Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Crucial decisions in games

I''ve been to all bar 1 (Stoke) home league game this season and I''ve missed 6 away games and I honestly cannot think of more than 2 or 3 game changing refereeing decisions that have gone our way.The only decisions that have gone our way which spring to mind instantly for me:1. The freekick that resulted in the goal at Everton 2. The pen v southampton.We have been treated appallingly by referees this season and it just isnt right. Hell I remember going to Spurs away this season and them getting a throw in when it was blatantly ours!Hopefully I''ll get loads of replies with decisions (freekicks in dangerous areas etc.) that have gone our way but I really am struggling to think of many things that have gone our way this season.Awful refs this year.

Here''s my two pennith worth of decisions over the season. By my rights, that''s roughly 6 decisions for and around 12 against. And that''s me trying to be honest!

For

Stoke h - weak free-kick awarded to us after Snodgrass went down easily. Johnson scored header from free kick. Pulls enraged.

Swansea a - Swans equaliser after a foul on Bunn was awarded. The correct decision but not obvious and could easily have gone against us. We held on to win.

Man City h - Nasri sending off. Correct by the letter of the law but could easily have been missed.

Everton h - 16 extra seconds played in extra time, enough for us to score crucial 2nd goal. Nope, sorry, I''m not having that one!!

Southampton h - last min dubious spot kick award.

Sunderland a - Holt could easily have seen red for a two footed lunge. Not a game changing decision, though wouldn''t have wanted to see the last 10 mins out with just 9!

Against

QPR h - VERY soft pen award and rebound scored by Zamora who encroached.

Spurs a - Morison shirt pull towards the end of game in box. No pen given.

Villa a - E Bennett brought down on edge of box at 0-0. Motd agreed it should have been a pen. No pen or foul given.

Southampton a - Lambert put saints ahead after ball hit his hand. Not an obvious spot, but a handball nonetheless.

Man City h - Komoany could easily have seen red for a studs up challenge. Seen them given and he himself was sent off for similar last season. In the event, no foul was given and they scored 10 secs later.

West Ham a - VERY soft pen awarded against R Bennett. Happens numerous times per game without being penalised. Both players short pulling equally.

West Ham a - Tettey fouled by Cole on halfway line in build up to 2nd goal. Cole then lands full weight on him.

West Ham a - Clear foul on Kane in pen area. No pen given. Would have been a straight red with 40 mins remaining.

QPR a - last min slight push on Becchio in area. Would have been VERY weak admittedly, but seen them given!

Southampton h - 1st half shirt pull on Holt should have been a pen. As last man and denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity, could easily have been a red also.

Sunderland a - two dubious handball decisions. Both could have gone either way. Had we been given benefit of the doubt for the pen, we may probably have accepted the red card more. Both could have one either way. Would the same ref have given the same decision for NCFC at Old Trafford though?

Sunderland a - should have had a pen for Rose handball. Wrongly awarded outside box. Clear as day.

...have to say I don''t recall any SHORT pulling in the West Ham age - that would have been rather different!

We have definitely been on the end of more than our fair share of crappy decisions - and I''m sure the proportions were about the same last season, too: all those dodgy pens in the first few games rather set the stall out for the rest of the season, WBA being the best - dodgy pen for them, Vaughan assaulted and missed for us. Does seem to be the way it''s going to be for us in the PL.

Agree with you 100% GH.

The West Ham game and the Sunderland game were perfect examples where a questionable penalty decision went against us, and later in the game there was a clearer penalty in our favour which wasn''t given.  If we had been given and scored those two penalties, we''d have 3 extra points and be virtually safe by now.

We can defo scratch off the southampton penalty and everton ''overtime''

In the Everton game the minutes held up is the minimum added time that the ref has to play, and it was such a small amount of time, not exactly fergie time...

Yes the penalty was a soft one against the saints but the officials missed a blantant shirt pulling in the first half so its swings and roundabouts on that for me