Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

We will lose at Sunderland on Sunday

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Just look at how many goals we have scored since Xmas..........it says it all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Jan     Wet Spam            A   1 - 2

12 Jan   Newcastle           H   0 - 0

19 Jan   Liverpool            A   0 - 5

30 Jan   Tottenham           H   1 - 1

2  Feb    QPR                   A   0 - 0

9  Feb    Fulham               H   0 - 0

23 Feb   Everton              H   2 - 1

2   Mar   Manchester U    A   0 - 4

9  Mar    Southampton      H  0 - 0

As I said 0 - 0 is the route to survival.   Four goals in 9 legue games.[/quote]

Still eight point from those nine games Tangy. If we get eight points from the next nine we''ll be safe.

Points win prizes.....

Cambridge wrote: For God''s sake is it so hard to agree. Apart from Wiz and possibly the evil side of Highland no one on here actually wants us to go down do they?

Highland doesn''t have an evil bone in his body but views opportunities as challenges - the point is we''re not at all safe. If the next four matches go wrong, it will all be about how well or badly we can handle pressure coming off an appallingly poor run of results.

I don''t think Cambridge was talking (in that quote) about being safe - he was talking about you and wiz wanting us to go down

something, your constant talk about us losing BEFORE games suggests not only do you want us to go down but actually the reason why that might be ?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Cambridge wrote: For God''s sake is it so hard to agree. Apart from Wiz and possibly the evil side of Highland no one on here actually wants us to go down do they?

Highland doesn''t have an evil bone in his body but views opportunities as challenges - the point is we''re not at all safe. If the next four matches go wrong, it will all be about how well or badly we can handle pressure coming off an appallingly poor run of results.[/quote]Only the top nine are already safe. From 10th to 14th an average of about a point a game will see them safe. These teams have so far averaged between 1.14 and 1.18 points per game.The bottom 4 however need between 1.5 and almost 2 points a game to be safe having averaged between .8 and .9 points per game up until now.Bookies odds for relegation from the 10th to 14th group are between 16-1 and 33-1. Odds for relegation from the bottom 4 range from 1-10 up to 5-4.Guess where the likely relegation candidates will come from.

People keep saying relegation won''t happen and we''re safe, but if we lose all our remaining games and the clubs below us win half their remaining games then we are relegated.  Surely nobody can argue with that logic.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Odds can change rapidly Ricardo. This stage of the season is about confidence and momentum neither of which were especially in evidence on Saturday.[/quote]

Come May 19th I will be right and you will be wrong but I suppose that won''t stop you being pessimistic about 2013/14.

Well, 4.5% of times we lose every game we still stay up according to the simulations on http://www.sportsclubstats.com/England/Premier.html (us losing every match only happens 1 in about 1650 times).  Indeed the simulations found occasions where we lose every match and finish 15th (although not many).
Relegation falls below 50% when we get 3 more points.

I''ve never read such a load of sensationalist bilge in all my life. The Pinkun has sunk to new lows. We have only lost 3 games in the last 10 (with 2 of the defeats coming to ManU and Liverpool), but apparently certain posters see us as dead certs for the drop. I can only conclude that your lives are dead and empty, so you feel the need to create some needless groundless drama to enrich it. Perhaps the doom posters should consider journalist careers for the Daily Star or something, you have a talent for creating a storm in a teacup based on no tangible evidence, you could sell papers for sure.

Be objective. We currently DO NOT look like a side who is going to get relegated (yes we do not score many goals but our confidence is not low and we are defending well). If our heads were down then I''d be worried, but they are not. We also have an easy run in. We play Reading, Swansea, Villa and West Brom at home, and Sunderland, Wigan and Stoke away. You couldn''t ask for a better run in. We''re averaging over a point a game (for the season AND the last 10 games). So if you fail to see how we can''t pick up at least 4-5 points, then you doom posters must be drama queens. We will beat reading (this will be the game where we score a goal or 2), and pick up some draws elsewhere (most likely 0-0''s). Now that is a realistic scenario ;)

[quote user="Josh"]I''ve never read such a load of sensationalist bilge in all my life. The Pinkun has sunk to new lows. We have only lost 3 games in the last 10 (with 2 of the defeats coming to ManU and Liverpool), but apparently certain posters see us as dead certs for the drop. I can only conclude that your lives are dead and empty, so you feel the need to create some needless groundless drama to enrich it. Perhaps the doom posters should consider journalist careers for the Daily Star or something, you have a talent for creating a storm in a teacup based on no tangible evidence, you could sell papers for sure.

