Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Tettey back for Wigan?

It was reported a week and a half ago that Tettey would be sidelined for a couple of weeks.  Given the international break I hope he is fit enough to at least make the bench for the Wigan game.

Bassong looks to be carrying an injury and I also wouldn''t be surprised to hear come the end of the season that Holt has been carrying an injury too.

Any news on Ruddy?  The last I heard was he would possibly be back for the beginning of April.

I''m not sure what stage Tettey is at, but I''m sure he can''t be far away from a return now. I think we have missed it a fair bit in the middle, although Howson put in a solid shift against Sunderland.

Bassong looked to be just a knock, Holt as far as I know is fully fit - he just looks a little tubby. Rightly dropped because of his poor performance in the last game and not because of fittness.

Ruddy is back in ''light'' training. He''s been working on his kicking and gently easing back into things. I doubt we''ll see him for a least another month yet

Bassong has seemed to be limping a bit in several games - can''t help but think he is carrying an injury but one that he''s ''managing'' (and playing pretty well with).

I hope Tettey is back soon, if only to ad competition for places. His distribution is sometimes a little iffy, but he is solid and does his job well.

"if only to ad competition for places"

and as ''back up'' given how Johnson and Snodgrass give it the full works

one of them is due an injury or a suspension soon, so having Tettey back will help immensely, likewise having Whittaker avvailable and knowing he can fill in on the left midfield when needed

so it''s all hands to the pump as we head to Wigan, with Swansea playing Spurs we could be 3 points off them come 5pm on the 30th ... setting up a cracking game at home to them on the following Saturday

9th place here we come !