares to give them a call.

Hughton and his side kicks will take Norwich down if not this year, then certainly next -Fact

I can see this thread being revived on Sunday...for better or for worse.

http://hals.forumotion.co.uk/

Check out this link

In My opinion we can do without this kind of thread, couldn''t be bothered to read the whole thread, but I will be at Sunderland supporting the team the only way I know how

ON THE BALL CITY. 

OK I''ve read the pros & cons - good posts by all.

My opinion: - mathematically we can be relegated however despite the lack of goals & despite teams like QPR, Villa, Southampton & Wigan having pretty decent attacks & capable of winning a lot of games - I don''t think we''ll near to going down.

Why ? - cos we''ll pretty difficult to beat - we''ll got some pretty decent players ourselves. The core of the team - Ruddy, R Martin, Garrido, Turner, Bassong, BJ, Tettey, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Hoolahan & Holt can hold their own with the best. When some are missing (like right now) it can become shaky. Kamara could be a big player for us as well. Hoolahan is a key player and the manager needs to keep a clear head and keep him in the team.

If some of teams below us do make up the points, I feel it would be Sunderland, Fulham, West Ham & Stoke that are in danger - not us.

I say to all those fans traveling up to Sunderland on sunday, make the most of the day, try get decent breakfast, have few beers before early kick off, because come the game you will be dissapointed, we will lose, long journey home!! were as i will be in the local pub, ten minute walk from house, enjoying few beers, watching the shower of Sh*te!!

On season form we should finish in 14th, our goal difference costing us a place or two but on recent form we should finish 12th due to teams above us dropping down.

As for those who would relish us going down (for the ''told you so'' factor) - Wiz, Highland Canary, Lincoln Canary, Rudolph Hucker, Making Plans, Zema''s Tendon, etc, etc.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]I say to all those fans traveling up to Sunderland on sunday, make the most of the day, try get decent breakfast, have few beers before early kick off, because come the game you will be dissapointed, we will lose, long journey home!! were as i will be in the local pub, ten minute walk from house, enjoying few beers, watching the shower of Sh*te!![/quote]

It is true that the Stadium of Light is known by home Mackem fans as The Stadium of Shite.

No worries here 3pts coming home!

113 now....

I think we have a chance of sneaking 3pts. If we can frustrate them a little and maybe nick a goal their fans will be on their back pretty quick, they are more worried than us.

They werent good down here and speaking to a sunderland supporting mate "They are going down...Down I tell ya"

[quote user="zemas tendon"]I say to all those fans traveling up to Sunderland on sunday, make the most of the day, try get decent breakfast, have few beers before early kick off, because come the game you will be dissapointed, we will lose, long journey home!! were as i will be in the local pub, ten minute walk from house, enjoying few beers, watching the shower of Sh*te!![/quote]

Well, you''ve got my vote for Supporter of the Year

Looking at their upcoming fixtures it has to be said that this is a massive, massive game for Sunderland because if they lose to us then they are right in the s**t and could quite easily not win any of their next 5 games.

It is therefore absolutely crucial that we (i) do not gift them a stupid early goal and (ii) do not just back off and sit deep from the outset thus allowing them to build up a head of steam. I''m looking for 4-2-3-1, keep it nice and tight, press the midfield and hit them on the break and from set pieces. If we do that i certainly don;t think its a forgone conclusion we will lose and indeed think we have a decent chance of adding to their woes and winning up there.

As for the prophets of doom I think on balance we will be ok but i''m nervous and I do feel we have made much harder work of it over the last 3 months than we needed to due to our negative approach to certain games. That said i am struggling to see how some people can matter of factly state that Southampton and Villa (two teams with less points than us and who have been below us all season) will definitely be ok whereas we and Sunderland are fighting it out with the bottom 3 for the last relegation spot. Southampton now have 3 very hard games in a row. We have Sunderland, Wigan and Swansea. We could of course lose all three but Its also very possible that in a months time we could be 12 or so points ahead of Southampton.

I have a hunch we will win 2-1. In any case, ! have to say that I think the title of this thread is imbecilic.

People are mistaking negativity from me and others as wishing us to go down. Not the case at all.

I think we will survive, just, a big just. I think negative tactics will and have cost us. Yes, we went on a ten game unbeaten run, we then went on a ten game run where we didn''t win though. By all accounts we are still living off that ten game run, or we were until we beat Everton. Then you could say at least we had something to live off.

As I''ve said many times, I am convinced we will lose on Sunday. I see nothing in us after last Saturday that can get a point or three at Sunderland. I''d be delighted if we did though as despite what you may think, I want us to survive and push on next season.

Just because someone feels negative about us at the moment doesn''t mean they''re not a fan or want bad things to happen to the club. It just means ultimately we care. We all care but please do not mistake my negativity for wanting us to go down. That''s really not fair.

What do you think has caused your negativity? Are you disappointed that we are not higher in the league? Have your own expectations gone beyond what the club can reasonably meet? Most peoples expectations were no more than us being competetive this season. Staying up would have been a bonus and staying up comfortably a massive bonus and beyond their expectations.