Sign in to follow this  
 Zak Van Burger

Mentalist Foreign Owners.

Blackburn are now looking for their FOURTH manager this season with Venkys having just sent Appleton the same way as Berg and Kean.This is relevant to Norwich because it is yet another example of mentalist behaviour exhibited by the foreign owners of a football club, something out Board past and present have been heavily criticised for preventing.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"This is relevant to Norwich..."

No it isn''t.[/quote]

Seriously how many of your 7,000 posts are about Norwich or a reply to a thread that doesn''t have you working as a community forum police officer?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"This is relevant to Norwich..."

No it isn''t.[/quote]Despite your omnipresence you must have somehow missed the endless pages of debate on this forum concerning the merits and pitfalls of Delia and MWJ''s ownership then. To save you days of reading I''ll summarise:Delia and MWJ can''t afford to own this club, foreign h''investors are queuing up to buy us, all we need is for Delia to sell to one such investor who will then plough hundreds of millions into the club and we''ll be playing Barca in the Champions League like errr Blackburn.......

There are plenty of English people that I wouldn''t want anywhere near our club too, so I don''t see how the "foreign" bit is relevant.

There are mentalist owners, and mentally stable owners, of all nationalities, colors, creeds, and religions.

Examples of white British people that I wouldn''t want anywhere near our football club include:

Peter Risdale

Ken Bates

Marcus Evans

British owners / CEOs aren''t always what they are cracked up to be either.

Arsenal are 66.64% owned by the American Stan Kroenke, and 29.11% by the Russian Alisher Usmanov.

Under Kroenke''s ownership they have continued in the vein of extremely responsible financial management and are a profitable self-sufficient football club.

Sam Hammam is about as mental as you get, mental worked out quite well for Wimbledon, even rubbed off on the players....

From Wiki.....

Hammam has achieved a level of notoriety in English football for his unusual antics at matches, frequently walking around the pitchside during games, and his eccentric methods of publicising himself and his players. On at least one occasion he made a player eat sheep''s testicles prior to signing with Cardiff City.[8] He has threatened poorly performing players with trips to the Opera. In 1994 he was caught scrawling abusive graffiti in the away dressing room at Upton Park. When signing Robbie Earle from Port Vale, he locked the midfielder in his study until he signed.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Sam Hammam is about as mental as you get,  On at least one occasion he made a player eat sheep''s testicles prior to signing with Cardiff City.[/quote]Sheeps testicles are quite a common dish for a variety of foreigners, we Brits eat them too but unwittingly in kebabs, sausages and burgers rather than breadcrumbs. None of the colourful people you''ve listed have gone as far as appointing four managers in a single season in the chase for instant success.

Talking of potential owners etc I remember all the talk of Peter Cullum offering £20m to Delia. Does he still hang around & watch Norwich or has he washed his hands since we snubbed him.....wonder where we would be now if he had gotten his wish????

Your original post may not have been intended this way, but it sounds... well... a little prejudiced and... well, errrmmm.... BNP like?

"yet another example of mentalist behaviour exhibited by the foreign owners of a football club"

It reads a bit like a Daily Mail headline. There are only 8 Premier League clubs owned by British owners, there aren''t 12 Premier League clubs sacking managers every five minutes.

13 of the 24 Championship clubs have foreign owners, the other 11 are British controlled.

So 25 out of the top 44 clubs in England are foreign owned. I can only think of Blackburn as a genuine example of madness that are publicly clueless. The Cardiff bloke changed the club colours, but Malky Mackay apparently enjoys working for him, and they are top of the league.

The Nottm Forest owners seem a bit sack happy, but they are in a play off position.

Five of the top six placed teams in the Championship are owned by foreigners, as are four of the current top six placed teams in the Premier League.

I can see both sides if this & kind of agree with both sides, but you have to look at the history of foreign investment over the years. Liverpool  & Man Utd were both car crashes, Man City were trigger happy in the begining & at one point no one actually knew who owned the club, Chealski is an on going car crash IMO. Leeds has taken forever & Lord only knows what way that will go. Blackburn nuff said, Forrest is getting better. QPR has been a complete & utter disaster from start to finish..any others I have missed???

LIVERPOOL

First American owners were terrible, because they fell out, but the latest owners seem to be pretty clued up? They hired a great young manager, are giving him plenty of time, and he is well on the way to restoring their status as European qualifiers every year.

MAN UTD

Since Gillet took over in 2005 they have increased revenue, won the Champions League, won the Premier League four times, have floated on the stock market and been confirmed as the most valuable club in the world ($2bn+), and their last accounts recorded a profit. They are a sustainable business.

MAN CITY

Won their first top division title for over 40 years, and an FA Cup. The owner wiped off the debt of £305m, before foreign ownership they were broke.

CHELSEA

Chelsea have no debt, and their last set of accounts show a profit, confirming that Abramovich has succeeded in making Chelsea self-sufficient and sustainable. Three Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two League cups, and a Champions League win. More successful than Man Utd over the past decade.

LEEDS

"lord only knows what way that will go", presumably better than the Risdale era which nearly bankrupt them and lost them ownership of Elland Road?

BLACKBURN

The only strong example of foreign madness provided so far.

FOREST

The bloke only bought them in July 2012 and they are in a play off position in the first season!! They finished 19th last season!

QPR

Starting from when? Winning the championship, staying up in their first season, but their debt is owned by the owners, just like Chelsea''s was until he converted it to equity. QPR isn''t over yet, and they are still a division higher than they were when

All I can see is a bunch of clubs who are in a better position now than they were before being purchased by foreign owners.

The only catastrophic example of foreign ownership gone wrong is Portsmouth, who were clearly severely mismanaged financially, but there have been many examples of the same happening with English owners - particularly Leeds United.

