Sign in to follow this  
Skerritt

People worrying about us going down...

Reading and QPR are pretty much out of the race.

There are another five teams below us competing to avoid the last drop place.

Sunderland has 5 of the top 7remaining in their last fixtures. Baring in mind they can only draw against a 10 man norwich with a cheap pen and getting away with a pen claim for us.

Villa have 4 of the top ten remaining.

Newcastle are on a sh*t run of form.

West ham are playing poorly.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE RELEGATED.

None of the teams around us, or below as are mathematically safe or relegated, and until that is set in concrete, there''s always a chance we could get sucked into it

[quote user="Skerritt"]Reading and QPR are pretty much out of the race.

Sunderland has 5 of the top 7remaining in their last fixtures. Baring in mind they can only draw against a 10 man norwich with a cheap pen and getting away with a pen claim for us.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE RELEGATED.[/quote]If only it was that simple

Maths, that''s all that counts, we need to be mathematically safe BEFORE I AM GOING TO SCREAM ABOUT BEING SAFE :-)

It all looks promising, agreed. Football is a funny game, however, and if we lost at Wigan and at home against Swansea, panic could set in, confidence fall and.....

Saturday''s performance however, convinces me that have skilled players on the margins if we suffer injuries, we can be resolute and we can be a well-drilled defensive side. I think that we can take reverses, even if we have to grind things out.

I think that things could get much tighter for us, and we need to support and lift the players, but since Saturday I have become more confident.

Can now get 25-1 on us being relegated - if you think we are going down, put your savings on it....

Op you are probably right but the uplift in villa and Wigans fortunes make some of us a tad more nervous. A few weeks ago i was convinced that 36 pointswould keep us up , now i think we will probably need 39. Not many more points i know but they still need to be got. Avoid defeat against Wigan and we are nearly there, lose and we will probably be ok but the nervousness will be increased

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Skerritt"]Reading and QPR are pretty much out of the race.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE RELEGATED.[/quote]If only it was that simple[/quote]

Well all we have to do is gain a few draws and maybe a win and that will leave Sunderland having to beat the big teams

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Maths, that''s all that counts, we need to be mathematically safe BEFORE I AM GOING TO SCREAM ABOUT BEING SAFE :-)[/quote]

I literally will as well:) Come on City!

"Well all we have to do is gain a few draws and maybe a win and that will leave Sunderland having to beat the big teams"As I said earlier, if only it was that simple

Maybe we won''t be going down but our form this year has been horrendous and we''ll probably draw our way to safety!

Villa, soton and Wigan will win more of their remaining games than we will so we have to hope that west ham and Newcastle carry on their poor form like we will.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Maybe we won''t be going down but our form this year has been horrendous and we''ll probably draw our way to safety!

Villa, soton and Wigan will win more of their remaining games than we will so we have to hope that west ham and Newcastle carry on their poor form like we will.[/quote]

Does anything suggest to you that they will? We are three quarters of the way through the season. Why are some posters on here so convinced that all the other teams who are down the ar$e end of the table much more likely for an upturn in performance than we are?

I have said it before, I enjoy the football transfer window... The football season is a worry throughout. Staying up is all I care about, yes doing it playing good football and watching quality helps. But this season it is clear it would be tough and a number of our players have proved their level is not as a starting player for a stable premiership team.

I will only relax when it is mathematically possible, then I am only interested in improving our team with genuine quality in about 5-6 positions.

Right now the Wigan game is going to be a cracker. I can''t wait to be there. Every game is tough but a win with Wigan will put us in the front seat to stay up this season.

Even closer to Swansea if they stumble against Spurs

now that will be a cracker

A full house at Carrow Road, the chance to get into the top half of the table and aiming for a higher place, and more points than last season

I am confident we will stay up, but always that slight doubt in back of my mind.

Really hope we stay up more than ever, the financial rewards would be great.

Really feel if we do survive, next year will be our best in recent times. Bringing in a much higher calibre of player.