Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Blackburn & Rhodes

Clearly they are heading for Div 1, so should we consider a bid for Rhodes? He will not want to head back to Div 1, may even have a get out clause in his contract.

The window at the end of the season, perhaps we should make a bid, as we should have done last year.

The chicken farmers will grab the money, before they (thankfully) leave Blackburn.

He certainly did well in the lower divisions, but has he done much for Blackburn? You could forgive him if he hasn''t, with all the managerial changes and a clearly unhappy club, but should we be aiming higher?

[quote user="Salopian"]He certainly did well in the lower divisions, but has he done much for Blackburn? You could forgive him if he hasn''t, with all the managerial changes and a clearly unhappy club, but should we be aiming higher?[/quote]

Yes, he''s scored 22 in the leage so far.

And we probably should be aiming higher for an immediately first choice, but Holt hasn''t quite been himself, Jackson hardly plays, Martin and Vauaghan will be off, you''d expect Jackson with them. That leaves two permanent strikers, and Kamara, who we''ll probably sign, only problem with Rhodes, is even if they go down he''s going to cost a fair chunk, as Blackburn won''t want to make a big loss.

Despite the Venky''s being completely incompetant, they do seem to have a little bit of money. They paid £8m for Rhodes, and I doubt they''re gonna want to sell him for less even if they go down.

Think we could pick up better elsewhere for that money tbh

I''m not sure Rhodes, for the money they''d probably want for him, is up to Prem Standard yet.

Yes he did well in the lower leagues, but we need someone with a little experience that can come in and score goals for us on a regular basis - Rhodes has hardly done that in the champ, albeit for a poor Blackburn side

[quote user="AJ"]I''m not sure Rhodes, for the money they''d probably want for him, is up to Prem Standard yet.

Yes he did well in the lower leagues, but we need someone with a little experience that can come in and score goals for us on a regular basis - Rhodes has hardly done that in the champ, albeit for a poor Blackburn side[/quote]Didn''t Dean Aston only have a lower league record?

Rhodes hasn''t scored on a regular basis for Blackburn?

What?

22 goals in 36 games for a bottom half side is pretty regular goal scoring record...

When I have watched another dull Careful Chris performance I always thank God that I am not a Blackburn fan. There are always teams worse off than us (Bryan Gunn era excluded)

I''d happily take Austin, still think he''d be a good signing for us. Not so keen on Rhodes as I said above, Vydra would probably be hard to sign due to the whole Udinse/Watford links. Tom Inch and Chris Wood are again good shouts - but maybe we need a bit of experience.

I''m sure Hugetongue will be bring in the right players to fit his tactics

With the massive cash bonus all Premier League clubs are getting in the summer I can only see the prices of English players going through the roof. Blackburn will expect to make a profit on the £8m they spend on Rhodes.

Blackpool said they would only accept £7m for Ince, that was after rejecting a £5m offer from Reading. Matt Jarvis cost West Ham £10m.

Players from the Championship are not the cheap option they once use to be - Norwich need to look towards Europe for bargins from now on.

i very much doubt we will be interested in Rhodes. he would be priced way above his realistic value. as for Dean Ashton, we got him from a club with a magnificent record of producing PL quality players.

[quote user="Salopian"]He certainly did well in the lower divisions, but has he done much for Blackburn? You could forgive him if he hasn''t, with all the managerial changes and a clearly unhappy club, but should we be aiming higher?[/quote]

2012-13 Championship only

Hudersfield            2              2 goals

Blackburn             34 apps    20 goals

DOB 5/2/90 --> just turned 23

6'' 2" tall

[quote user="canarygirl"]Any player that has a Country named after him is good enough for me.[/quote]You must be a fan of Jason Scotland then? [:S]