Sign in to follow this  
fen canary

Danny Graham

He was non existant yesterday .

I know it was only one game but personally I am glad we did not waste a shed load of money on Graham as he does not look any better than what we have.

I still think DG is pretty decent but from Sunderland''s point of view I think they''d be better playing Sessegnon off or alongside Fletcher.

Fletcher and Graham are both brilliant forwards, Sunderland are just poor and lack confidence.

He was scoring pretty freely before his transfer; I doubt he''s become a poor player overnight. I think it highlights that there are many factors that affect a player''s form, though. The environment Graham finds himself in at the moment will certainly be a very different one than what he had become accustomed to at Swansea.

Danny Graham is a good player, but i''d be worried about his mentality or what was happening in his personal life seeing as he was so desperate to get back to the North East, when a footballers career is so short then they can live wherever they choose when it''s over.

"He was scoring pretty freely before his transfer"

Not really, 3 in 18 for Swansea in the league, he was actually missing a lot of sitters for Swansea early this season... 3 goals from 31 shots in the league. Is having a poor season like Holt. Makes you wonder whether some strikers have a honeymoon period. DJ Campbell was a one season wonder too.

The Sunderland fans were booing as he was substituted; I was generally under the impression that the fans were disappointed with this decision rather than expressing displeasure with his performance.

[quote user="Stig"]Fletcher and Graham are both brilliant forwards, Sunderland are just poor and lack confidence.[/quote]

Could you define brilliant please

I am biased as i would have liked DG here but i always had the feeling it was a big mistake his going to Sunderland too much history being a Newcastle supporter and some of his past comments. The only way he will win them around is by scoring goals, not happening for him at the moment and he may yet finish up on the market again in the summer

He was good enough to get Bunn sent off, if he had not chased it down and run straight at Bunn also cleverly putting his hands up! It is amazing if you do that to someone they will always put their hands up in response to protect themselves

[quote user="CJ"]He was good enough to get Bunn sent off, if he had not chased it down and run straight at Bunn also cleverly putting his hands up! It is amazing if you do that to someone they will always put their hands up in response to protect themselves
[/quote]

Sign of a great striker that..

Indeed; Rooney & RVP do it all the time(!). Strikers who don''t do it are really letting themselves down.

It''s amazing that if you kick a ball hard at someone''s face they will always put their hands up to protect themselves.Clever cookie, that Danny Graham.

[quote user="Chip20"]It''s amazing that if you kick a ball hard at someone''s face they will always put their hands up to protect themselves.Clever cookie, that Danny Graham.[/quote]

Someone clearly forgot to tell Bradley Johnson.

I would have been pleased if we had signed Graham. But he''s a striker who needs a few chances to score. Always has been in this league at least as far as i''m aware (or at least from what i''ve seen of him). A bit like Earnshaw, i''m sure he quite often hit double figures in number of shots in a game. And we aren''t creating that many chances, and Graham, unlike Earnshaw doesn''t create that many chances himself.

[quote user="E.L.F."]

Someone clearly forgot to tell Bradley Johnson.[/quote]Chuckle. I''d forgotten about that!