Be objective. We currently DO NOT look like a side who is going to get relegated (yes we do not score many goals but our confidence is not low and we are defending well). If our heads were down then I''d be worried, but they are not. We also have an easy run in. We play Reading, Swansea, Villa and West Brom at home, and Sunderland, Wigan and Stoke away. You couldn''t ask for a better run in. We''re averaging over a point a game (for the season AND the last 10 games). So if you fail to see how we can''t pick up at least 4-5 points, then you doom posters must be drama queens. We will beat reading (this will be the game where we score a goal or 2), and pick up some draws elsewhere (most likely 0-0''s). Now that is a realistic scenario ;)[/quote]It''s the Pink Un, Josh.Reading have a new manager, they will start playing like champions and win all their remaining games.Aston Villa have Lambert in charge, he knows no fear and is never beaten and they will beat us at Carrow Road.QPR are on the up and have Harry Redknapp in charge, they must therefore be fine.Trust me, we''re nailed on for the drop along with two other clubs I haven''t named.

Quote Mister Chops

"It''s the Pink Un, Josh.

Reading have a new manager, they will start playing like champions and win all their remaining games.

Aston Villa have Lambert in charge, he knows no fear and is never beaten and they will beat us at Carrow Road.

QPR are on the up and have Harry Redknapp in charge, they must therefore be fine.

Trust me, we''re nailed on for the drop along with two other clubs I haven''t named."

Yup, I''m not sure why I put there energy into replying actually, I''m sure it will be like getting through to a brick wall.

Nevertheless, I''m sure some of the more grounded posters here will agree with what I said :)

[quote user="City1st"]

I don''t think Cambridge was talking (in that quote) about being safe - he was talking about you and wiz wanting us to go down

something, your constant talk about us losing BEFORE games suggests not only do you want us to go down but actually the reason why that might be ?

[/quote]

City 1st.......................FOOL.

[quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

City 1st.......................FOOL.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="Wiz"]I tend to agree with the OP on this.[:(][/quote]

I''m surprised at you wiz

[/quote]

Is it any wonder.

It is possible that we will lose on Sunday, unless we win, or get a draw.

I remember a fixture against SAFC a few years ago that was snowed off, so that a possibilty also.

Makes you think.

I think our only remaining victory this season will be against Reading at home. However, with a new manager coming - you never know. Beyond that I think we will have to draw ourselves to safety.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Just read an article where Hughton thought we had the edge over Southampton despite them having 15 shots and us having 3.[/quote]

He''s in denial then.

Oh for GOD sake.

Some of you need to get a life. Can''t believe how negative you all are.

Why did i bother even joining. They should close this message board down like they did with canaries.co.uk to stop all you trolls posting such crap. Seriously.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]One things for sure, if we stay up we''ll be one if the worse teams to do so in recent years.

Hughton must eans his beans now. We need to take either 2 or 3 points from the next two to ease a bit of pressure. Then one win and one draw from our remaining home fixtures might do it.

I think realistically and perhaps the best this squad are capable of is a 38/39 point finish. Whether that''s enough or not we''ll have to see, but it''s going to be an uncomfortable end to the season where by we pray on others slipping up.[/quote]

Its not realistically all this squad is capable of. We should have 38/39 points already and in my view would have had we been vaguely positive in the home games against QPR, West Ham, Newcastle and Fulham and also the away games at Reading and West Brom. Obviously we would not have won them all but we could very easily have picked up 5 or 6 more points than we have now because in all of those games we looked the better side but settled for a draw way too early in proceedings.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="lincoln]

We should have 38/39 points already and in my view would have had we been vaguely positive in the home games against QPR, West Ham, Newcastle and Fulham and also the away games at Reading and West Brom. Obviously we would not have won them all but we could very easily have picked up 5 or 6 more points than we have now because in all of those games we looked the better side but settled for a draw way too early in proceedings.[/quote]

I''m not sure that we were on the front foot in all of these games but your main point is entirely valid. Our points total would be higher today, in my opinion, had we have shown a bit more positivity.