Sign in to follow this  
Blurboy1980

Kamara

He certainly has looked the part, and will hopefully be playing the full 90mins soon. Being uber picky, he only has one goal to his name, but there''s a lot more to it than that and he offers something we don''t get with our other forwards.

"Branston Pickle"]He certainly has looked the part, and will hopefully be playing the full 90mins soon. Being uber picky, he only has one goal to his name, but there''s a lot more to it than that and he offers something we don''t get with our other forwards.

-------------------------------------

being super picky. he has had what? two starts (around 60 mins a piece) and two sub appearances? and would have had 2 goals already if hoops hadn''t poached todays off of the line.

a goal every other game, there is nothing to be picky about, at all.

I think Kamara looks a good player in as much as his size, presence, touch, enthusiasm athletic ability but I think he isn''t quite there withe his positional play and the "premiership football brain".

Hopefully when he''s been in the game a while this will come.

He would have scored today had Hoolahoop not knocked it in from 0.1 yards out.  One goal plus two assists, that''s pretty decent for his game time and considering he''s still getting match fit.

Needed another striker at times, but did a good job at others. Definitely looks to be a grower, and may well play an important part in the run in yet. Holt looks out of sorts at best.

I did say ''being uber picky''!. I really like the guy and was meaning to be positive. I can see him being the first choice striker for the remainder of the season.

But it does remain the fact that he has 5 apps, one goal: these are the figures that others seem to set so much by whenever we are linked with players - it just goes to show they clearly don''t tell the full story.

Would have liked to see the midfield knock the ball beyond him and the Sunderland defence to give him something to run on to.

Won a lot of knocks today, with surprisingly people running beyond him - most notably Bennett.

Yes I thought he was excellent in the lone role, held the ball up well and competed physically while showing a good touch and of course was responsible for the goal.

One touch was exquisite when he disguised a pass to EB into space down the right which opened them up

He has a lot to learn about the Premiership game but hes enthusiastic & works hard so I''m hoping he does enough to get a contract in June.

Yep, I think at times he still looked a bit raw - whether that''s because he''s still not entirely match fit, or because he''s not quite got the mental sharpness/awareness up to scratch yet, I do not know.

However, he also did a lot of good things today and I think with a proper run in this division he would be a very useful addition to the squad.

In fairness looking at replays it looked like Gardner was coming in and could have stopped the ball going in had Wes not touched it.

That said I liked the Irish style jig they did to celebrate. St. Paddies day reference?

Gardner had ZERO chance of stopping that header. Hooli was literally on the goal line and tapped it in. Nothing was stopping that ball from going in. That should have been his 2nd goal of the season.

I wouldn''t criticise Wes at all - if you have a defender behind you and the ball comes at you a yard out, it has to be the right thing to nod it in, but from the replay Kei''s header would have scored anyway.

I agree he still has something to learn about the Prem game and to fit in the team, but yesterday was his first start in the lone striker role and he contributed well generally as well as the goal, so very happy with this signing.  Also when Holt came on he looked a lot more up for it, shame his touch let him down on the 1v1 but credit to him for not getting sucked in by Bramble who was trying to push him and creating teh chance out of nothing.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]. Being uber picky, he only has one goal to his name, .....[/quote]

As far as I am concerned the goal against Sunderland is Kamara''s, as it was going in without Hoolahan''s touch.

If I remember correctly thats two starts and two sub appearances, two goals.......

I''d like to see him put through so as to be given a run with the ball. Some of the video clips indicated that he was quite exciting when given the opportunity. So far he has largely been restricted to headers and lay-offs. There''s much more to him than that and he has pace to burn. 

Holt will have to slim down, get fit or do a bit more now, to grab his single striker position back from Kei. It looks as if Kei will be leading the attack at Wigan, anyway.

I like the way the new striker plays. Perhaps there is a little unsophistication in his play, but he is a real handful in the air and he is big, srong and quick. I am just windering whether Becchio would be a good foil for him if/when we play two strikers in home games.

I thought KK would take much longer to adjust to the PL, but the way he made a fool out of Fellaini and then O''Shea suggests that he''s a canny player. I think he should start against Wigan as his pace forces the defence to defend deeper and his jumping and heading ability is a real danger at set pieces or crosses. I also think CH deserves credit for breaking the mould to play Snods on the left and Bennett on the right.

This is not criticism but an observation. The Sunderland free kick that lay out BJ - Kamara was the only one in the wall that didn''t jump.

He was at the left side of the wall. It was lucky the ball went to the right - BJ jumped and quite possibily saved a goal. Hope the coaching staff picked it up. I know Kamara is tall but jumping while you''re part of a defensive wall against freekicks is an absolute 100% must. He was too busy protecting his face.

This the only negative I picked up - his general play is fine considering the limited time he''s had in the "english" game.