Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Bunn - Appeal?

It was not a red card there was no intention to stop with his hands, the ball hit his chest first then under his right arm,no red card.

I just find had to believe that the ref felt he was 100% certain it was the correct decision in a spilt second, and didn''t cave in to the ''home support'' appeals.

Similar with the Bassong penalty, could the lino be 100% certain the ball actually touched his arm after hitting his chest? I still don''t think the video is conclusive on that either as the path of ball might have ran down the length of his arm without actually touching it. So the lino caved in to home appeals.

So when we had our penalty appeal the lino bottled the decision because he didn''t fancy getting grief off the home support.

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="crabbycanary"]

Not only did that numpty of a Lino miss the offside for their pen, but he didn''t give us a pen for the handball by Rose. That is just plain incompetence and I would love to see the Assessors report, and where he is going to be running the line next week. Watch out Lowestoft! (Sorry Lowy fans)

[/quote]

Is it? You don''t think it might perhaps be something else.

[/quote] How do you mean Webbo? Not insinuating anything are you?!! :) As with the Fellaini incident, the officials have deemed the ball to hit the hand, they haven''t used any common sense in as much as where the player landed, (both with feet in the box) to ascertain what the punishment should be. Ironically, yesterday, if the away fans hadn''t been moved to the other end of the ground, then that would have been right in front of the City fans, and they could have helped the linesman make his mind up. Also, the lino admitted to R Martin that he said he wasn’t sure how much he (Sunderland player) was interfering with play, yet it was an intentional pass to him!! I''ll stick with incompetence![/quote]

I believe the official in question may well have been "performing" in the Conference South in earlier times.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Why oh why, didn''t Bunn chest it or head it, and keep his hands down ?
[/quote]

Just think about it. If he had kept his arms down, it would have struck the front of his right arm.

Imo he was caught out between whether the ball was going to bounce up for a header or not. I think he had is arms up for a bit of leverage for a jump.