Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

How much do YOU love your club?

With no game this week, let''s use our imaginations and have a bit of fun.......A knock comes on the door and this smartly dressed fellow congratulates you with the news that you are a distant relative of Delia, and she has transferred all her shares to you with immediate effect, sold up and moved to Australia. Do you........Sell them immediately knowing you''ll never need to work again and can live the life you''ve always dreamed of?Sell some of them knowing you''ll still be comfortable but have lost the majority shareholding and therefore, control of the club?Keep them all and throw yourself into the task of taking the club forward but at the risk of the abuse you''d surely receive if things went wrong?The deal comes complete with a house and a car so you have no bills to pay BUT, you won''t receive wages either.What would you do?

[quote user="lappinitup"]With no game this week, let''s use our imaginations and have a bit of fun.......

A knock comes on the door and this smartly dressed fellow congratulates you with the news that you are a distant relative of Delia, and she has transferred all her shares to you with immediate effect, sold up and moved to Australia. Do you........

Sell them immediately knowing you''ll never need to work again and can live the life you''ve always dreamed of?

Sell some of them knowing you''ll still be comfortable but have lost the majority shareholding and therefore, control of the club?

Keep them all and throw yourself into the task of taking the club forward but at the risk of the abuse you''d surely receive if things went wrong?

The deal comes complete with a house and a car so you have no bills to pay BUT, you won''t receive wages either.

What would you do?

[/quote]

But I thought Peter Cullum and any number of authoritative posters here had said the shares were worthless?[;)]

As supporters 99.9% of us have the dream of owning the club we love & being Mr or Mrs Norwich City. But I would liken this to the employment of Bryan Gunn, he was given the chance to manage the club he loved & could hardly refuse the job but sadly he wasn''t up to it & as a result his status in the club has been somewhat tarnished(something that probably doesnt sit too well with those of us who remember him as a goalkeeping legend). I would love to be be the king pin, but I know nothing about running a football club therefor I would have to have someone beside me that knew what they were doing. Firstly & foremost I love supporting this club have been up & down the country, into Europe & even ventured into that god forsaken dump of a football ground at Poohman Road supporting my team. I would hate to not be able to cheer my team on, shout, scream, swear, stand up & roar them on if it all went wrong. Look at Mucous Evans do you think its an accident he has never shown his face??? When things were looking bleak a few years ago everyone was on Delia''s back, wanting investment from Peter Cullum, The QParse supporting West Ham fan, or any other foreign investor. I would suggest it has transpired that majority of the board werent the problem it was Mr Neil Donkeycaster...one swift change to Mr Mcnasty & suddenly she is Queen Bee again. I would love to win a fair few million on the lottery & buy a seat on the board....but Majority Shareholder....no thanks so as they say on Dragon''s Den " for that reason I''m out"

I''d sell a few, enough to buy Grant Holt some slimfast because he lost a stone and a half last year and has now, possibly, put on some or all of that and is lacking sharpness as a result (though I''m not suggesting that he is overweight), he probably needs to lose two stone because of muscle/fat comparisons which would make him lighter than last year although if he toned some of the fat to muscle it would weigh more so might mean that he didn''t need to lose as much weight as I said that he probably maybe needed to. But if he doesn''t lose the weight that he might need to depending on what he weighs now in comparison to last year and the year before and of course his BMI then he can sling his hook although he''ll always be a legend and I''m gutted he won''t get to a hundred goals but he wouldn''t anyway because he can''t be bothered.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

I''d sell a few, enough to buy Grant Holt some slimfast because he lost a stone and a half last year and has now, possibly, put on some or all of that and is lacking sharpness as a result (though I''m not suggesting that he is overweight), he probably needs to lose two stone because of muscle/fat comparisons which would make him lighter than last year although if he toned some of the fat to muscle it would weigh more so might mean that he didn''t need to lose as much weight as I said that he probably maybe needed to. But if he doesn''t lose the weight that he might need to depending on what he weighs now in comparison to last year and the year before and of course his BMI then he can sling his hook although he''ll always be a legend and I''m gutted he won''t get to a hundred goals but he wouldn''t anyway because he can''t be bothered.

[/quote]

LOL

Pity you can''t "tag in" other posters[:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"]With no game this week, let''s use our imaginations and have a bit of fun.......A knock comes on the door and this smartly dressed fellow congratulates you with the news that you are a distant relative of Delia, and she has transferred all her shares to you with immediate effect, sold up and moved to Australia. Do you........[/quote]I get emails like this from Nigeria every week.  I find that if I send them my bank account details, PIN number and CVV2 code, I generally never hear from them again.

The middle option, would love some shares but wouldn''t be able to dip into my pocket for a few million when we needed a player or anything like that and would feel the club needed someone with more financial clout than me!

Also I wouldn''t know where to start!

[quote user="Darren"]The middle option, would love some shares but wouldn''t be able to dip into my pocket for a few million when we needed a player or anything like that and would feel the club needed someone with more financial clout than me!

Also I wouldn''t know where to start![/quote]Id replace Wes in the starting 11 next week