Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Kei Kamara is Staying

Kei Kamara has moved in a couple of doors down from a friend of mine just a stones throw from Carrow Rd. He has also bought himself a little Merc. I would guess that he would be staying in a hotel if he was planning on returning to USA in May. From what I have seen of him I would be happy for him to stay here.

Those who follow him on Twitter knew about his flat and car a while back.

The decision as to whether his loan is made permanent is Chris Hughton''s.

It looks as if he may have leap-frogged Holt to become present main striker, so CH will have a good idea of his capability over the next few weeks. He certainly seems preferred to Becchio, who is on a permanent contract.

How on earth has he leapfrogged Holt? Holt is our main striker and will continue to be at least until the end of the season

I can''t believe Hughton will make a final decision on a loan player until near the end of his loan contract. Looks promising at the mo, yes fantastic, but lets see how that form is sustained next eight games.

A decision definitely wouldn''t have been made yet - but I think from what most of us have seen, unless we''re planning on spending a lot of dollar on a new striker force, would be a good investment

This isn''t an indication of whether he''s staying or not. I doubt whether we will sign him permanently but if we do, it will cost £2.5m apparently.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Which, by the look of it, would be a theft.
[/quote]

From our side or theirs?

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Which, by the look of it, would be a theft.[/quote]

From our side or theirs?

[/quote]2,5m for a capable premiership striker that seems to have already gelled into our team, and fits into the manager''s (currently) favourite formation? What more do you wish for?  I sense a good piece of business here.

Reports of when we loaned him stated figures a lot lower than 2.5M! Where do you ''hear'' that figure?

I think I read it on twitter from Michael Bailey or someone similar. It was either £2.5m or $2.5m. One of the two but remember clearly reading that figure quoted as the fixed price should we want to keep him.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

From our side or theirs?

[/quote]
2,5m for a capable premiership striker that seems to have already gelled into our team, and fits into the manager''s (currently) favourite formation? What more do you wish for?  I sense a good piece of business here.
[/quote]

I wouldn''t call it a steal, or a theft. Unless he goes on to score 15-20 league goals next season in which case it definitely would be.

At the moment £2.5m would be the top end of what I''d pay for him.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think I read it on twitter from Michael Bailey or someone similar. It was either £2.5m or $2.5m. One of the two but remember clearly reading that figure quoted as the fixed price should we want to keep him.[/quote] the $ figure equates to £1.66m at the current exchange rate, which, from what we have witnessed so bar, would be a massive bargain. what was Tony Pulis looking for when Kei had his Stoke trial?

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Which, by the look of it, would be a theft.[/quote]

From our side or theirs?

[/quote]2,5m for a capable premiership striker that seems to have already gelled into our team, and fits into the manager''s (currently) favourite formation? What more do you wish for?  I sense a good piece of business here.[/quote]

I wouldn''t call it a steal, or a theft. Unless he goes on to score 15-20 league goals next season in which case it definitely would be.

[/quote]He already scored 1,5 goals [:)]! For 2,5m pounds -or less-, imho even 10 goals/season would be a very decent return. Strikers are a strange lot, with all their ups and downs, they all carry an element of risk!

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

From our side or theirs?

[/quote]2,5m for a capable premiership striker that seems to have already gelled into our team, and fits into the manager''s (currently) favourite formation? What more do you wish for?  I sense a good piece of business here.[/quote]

[/quote]Football fans are funny. Here we have an example where £2.5m for Kamara is at the upper end of what he''s worth, yet on another thread we have people suggesting we fork out £8m for Jordan Rhodes.Quite a lot of contrasting beliefs on this board.For the record, my opinion is, if the market value of Rhodes is £8m - which it is seeing as though that''s what Blackburn paid for him - then £2.5m for Kamara is a steal.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think I read it on twitter from Michael Bailey or someone similar. It was either £2.5m or $2.5m. One of the two but remember clearly reading that figure quoted as the fixed price should we want to keep him.[/quote] the $ figure equates to £1.66m at the current exchange rate, which, from what we have witnessed so bar, would be a massive bargain. what was Tony Pulis looking for when Kei had his Stoke trial?[/quote]The ability to trap a ball from 40ft (high), approaching rapidly with snow on it.........

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I think I read it on twitter from Michael Bailey or someone similar. It was either £2.5m or $2.5m. One of the two but remember clearly reading that figure quoted as the fixed price should we want to keep him.[/quote] the $ figure equates to £1.66m at the current exchange rate, which, from what we have witnessed so bar, would be a massive bargain. what was Tony Pulis looking for when Kei had his Stoke trial?[/quote]The ability to trap a ball from 40ft (high), approaching rapidly with snow on it.........[/quote]....of course, what was i thinking.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Budapest Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

From our side or theirs?

[/quote]
2,5m for a capable premiership striker that seems to have already gelled into our team, and fits into the manager''s (currently) favourite formation? What more do you wish for?  I sense a good piece of business here.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Football fans are funny. Here we have an example where £2.5m for Kamara is at the upper end of what he''s worth, yet on another thread we have people suggesting we fork out £8m for Jordan Rhodes.

Quite a lot of contrasting beliefs on this board.

For the record, my opinion is, if the market value of Rhodes is £8m - which it is seeing as though that''s what Blackburn paid for him - then £2.5m for Kamara is a steal.
[/quote]

At the moment I think that''s the upper limit because we''re looking at someone who has only played 5 games for the club/5 games in this league and has scored 1 goal.

Not saying he hasn''t made a very encouraging start because he has but I think a little has gone a long way.

Opinions might change significantly by the end of the loan period.

I hope he is staying. He does need to work a lot on his game, but he is worth £2.5m just for the aerial threat alone.

Kenwyne Jones comes off the bench more than he starts, irrespective of who we sign, and irrespective of whether Holt has a storming season next year, Kamara would be by far the scariest player for us to bring off the bench to try and steal a goal in the last 10 or 15 minutes.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

As that ball was going in the net before Hoolahan touched it, as far as I am concerned thats 2 goals he has scored.

[/quote]

So you see that as a goal for Kamara. Does that mean you don''t see it as a goal for Hoolahan?

I see it as 1 goal and 1 assist in 2 starts and 3 sub appearances, which is a good return, especially in a team which struggles so much for goals/chances. An assist is as good as a goal for me. The simple fact of the matter is that Kamara has had a greater impact than Becchio with a similar amount of game time, so far. For me he is well on the way to earning himself a contract here, and I think he''ll achieve cult hero status.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

As that ball was going in the net before Hoolahan touched it, as far as I am concerned thats 2 goals he has scored.

[/quote]

Except he hasn''t has he?

He has scored one and can claim an admirable assist for Hoolahan''s goal. Hoolahan did exactly the right thing and you simply cannot know whether it would have gone in or not without his extra touch.

Wes''s goal. End of.

I was told the fee would be about £1.75M - which works out near enough what you suggested star_manic, and RDS7.

From what we''ve seen so far, if true, would indeed be a bargain