Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Binners discuss holt

an ippo ''friend'' ;) of mine told me we are a big topic on their forum since yesterday.

first topic is how amazing we are and how much bigger than them we are with our talks with lisbon over VW (well, something along those lines.)

the other is- would they mind signing grant holt.

the grant holt one confused me, as I cant see them spending anymore than 1m on a player, let alone however much we''d ask for holt.

Reading a binner forum are we? BINNER!!
But in all seriousness, they have lost the plot well and truly.

Perhaps their discussing more of ''would they have him here'' discussion, seeing as though he plays for us and has been one of the main reasons for going from League 1 to the prem in 3 years. Its a bit like if we were still in League 1 and asked if we would like one of their star players (which is embarrassingly M. Chopra ..lol,). Although they couldn''t afford him, perhaps that''s more of the discussion?

However they are deranged and i''m probably wrong

There are plenty of Binners discussing Holt on this site so no need to look on one of theirs. [:D]

There are plenty of Binners discussing Holt on this site so no need to look on one of theirs. [:D]

They wouldn''t be able to get anywhere near Holt. They couldn''t afford him. Give it 5 years when he''s 35+ years old and on a free, that''s when the s c u m mers will come into play.

Ipswich have at least three major problems:

1) Ipswich is further from Carlisle. If he wants to go anywhere, it is north.

2) We would want a fair sum for someone with two years left on his contract, and in a position where we do not have to sell.

3) Ipswich are ******** - why would he want to go there.

If he does leave before the end of his contract, and he might if he is not getting many games, it seems highly likely that he will go north, as near as possible to his family.

I don''t think there''s any realistic chance of him going there.

Not having looked at their forums, I guess their dilemma is, if he became available, he''s exactly the sort of player they need, but would they be able to stomach having a player who was such a crucial part of probably the two most comprehensive derby victories to happen in a single season.  But I think it''s an academic debate because I don''t expect him to leave us soon, and when he does, I don''t think he''d go there.

It''s no coincidence that we still sing "He scored 3 goals against the scum, Grant Holt..."

"Give it 5 years when he''s 35+ years old and on a free, that''s when the s c u m mers will come into play."

I dunno, he could get himself involved in some fraud, assault other folk in a pub, beat up his wife and they would be falling over themselves to sign him.

All three and he would be nailed on certainty for their player of the season

poorman road -- the Jeremy Kyle show of the football world

Would we get more than £1million for the tubby tyrefitter? I''m not so sure. But he''s a proven Premiership goal scorer!! So is Alan Shearer but I wouldn''rt be in any hurry to sign him. And it''s an easier drive to Carlisle via the A14/M6.

Got me thinking now, who was the last first team player to leave us to join the dark side ? 

( I need a new dart board picture ).....