Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Mild mannered Chris Hughton

Can you imagine the sort of comments coming from other managers if they''d suffered the injustices we did yesterday? I really like the fact that CH doesn''t whine about decisions, even when he has a right too.

He''s a good man and a resolute decent manager who never panics in the face of adversity. He will keep us in the Premiership, I have no doubt now after yesterday''s excellent team performance.

He is a good man, seemingly never speaking "evil" of anyone. The fact that he is widely respected can be seen in most matches when opposing mnagers and staff all greet him with a smile.

I just hope that in private, with the team, that he does not hold back when criticism is due.

He could have gone on and on about the decisions but spent a fair amount of his interview praising the players and the performance.

[quote user="Salopian"]

He is a good man, seemingly never speaking "evil" of anyone. The fact that he is widely respected can be seen in most matches when opposing mnagers and staff all greet him with a smile.

I just hope that in private, with the team, that he does not hold back when criticism is due.

[/quote]

Seeing his face after our first match against Fulham, I think our players got torn a new one!!! :)

I just wish that the moaners on here could step back a tad, & display some of the manners & politeness that CH shows. A very rare attribute in football, makes a refreshing change. What I saw at the end of the match on Sky, was the applause he gave to our supporters, walking on the pitch towards them. I can only assume that we outsung & outcheered the Sunderland fans, we need to roar them on now aagainst Wigan, & if CH keeps us up maybe we can show him some manners & appreciation too. Well done the supporters, the team & the management. Would be interesting to hear the take of this from the fans who travelled all those miles & saw the game.......... OTBC.

I think the man has dignity in bucket loads. And listening to Russel Martin, he has passed this quality to his players. Martin is perfect material for the Team Captain next season.

Absolutely agreed Jack F spot on. Russell Martin has become a very classy act, one of the unsung heroes.

Calling Chris Hughton mild-mannered   is underselling him imo.   He plainly likes people and that is what come across more than anything.   Because he likes people, a people person, if you like, he is liked in return, by almost everyone that meets him.   It is not mild manneredness that is at the heart of his character, it is more that he is genuine, open and honest.     We are lucky we have several characters like this at CR.    Grant Holt, Russell Martin are two that always come across well, that''s why they show as captains.   There are probably others as well,  but at the heart of the club we have good strong likeable characters and that will always serve us well.   

People use the "mild-mannered" tag as some kind of insult, as if there is something wrong with it.  Well the performance we put up against Sunderland shows there is steel there too,  not forgetting the performances earlier in the season.   That steel is what is making us hard to beat.   Nothing wrong with being mild-mannered or genuine, or likeable, as long as the team is doing well.   And overall, despite the difficulties, we are doing well. 

[quote user="Roodge"]I just wish that the moaners on here could step back a tad, & display some of the manners & politeness that CH shows. A very rare attribute in football, makes a refreshing change. What I saw at the end of the match on Sky, was the applause he gave to our supporters, walking on the pitch towards them. I can only assume that we outsung & outcheered the Sunderland fans, we need to roar them on now aagainst Wigan, & if CH keeps us up maybe we can show him some manners & appreciation too. Well done the supporters, the team & the management. Would be interesting to hear the take of this from the fans who travelled all those miles & saw the game.......... OTBC.[/quote]

I was there, we had a decent turnout although not surprising it was less than usual, given the length of the trek for a Sky game and the low expectations among many.  There were plenty of gaps among the home fans too.  I think we did out-sing the Sunderland fans for most of the game although it wasn''t one of our noisiest performances.  They tended to make the occasional roar of noise if they wanted a referring decision to go their way, which clearly influenced the officials - it was no coincidence all the controversial decisions happened at the far end of the pitch from the City fans.  But not much of what I''d call support from the home fans for their team, plenty of moaning (and plenty of cause for them to moan).

We did keep singing at the end of the game though and it was good to CH and many of the players come on to the pitch to take the applause.

Am I the only one who thought mild mannered janitor Henry   aka Hong Kong Phooey?