Sign in to follow this  
Lord Horn

Weimann on our hit list.

Agreed it would be a very good signing, but I think this is a journo putting 2+2 together and getting 50.  He wont sign for us if Villa stay up.

He''s good, and with Benteke is the main reason why Villa have been playing better and will probably survive.

It may this be an academic point, but in any case isn''t Benteke the more prolific scorer?

At this stage in contract negotiations the players agent will leak a story to the press about other clubs interested in his client to put pressure on his current club (mainly by trying to rile the supporters) by linking a Villa player with Norwich Weimann''s agent has pulled a master stroke.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

At this stage in contract negotiations the players agent will leak a story to the press about other clubs interested in his client to put pressure on his current club (mainly by trying to rile the supporters) by linking a Villa player with Norwich Weimann''s agent has pulled a master stroke.

[/quote].

All part of the silly games.

This guy would be expensive.

21 y/o and 11 goals in the premier league?

I dread to think.

Ignoring that it''s probably just agent talk I would definitely have him here.

[quote user="Nicko"]This guy would be expensive.

21 y/o and 11 goals in the premier league?

I dread to think.[/quote]His contract is up in the summer.  Not sure how it works with foreign nationals re: tribunals though.

I would hazard a guess that Benteke may be key in all this. Presume Villa stay up,and Benteke stays, Lambert will have a far better chance of getting a decent (non-relegation material) team together. If Benteke goes (even if they do stay up) then Weimann may not want to hang around. He looks a very good player.

Would be a great alternative to Hoolahoop!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

I would hazard a guess that Benteke may be key in all this. Presume Villa stay up,and Benteke stays, Lambert will have a far better chance of getting a decent (non-relegation material) team together. If Benteke goes (even if they do stay up) then Weimann may not want to hang around. He looks a very good player.

[/quote]

This.

The problem is that you will have players that know they are good enough to play at a higher level and want certain assurances to stay.

Villa will scrape it if they do stay up this season. Benteke will go no matter what I think, he is still young and could go to someone like Arsenal/Spurs and develop further in the Champions league etc as well as live somewhere with better connections to home. I find it really hard to see him staying at Villa.

And as you say this could influence others as without Weimann or Benteke they would be dead and buried already.

Would be a very good signing!

Him and KK upfront together, I''d like that

agree he would be a great signing, but i think some of the top clubs will be interested if their is a hint of his availability. I saw a report a couple of weeks ago about Arsenal keeping tabs on him.

A much better option than other names being thrown around, ie Hooper!

Have to agree that Weimann is far better than Hooper, but as said probably too expensive for us and does he want to leave Villa if they stay up? Mind you if we were going to spend 8 million on one player then why not Weimann, proven scorer for a poor premiership side, would be a good signing.

Very Interesting. He is a quality player who i assumed will saty with Villa if they survive. This casts doubt on this even if they stay up. Can we out bid Villa on terms? seems a possibility lets wait and see they would be mad to let him leave

We don''t need him, we''ve got Holty. He''s a legend!! Even though he''s carrying abit of timber,has stopped scoring goals and doesn''t seem to work very hard now he''s got his new contract I''m sure it will all come good again next season.

[quote user="SYG"]Would be a very good signing! Him and KK upfront together, I''d like that[/quote]

The best thing about this story is that it is winding the villains up into an absolute frenzy! If that affects the way their supporters react to him, then more power to the elbow! Let''s go onto their "Holte 7500" site and perpetuate the story......

When Villa come to play at CR - should we start the song "there''s only one Andreas Weimann" tee hee? [:D]

Ha ha that needs to happen!

It worked for them about Lambert, so it''s payback time ;)

I wonder if he is a one season wonder, personally I don''t think he has uprooted trees with his performances this year and if we started with kk and him upfront I would not think the upgrade has been high enough.

We need two quality players thank god the transfer window is a bit off, so we can look to Europe there must be much better forwards than both in our price range.