Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

At least we respect our manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21857347

Unbelievable isn''t it really, I know there''s quite a lot of Hughton bashers on here, but most of us are quite happy with the job he''s done overall. I don''t always enjoy the football played at home either...everyone wants to see goals! But sacking a manager just like that, without really giving him a go at the job... Try and compare it with your own job, I am judged by my director too and we sit together to plan and discuss how bussiness is going, but if he would sack his staff after a bad month or two...

What do you think of this trend in football?

Problem is that for Chelsea it has kind of worked.

Most seasons they win a trophy.

Southampton dont look any worse off really.

And then, well then there is Blackburn. Oh dear.

Michael Appleton was sacked by Blackburn after two months.

What the article doesn''t point out is that to take that job he walked away from Blackpool, after two months.

The lack of loyalty and patience appears to be a problem in both directions, asking clubs to be loyal to managers seems futile when many managers are not loyal to clubs.

Appleton also told Portsmouth fans in March that he wouldn''t walk away from Portsmouth whatever happened, and then walked away in November to take the Blackpool job, which he walked away from two months later.