You claim that your examples are "car crashes" or "utter disasters", do you want to see a real example of an utter disaster? If so, go and attempt to find a one time support of Darlington FC who have the unfortunate wods "was an English football club based in Darlington, County Durham" after their name.

They couldn''t afford to survive because a man with the very British sounding name George Reynolds built them a 25000 seater stadium which they couldn''t afford to maintain, that stadium now sits empty and a new club named Darlington 1883 plays in the Northern League Division One, ground sharing a ''stadium'' which wouldn''t have enough room to house the away supporters at Carrow Road.

But yeah, always the bloody foreigners! Should send them and their money somewhere else!

Foreign Owners taking over our club and maintaining the Leagues ''''financial fair play" rules, we might as well stay with what we have !

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Foreign Owners taking over our club and maintaining the Leagues ''''financial fair play" rules, we might as well stay with what we have !
[/quote]

I was one ot the first to start chanting Delia out, and will also openly admit I was wrong, Looking at the state of some of the clubs owned by Foreign owners we are heads above, Not only are we Stable but have a great CEO who knows a thing or 2 and the board room now is probably the best we have had, In my time anyway. Come the end of the season Staying up will reep the benefits, Debt free, C.H. gets a bigger purse for the summer= IMO top half next season with the prospect of even getting to Europe.  

[quote user="Not Nigel"]do you want to see a real example of an utter disaster? If so, go and attempt to find a one time support of Darlington FC who have the unfortunate wods "was an English football club based in Darlington, County Durham" after their name.

They couldn''t afford to survive because a man with the very British sounding name George Reynolds built them a 25000 seater stadium which they couldn''t afford to maintain, that stadium now sits empty and a new club named Darlington 1883 plays in the Northern League Division One, ground sharing a ''stadium'' which wouldn''t have enough room to house the away supporters at Carrow Road.

But yeah, always the bloody foreigners! Should send them and their money somewhere else![/quote]Could have sworn that it was Indian born businessman Raj Singh who closed down Darlington.... Sam Hammam didn''t he also sell the Wimbledon ground first to himself and then to a chain of supermarkets, now where exactly would I be able to see Wimbledon FC play this weekend I can''t see their name in the fixtures list anywhere?Embarrassingly you''ve managed to introduce two football clubs who no longer exist to this little debate and the records prove both were last run by foreign owners though it was the Norwegians who ultimately franchised WFC, be under no illusions they inherited nothing more than a stripped carcass from Hammam.ps I might take the Daily Mail in fact I take all the National papers but I''ll have you know some of my best friends are foreigners......[:P]

"Could have sworn that it was Indian born businessman Raj Singh who closed down Darlington"

He took it out of administration and put it back in, it was already buggered by the time he took it over, their big problem was the ground which Reynolds built.

"Sam Hammam didn''t he also sell the Wimbledon ground first to himself and then to a chain of supermarkets"

He bought the ground for £3m, and then purchased the club. Buying the club and then buying your ground from the club would be buying the ground from yourself, because if you own the club... then you own the ground. They moved out of Plough Lane in 1991 because they deemed conversion to an all seater to be nonviable (it was all standing), they still still owned the ground until 1998 and Wimbledon and Palace used it for reserve fixtures! Perhaps what you didn''t know is that the Chairman who sold the club to Hamann, Ron Noades, had plans to move the club to Milton Keynes in 1979 because the old stadium had no long term potential and a new site couldn''t be found. So you could argue that Hammam''s purchase actually gave them 25 more years in London.

Perhaps what you also didn''t know is that Hammamm sold 80% of the club to the Norweigens in 1997, before he sold the ground, he remained at the club until 2000 but he was not the majority shareholder.

"now where exactly would I be able to see Wimbledon FC play this weekend I can''t see their name in the fixtures list anywhere?"

And if you want people to blame for that, then you can blame a British man named Pete Winkelman and whatever fucktards were in charge of the FA at the time for allowing it to happen.

In my opinion Wimbledon played tonight, at Accrington Stanley, they lost 4-0. I consider AFC Wimbledon to be Wimbledon, and that''s why they have the old Wimbledon trophies.

"though it was the Norwegians who ultimately franchised WFC"

Nope. The club entered administration, Winkleman purchased it from the administrators, and it was Winkleman who then changed the name, badge, colors, and relocated it. He didn''t have to, he was after a club for his stadium development, he was also keen on QPR, Palace, Luton, and other clubs.

"be under no illusions they inherited nothing more than a stripped carcass from Hammam"

Hammam purchased a club who were close to the brink, he kept them in London for 25 years longer than would otherwise have been likely under Ron Noades. What they actually bought was a Premier League team, in 1997, and that Premier League team had three more seasons in the top flight. "Embarrassingly" you appear oblivious to these facts.

"ps I might take the Daily Mail in fact I take all the National papers but I''ll have you know some of my best friends are foreigners"

Hey, if the Daily Mail is the only paper around, I''ll give it a read. The football section is actually alright on a Sunday.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"This is relevant to Norwich..." No it isn''t.[/quote]

Seriously how many of your 7,000 posts are about Norwich or a reply to a thread that doesn''t have you working as a community forum police officer?

[/quote]

I don''t know kiddo, I don''t keep a tally. At the risk of putting some purpose to your pitiful existence you could always go count for me?

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]"This is relevant to Norwich..." No it isn''t.[/quote]

Despite your omnipresence you must have somehow missed the endless pages of debate on this forum concerning the merits and pitfalls of Delia and MWJ''s ownership then. [/quote]

No, I read them when they were relevant. When dubious characters were rumoured to be sniffing around, when the Club was issuing statements about actively seeking investment. As that subject has not been raised for a while, presumably due to our ever improving financial status then the chance of any investment, foreign or not, becomes more and more unlikely.