Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Retrospective ban for mcmanaman?

Agree with that YRT. The FA is a farce and has set a precedent that it will protect it''s officials rather than it''s players. You don''t earn ''Respect'' by ducking the issue and hiding your head in the sand!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Halsey is one of the better refs and admitted he missed the tackle and is sorry. Sounds like it wasn''t in his report and the FA will jump in (especially with all the media hype around the matter).

[/quote]

Can''t agree with that Beth.

Halsey USED to be a fairly good Ref, but he isnt now. He has apologised for missing it, I think one of the ''better refs'' would have seen it and taken the appropriate action.

Barmy! It''s just so wrong on every level. I would be surprised if Martinez plays him against us though with all the spotlight on him Time to lie low Mr McManamaamanmananm!

As I said earlier in the thread, I almost expected this. If an official sees the incident, the FA can''t go back and change the decision given in the game. (That is through some UEFA directive or other which doesn''t want to see referees being undermined.)

I wasn''t sure where we stood if the ref/other officials saw the tackle but not the full extent of it. Halsey may have missed it, but the BBC site at least suggests that at least one of the officials did see it and put it in their report. Saw the challenge that is, but not how bad it was.

Common sense would say that if they didn''t see the full extent the FA can go back and change the decision. However, the letter of the law probably doesn''t allow that. I''m not sure whether that''s UEFA law, or FA law. Either way, they can''t change the law mid-season on the back of that one decision.

Sorry, I don''t understand the reasoning behind the McManaman decision at all. They said no action could be taken because an official saw it and took no action. This rule is in place to protect the refs and they don''t want to keep undermining their decisions. On the other hand a few years ago when Holty was sent off at Reading, it was overturned, does this not undermine the ref''s decision ?